Anime Megathread

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Premium Member
Nebulae
fyi the anime basically covers up to vol 5 chapter 30 in the manga, but the manga is p different to the anime

Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (Erased) or Koe no Katachi (A Silent Voice) are two of the best examples of how the need to shrink a manga into an anime movie/series can end up changing the plot drastically.

Koe no Katachi ends way too early, in a rather rushed manner - The movie is beautiful, but still some things feel out of place.

Boku Dake ga Inai Machi is a rather standard manga in terms of length but still too much for a 20-something episodes anime. The ending, and half of the anime, ends up being some sort of complete rework. It's not bad at all, it's real fun and the ending leaves you with a shocked face due to how "odd" it is, but indeed, the manga is way better and more developed.

Dr Heckyll

Molecule
Nebulae
anyone watching attack on titan?
if you haven't read the manga then oh boy you're in for a ride this season

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
anyone watching attack on titan?
if you haven't read the manga then oh boy you're in for a ride this season
can't wait for next episode considering I've read the manga and I know whats coming up

im totally hype

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
haha nerd 2nd half of season 3 aint coming till april
it's a 2nd cour thing
episode 13 is what im hype about

idgaf about reiner or bertholt story tbh, the only thing worth waiting for the 2nd half is the fight against the war hammer or galliard

holiday adi

黑色土人
Nebulae
Now comes the question

WHICH

DB, DBZ, i'll never say that any episode of Dragon Ball is bad but DB:GT is not canon and therefore i don't rate it, DBS and all of the movies.

the greatest anime the world has seen

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Premium Member
Nebulae
In my opinion, DBS is currently the best one, story-wise, really opened up to a lot of new things and it wasn't just a cash-grab like GT.

DBS started with a big dumb, but they did good after.

However there's many animes. If we take community voting into account, best one would be FMA:B, followed by Kimi no Na wa and Steins;Gate, but you know, people like what they like.

DB is a really good saga if you ask me, I used to watch it when I was a kid, but I'm more focused on other genres as of now.

Reactions: List

holiday adi

黑色土人
Nebulae
DBS started with a big dumb, but they did good after.

However there's many animes. If we take community voting into account, best one would be FMA:B, followed by Kimi no Na wa and Steins;Gate, but you know, people like what they like.

DB is a really good saga if you ask me, I used to watch it when I was a kid, but I'm more focused on other genres as of now.

I don't particullary watch a lot of anime, but the ones i've watched are

DB, DBZ, DBS, Most of the DB Movies, AoT, and i've seen some of Tokyo Ghoul and 7 Deadly Sins