Anyone here excited for Overwatch?

swagile

Atom
Nebulae

I like the game but I have the same thoughts as above. The only thing that can offset this currently is the competitive play of the community. The hero's are very balanced with only a few twerks needed here and there which makes its competitive scene even greater than TF2 considering more reliance on teamwork is put in considering you cannot "carry" the team on Overwatch like you can in TF2 considering a hero on the enemy team can counter you completely and utterly if they know what they are doing.

Even then, competitive play is considering a minor thing even in TF2 which boasts a higher population. Considering the way Overwatch is going, it will shine for a year at most then burn out really quickly unless it grasps onto its unique concepts and avoids the pitfalls of all major multiplayer titles go through.

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
if it wasnt forced upon me like anal by a child molester then i may of liked it but all i fucking see is overwatch this, overwatch that
i ever got so pissed about it while i was three quarters asleep i made a shitty meme
p6bS6.jpg

and junkrat is my favourite character cause hes a lad and would have a pint with the fellas even after having a fight with them same fellas

Reactions: List

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
if it wasnt forced upon me like anal by a child molester then i may of liked it but all i fucking see is overwatch this, overwatch that
i ever got so pissed about it while i was three quarters asleep i made a shitty meme
p6bS6.jpg

and junkrat is my favourite character cause hes a lad and would have a pint with the fellas even after having a fight with them same fellas

I think so many people are forcing the game down other people's throats because of the hype. It was literally Onlywatch for almost an ENTIRE YEAR (closed beta and then stress test once or twice and a open beta for about a week) so people are letting out there frustrations in the form of "excitement".

Reactions: List

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
I got really hyped for it when it was revealed 2014. Now that hype is gone for some reason, it burned out when more people got to know about it.

Cmdr. Friendly Enginer

Its lonely here looks like ive left
Nebulae
kill me.. i main bastion and get POTG every time
also i may or may not have made bastion in pac with turret and tonk changing events

abcdefg

Atom
Nebulae
its competitive scene even greater than TF2 considering more reliance on teamwork is put in considering you cannot "carry" the team on Overwatch like you can in TF2 considering a hero on the enemy team can counter you completely and utterly if they know what they are doing.

Even then, competitive play is considering a minor thing even in TF2 which boasts a higher population
these words hurt me, friend

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
i never played overwatch but it looks like a better and well made alternative of tf2, problem is $$$ tho
TF2 is a completely different game and has completely different game mechanics, if you think that they are similiar in any way other than the first person aspect then you are pretty ignorant.

Cmdr. Friendly Enginer

Nebulae
TF2 is a completely different game and has completely different game mechanics, if you think that they are similiar in any way other than the first person aspect then you are pretty ignorant.
well theres some similarities with the class style but overall there both different
look at the tf2 crossed with overwatch art and you'll see what i mean

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
maybe i would buy it if it wasnt mad fucking overpriced

Cmdr. Friendly Enginer

Nebulae
The 'class style' is more similar to something like Dota than tf2
yeah but i mean like tracer is like the scout.. a fast moving class with a moderate damage output
and torbojorn is a dedicated turret builder like tf2 engineer. those aren't bad things just seeing the similarities

Cmdr. Friendly Enginer

Nebulae
I guess so.
I see it as Blizzard 'borrowing' some things from Valve just like when Valve 'borrowed' the Dota mod.
yup.. but thats not a bad thing also the russian (forgot her name) quotes the heavy so yeah..

abcdefg

Atom
Nebulae
to be honest not much is similar to team fortress 2 really, other than similarities between classes

a big difference between tf2 and overwatch is that team fortress 2 classes take skill LOL