Anyone learning a language and why?

Megafro

Neutrino
Nebulae
plan on learning russian as well so i can eventually go to russia and take pictures of the urban environments
something about the soviet era buildings look nice to me in imgs
Yeah tbh the buildings do look nice

I speak Russian because I am originally from Ukraine, I learned English from minecraft cuz school is useless lol

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
YEEEEPPP *sips* Hungarian... now THATS a difficult language

Trying to learn Chinese too innit because I really enjoy doing Shanghai and want to talk to the Chinese crew that fly with us when we do it

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
say what you want about nebulous/lp

but it unironically improved my english far more than school ever did
that is frighteningly true for me at least
i never really learned english in school, 94% of my dictionary and grammar n spelling is from watching cartoons, playing XBOX LIVE games and reading english books in my childhood

Megafro

Neutrino
Nebulae
YEEEEPPP *sips* Hungarian... now THATS a difficult language

Trying to learn Chinese too innit because I really enjoy doing Shanghai and want to talk to the Chinese crew that fly with us when we do it
"I really enjoy doing Shanghai" Did you mean going to Shanghai?

Black Rain (1989)

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Chardust
Nebulae
Started learning German because I lived there for a while and I've just kept at it, pretty rusty now as I don't s use it everyday. But I've started revising it again because of my research at Uni.

Started learning Russian to help read sources and stuff for Uni too.

Went to Poland to study Polish for a while and that was a mistake, hardest language I ever attempted.

Zarail

Atom
Nebulae
Learning spanish so it'll get me some extra points for higher education in the future.
Spain and its culture are pretty cool but spanish class itself makes me want to commit seppuku.

"Tú eres una persona negra." is definetely the most useful phrase I know. Definetely.

EDIT: Also tried learning polish by myself some times but gave up every time. Holy fuck how do you poles learn to speak this shit

liew

Don't Shoot I'm Too Short
Nebulae
I've been trying to learn German for around 2 years now and I can still hardly form sentences but my vocab is pretty good, it's just the grammar that always screws me over along with the genders.

I've been pretty interested in Germany as a whole for a while, the history of the country, the culture etc. I plan to move there someday hopefully, or at least live there for a while hence why I'm learning it beforehand.

I'd honestly love for a quick-fire way to learn it, so if anyone has any advice I'd welcome it.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I've been trying to learn German for around 2 years now and I can still hardly form sentences but my vocab is pretty good, it's just the grammar that always screws me over along with the genders.

I've been pretty interested in Germany as a whole for a while, the history of the country, the culture etc. I plan to move there someday hopefully, or at least live there for a while hence why I'm learning it beforehand.

I'd honestly love for a quick-fire way to learn it, so if anyone has any advice I'd welcome it.
Quickest way to learn a language is to throw yourself in at the deep end by trying to speak it to native speakers

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Trying out French,
Lot of the game industry is in french speaking countries. So best I get to grips with that sooner than later.

Kerim

Proton
Nebulae
been learning spanish for a few years cause it's one of the most used languages in the world also fuck spanish phrases they're dumb

ohye and if anyone wants to blow their brains out because of a language czech is a fun one to try your hand at

shibe

Molecule
Nebulae
can speak scuffed german and learning french in school but i'm still bad at it after 5 years

D

Deleted member 2994

learned french in high school so i would fit the requirements for a college that i planned on attending

im not fluent, but learning french has helped expand my world view :^) and it made my trip to paris a few years ago a lot easier

i kind of plan on learning something like arabic or chinese, since i quite liked learning french
if anyone knows arabic/chinese, or is learning it, is there a good case for learning it, apart from the enjoyment you get from knowing cool new stuff?

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
learned french in high school so i would fit the requirements for a college that i planned on attending

im not fluent, but learning french has helped expand my world view :^) and it made my trip to paris a few years ago a lot easier

i kind of plan on learning something like arabic or chinese, since i quite liked learning french
if anyone knows arabic/chinese, or is learning it, is there a good case for learning it, apart from the enjoyment you get from knowing cool new stuff?
im swedish so im basically fluent in arabic
ibn mashallah sharmouta *spits* kalib sakhif بد طوبز امك يا ابن الشرموط
௵﷽﷽

dvn

Atom
Nebulae
fn_football_slateblue.png

shia

the freakster
Nebulae
say what you want about nebulous/lp

but it unironically improved my english far more than school ever did
i remember when @Braňo trying to type english was the funniest shit, now he can speak properly and shit, so congratulations on that bit bro

anyway ive been trying to learn russian for awhile but thats been inconsistent

Brano

Just call me Brandon
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i remember when @Braňo trying to type english was the funniest shit, now he can speak properly and shit, so congratulations on that bit bro

anyway ive been trying to learn russian for awhile but thats been inconsistent
Sorry what, I can't understand you