Are you a Feminist?

Are you a feminist?

• Total voters

DenZ

the silent moderator guy
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
It's pretty sad to see people take the piss out of this, when in real fact, feminism has done a lot for women over the past several decades (if you look at statistical difference or just study sociology, you'd know) I mean let's forget about the radical spectrum of feminism for a moment (which is your typical, "all men are bad xdd") and take liberal feminists for example. They advocate equal work opportunities for men and women through law and policy reforms, that's it. What's so bad about that? They don't go on this hateful spree that we all know is tumblr, and blog about how utter shit their life is due to this massive force known as MAN.

If you're a feminist, it doesn't mean you're an extremist who believes all women have gone nowhere over the last 30 years. It just means you agree that men and women should be equal. It's that simple. That's what most feminist movements do.

Even Obama openly expressed that he is a feminist. Which again, just means he endorses equal work opportunity for both men and women. At the end of the day, I'm somewhat liberal myself in terms of feminism. Doesn't mean I start a huge blog about it or push for total equality.

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
They advocate equal work opportunities for men and women through law and policy reforms
I believe you are mixing things up here.
HWX43C7.png

DenZ

the silent moderator guy
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I believe you are mixing things up here.
HWX43C7.png
"They advocate equal work opportunities for men and women through law and policy reforms". Bro, I'm referring to patriarchy not "all people are equal". Feminism highlights the issue between men and women being unequal, not all races and classes lmao

Reactions: List

Englishh

the reason abortion should be fully legalised
Nebulae
its not past feminism that is the problem
its modern feminism

Englishh

the reason abortion should be fully legalised
Nebulae
>India
>Nearly all of Africa
>Most of South America

''does not exist in most countries''
[doublepost=1472144415][/doublepost]

radical feminism*
no feminism in any day today is retarded, it's literally female bias. if you want equality, then lay down your arms, cause you've already got it in the west, we're different, stop trying to make the 2 genders the same, thanks :3

Nebulae
"They advocate equal work opportunities for men and women through law and policy reforms". Bro, I'm referring to patriarchy not "all people are equal". Feminism highlights the issue between men and women being unequal, not all races and classes lmao

So... implying the issues between all classes and races shouldn't be highlighted?

In other words, if you put aside my little strawman up here, I think this implies that feminism is simply a sub-branch of egalitarianism thought.

So then what's the point? If egalitarianism isn't enough that means you're not upholding that ideology correctly.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
cause you've already got it in the west

But we still don't have it in the places I mentioned

Are you serious?
Do you see any feminists in India? or in Africa? The majority of ''feminists'' live in first world countries.

Just because there aren't feminists there doesn't mean that there aren't people who support gender equality in said country