Nebulae
dims

https://venturebeat.com/2020/04/29/ubisoft-announces-assassins-creed-valhalla/

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
cant wait to leap of faith off mounds of shit and climb the architecture of rural scotland and wales

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I hope they remove that level bullshit that was in Odyssey

just go back to the way brotherhood and AC 2 was, honestly

Also I seriously would not mind some historical inaccuracy if it meant that they dive into the folklore and religion

Reactions: List

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
please

or do a Black Flag with viking sailing from place to place
The world is quite literally your oyster then

can go to the inner rivers of Eastern Europe, Spain or Africa. Hell, might even follow the expeditionary force that landed in Canada originally

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...torytelling-by-giving-you-a-viking-settlement

Big article on the game btw, with some cool nuggets of information

First of all, the Anglo-Saxon king in the trailer is Alfred the Great, so the game will seem to take place in the later 800s, and the majority of the game will be taking place in Britain

You see Vikings and their families spending some quiet, quality time together back home in Norway, where Valhalla's saga begins, and that things weren't so (Alfred the) Great in Britain either - where the majority of Valhalla actually takes place.

You're also gonna have your own settlement to build and grow; And it's gonna be central to the story and your actions in game.

But what seems certain is how Valhalla has been entirely shaped by this principle Vikings were not only invaders but settlers as well. They were ferocious warriors, yes, but also a group of people with a rich culture, living gods and huge mythology - all of which Valhalla will explore in detail. Central to all that will be a new village settlement hub - a home for main character Eivor and their comrades, a familiar starting point for adventures and a place you'll see your decisions play out.

Valhalla's narrative is being built around your settlement, and through it. "It's your own Viking village you'll see prosper and grow, and which your clan mates will live in," Laferrière tells me via video call. "It's at the centre of our quests and the centre of the decisions you make. We want players to see the consequences of their actions." Big story arcs will begin and end here, the impact of your decisions rippling through your growing community.

Also I seriously would not mind some historical inaccuracy if it meant that they dive into the folklore and religion

Odyssey let players meet characters and creatures of Greek legend - and it seems like Valhalla will continue in this fold. "We're obviously using the mythology," Laferrière says. "We have found a cool way of integrating that with our lore which for today goes into major spoiler territory. But what I'll say is their gods were part of their daily life. They were believed to be roaming the earth, involved in fights - that was part of the Viking spirituality. And that's how we treat it in the game, which is true to beliefs and practices at the time."

or do a Black Flag with viking sailing from place to place

Your gear will also be customisable, Laferrière says, as will your Viking longboat. (Oh, and you get a Viking longboat.)

Instead, your longships act as your fastest means of travel through the English countryside, along waterways which were the main roads of the era. Boats are also your fastest method of escape after launching an assault on a waterside fort. "Any military location you encounter on the rivers of England is fully raidable," Laferrière explains.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
ruined

not buying it
honestly the focus on the level stuff wasn't that bad, origins and odyssey were much better than unity and syndicate because of how they changed up the AC formula

that being said tho, I never actually finished odyssey or origins because there was so much filler, both in the open world and with missions

(also they better add back actual assassinations which don't just take away a third of the health bar if they're adding back the hidden blade)

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
last Assassins Creed game I played was 3, and I enjoyed it quite a bit

You're also gonna have your own settlement to build and grow; And it's gonna be central to the story and your actions in game.
One of my fav parts of AC3 was upgrading the house and the town so i look forward to this

whats the level bullshit?

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
whats the level bullshit?

in the newest games your char and enemies now have levels like a bogstandard RPG

if an enemy is a higher level than you then assassinating them doesnt kill the fucker, it just dents a bit of their health, like captains in shadow of mordor

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
in the newest games your char and enemies now have levels like a bogstandard RPG

if an enemy is a higher level than you then assassinating them doesnt kill the fucker, it just dents a bit of their health, like captains in shadow of mordor
ah that sucks, one of the best parts of AC was feeling unstoppable and doing those sneak kills all the time

still it looks like a really cool game, I got AC unity for free a while back maybe i should download it and finally play it now, trailer got me in the mood

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
honestly the focus on the level stuff wasn't that bad, origins and odyssey were much better than unity and syndicate because of how they changed up the AC formula

Prefixing this with my opinion: I hated Origins AND Odyssey, for some reason origins ran like shit on my PC even if it should, and the times I could play Just didn't enjoy the leveling (literally stuck at 9 hours of origins and can't get a refund for it), especially when the whole point of stealth is you can take out super strong enemies in one shot. But at least origins felt still like an AC but less.

Odyssey just didn't feel like an AC at all, just a bland RPG with some AC elements thrown in it. I'd be fine if they wanted to create a new IP in the same AC universe, that would be cool you know, but this way the things that made AC fun are being removed and replaced with filler, the only way I could probably enjoy this is if I cheated levels, and that's not a good sign. (not to mention THE SUPER BS leveling microtransactions you could wich I'm like ????)

Valhalla seems to be just another similar one to this, shitty leveling, less stealth (I mean Vikings weren't known for their stealth) More un-needed RPG elements that plague most open world AAA games. And I want to be proven wrong but will see.

liew

Don't Shoot I'm Too Short
Nebulae

just go back to the way brotherhood and AC 2 was, honestly

ac origins and ac odyssey were actually quite interesting on the religion and culture side of things and they obviously did their research

ubisoft are pretty good when it comes to the actual world side of things, so i reckon their recreation of england and all the rest will be top notch

Daniels

Proton
Nebulae
Prefixing this with my opinion: I hated Origins AND Odyssey, for some reason origins ran like shit on my PC even if it should, and the times I could play Just didn't enjoy the leveling (literally stuck at 9 hours of origins and can't get a refund for it), especially when the whole point of stealth is you can take out super strong enemies in one shot. But at least origins felt still like an AC but less.

Odyssey just didn't feel like an AC at all, just a bland RPG with some AC elements thrown in it. I'd be fine if they wanted to create a new IP in the same AC universe, that would be cool you know, but this way the things that made AC fun are being removed and replaced with filler, the only way I could probably enjoy this is if I cheated levels, and that's not a good sign. (not to mention THE SUPER BS leveling microtransactions you could wich I'm like ????)

Valhalla seems to be just another similar one to this, shitty leveling, less stealth (I mean Vikings weren't known for their stealth) More un-needed RPG elements that plague most open world AAA games. And I want to be proven wrong but will see.

Exactly how I felt, I really disliked the whole leveling system and the fact you stealth enemies but it doesn't one shot them

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
ac origins and ac odyssey were actually quite interesting on the religion and culture side of things and they obviously did their research

ubisoft are pretty good when it comes to the actual world side of things, so i reckon their recreation of england and all the rest will be top notch
won't matter if the combat and gear systems are pish because of arbitrary leveling shit