Serious Battlefield V

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I haven't touched the Beta but a complaint I'm seeing is that the maps feel legitimately tiny compared to the prior games.

Anyone got any views on that?

Reactions: List

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
the shitty menus is what pushed me over the edge, feels like were made by some hispter who didn't play the game for more than 5 mins

like honestly just bring back this menu it was the best

maxresdefault.jpg
it's never done the menus like this right, i found it shit in bf4 with all the crap on the screen, and i find it too slow on bf5

metropaun

hass ist keine emotion sondern ein zustand
Nebulae
dice was always shit at making UI's

theres always a billion submenus just to get something done on your weapon or specialization

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
BF4s menu was the best imo as everything was just 1 or 2 clicks away, it was also stable unlike bf1 and bf5 menus.
I think I could still switch out a primary gun for another in under 2 seconds on console just because of how responsive it was

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
BF4s menu was the best imo as everything was just 1 or 2 clicks away, it was also stable unlike bf1 and bf5 menus.
I think I could still switch out a primary gun for another in under 2 seconds on console just because of how responsive it was
whilst i don't disagree, the matter of changing out attachments was still a chore, it's never been refined the best that it can be yet

metropaun

Nebulae
btw you can get bad company 2 on steam for like 1,50 quid rn lol go get that instead of this

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
the shitty menus is what pushed me over the edge, feels like were made by some hispter who didn't play the game for more than 5 mins

like honestly just bring back this menu it was the best

maxresdefault.jpg
honestly what the fuck were they thinking with that menu design

its so awful and unlikable, it breaks up combat so much too

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
honestly what the fuck were they thinking with that menu design

its so awful and unlikable, it breaks up combat so much too
With BF4 you could flick to whatever you wanted when you learned where it was and it took no effort.

Having seen BF5 it looks like you need to go through six screens to select anything lmao

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
if the menus are slow or badly designed the game will probably not be good either

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
if the menus are slow or badly designed the game will probably not be good either
The game is already trash-looking tbh.

Its a serious take on WW2 where you have women with robot arms and bats killing nazis (a word you can't even type in the fucking filter) on maps that seems tiny compared to prior games, the weapons are shit and their preorders tanked so hard they had to delay it by a month to hinge their entire game on a new unfinished gamemode.

Hell I don't even think the controversy is what crippled it; the marketing has just been so goddamn poor. I usually get pretty excited for Battlefield games (or I pick them up) and even Hardline got me interested. This didn't.

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
yeah the advertising for this game was wank
bf1 did so well because of it trailers and leaks that came before it
I still remember seeing the first few leaks of the guy looking at the zeppelin and people guessing what it was and then the reveal trailer dropped and all hell just broke loose

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
I still got bf4 on my origin account from some cd key i got years back, is it still active on pc?

metropaun

Nebulae
I still got bf4 on my origin account from some cd key i got years back, is it still active on pc?

battlefield 4 is still being played actively yes

i play it from time to time and always find enough full servers

some dlc maps are kinda dead tho but thats ok

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
the maps feel legitimately tiny compared to the prior games.
if this is for real then DICE fucked up

the only edge that battlefield ever had over CoD was the large maps and the vehicles. CoD's gunplay is way more adapted to the twitchy rapid small map combat, and you literally cannot prove me wrong on that

battlefield is horrendous on small maps. huge fucking areas like arica harbor, panama canal and nelson bay on bad company 2 is where the game really shines.

also that chinese desert map in the battlefield 4 DLC was fucking splendid. silk road i think?

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
if this is for real then DICE fucked up

the only edge that battlefield ever had over CoD was the large maps and the vehicles. CoD's gunplay is way more adapted to the twitchy rapid small map combat, and you literally cannot prove me wrong on that

battlefield is horrendous on small maps. huge fucking areas like arica harbor, panama canal and nelson bay on bad company 2 is where the game really shines.
yeah the maps are fucking tiny in comparison now, its awful

There's something about those jungle/forest maps in bad company 2 is perfect, idk what it is but its magical

shame none of the other games managed to replicate them