Best Fallout game

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
(Also, guns actually felt useful and uncommon instead of a common thing that you use every day).

Man this so much

finding that one pipe rifle or 10mm in Reno or the Den felt like Christmas, your birthday and fourth of july in one.

(especially when you're retarded like me and put points into guns right off the bat)

getting handed a mingun and power armour off the bat kills it so much

Reactions: List

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
new vegas is the shit
literally threw a new aspect in as you progressed so the enemies you were taking on was always fresh and interesting, good story, good weapons. few and far between you get a game like new vegas coming out again.

Boyy

Neutrino
Nebulae
Fallout 4 was TRASH and I wont let anyone tell me otherwise. It is so, so awful. I don't really want to go on a rant... but, I was so completely disappointed.

My list;

Fallout New Vegas
Fallout 2
Fallout 1
Fallout 3
Fallout Tactics
Fallout 4

Fallout four had an awful story in my opinion, felt incredibly bland, the essential NPC's are ridiculous, and above all, the voiced dialogue. As well as the fact that the amount of base guns is extremely small (only to be "fixed" by weapon modding, which is a complete cop-out...)... aghhh.

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
I enjoyed fallout 4 as a game, but in comparison to it's predecessors it was a colossal disappointment to me.

Fallout 3 - New Vegas live in my heart xx

Fallout Shelter came out on Pc today btw.

REDACTED

Proton
Nebulae
maxresdefault.jpg

give sergeant dornan some love

playing fallout 2 in school is pretty fun

Nebulae
Fallout 3, 4 and new vegas.

Fallout 3 because of it's story.

New Vegas because of the fact that it can run on windows 10, and it's very moddable. :D I used Tales of Two Wastelands to play fallout 3, i dont need no fixes to play the game itself.

Fallout 4 because of it's gameplay. The story could be tons better, but the gameplay is how it kept me going. Sometimes, i just like to build random stuff with the settlement feature.
[doublepost=1468736192][/doublepost]
We all know that this is the best Fallout game.

52679_front.jpg

It's the abomination of Fallout games.

My list is as follows:
  • Fallout 2
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • Fallout
  • Fallout Tactics
  • Fallout 3
  • Fallout 4
  • Game that shall not be named (I debated about if this game should top 4... but that would be too cruel.)
Writing in 3 was shit but you can't deny that sense of danger when you wander the Capital Wasteland. I know 4 is supposed to symbolise the return of America through settlements and communities and such, but I never felt in danger in the world (Wasn't scared by the deathclaws, they even gave you fucking power armour at the beginning of the damn game without training. Of course, you could asspull this and say that since your male character was in the military, sure. But it would not make sense for a female character who was a law student.) and the writing was generally bad. I think Tactics earned it's place for obvious reasons.

Fallout is Fallout, the one that started it all. Interplay did a good job with slinking you into the story and landing your feet on the radiated dirt. New Vegas, in my opinion, is the blend between the old generation and the new generation. I always felt happy in New Vegas, and I was interested in the many subplots it had to offer you. World design could be worked on more however, as well as the sense of danger but it's as close as Fallout 2 as we can get with the new generation.

Fallout 2 takes the cake for me. In that game, I felt like I was in constant danger and in an actual wasteland. Fallout 2 doesn't hold your hand, since once you leave the village you are free to do whatever your heart desires. Every random encounter had me worried since the enemies and NPC's aren't going to just sit there and take it from you (Also, guns actually felt useful and uncommon instead of a common thing that you use every day). The writing and the characters were fleshed out and detailed, making me feel like it's worth it to read every piece of text there is to offer. Black Isle Studio (Or should I now say, Obsidian Entertainment?) did a great job with Fallout 2.

I'm not going to talk about the game that should not be named.

That the game you wont talk about? C:

Alto Clef

String
Nebulae
Fallout New Vegas is where it's at, the DLC was actually worth buying and there was some nice immersion when playing it however there were problems for the begginers when they didn't know where they were going and accidently went to Sloan with the huge ass amount of deathclaws there when the player was only level 5 at best. I made that mistake myself and ran into the matriarch.

overki11

Electron
Nebulae
Fallout New Vegas is where it's at, the DLC was actually worth buying and there was some nice immersion when playing it however there were problems for the begginers when they didn't know where they were going and accidently went to Sloan with the huge ass amount of deathclaws there when the player was only level 5 at best. I made that mistake myself and ran into the matriarch.
what are you talking about? dude, thats fucking mean. guys who are playing nv, there's a huge stash of starter stuff at sloan, this guy's just being a dick and trying to keep you from it.

Nebulae
New Vegas
Fallout 3
Fallout 2
Fallout 1
Fallout 4
In its defense, I'm only going by my experience w/ mods (besides Fallout 1 + 2). Fallout 4 really sucked a bunch because this was the time of which there weren't alot of mods, and the mods that DID exist were often clunky with each other (I just wanted to clean up Sanctuary and repair the bridge at the same time god fucking damn is that too much to ask?) Whilst there was a PLETHORA of mods for both FO3 and NV that helped spruce up the gameplay and add little things here and there. I practically ignore the main story for Fo3 and NV, because both are equally terrible; where they really shined was in the DLC, which NV still kicks Fo3s ass considering the only real DLCs for Fo3 were kinda bad IMO.
I rank Fallout 1 and 2 where they are because even without modability I actually enjoyed fucking around in them, and the stories weren't too terrible mainly because, well, this was the beginning of the series.

Very shitty opinion but hey, thats me for you.