Best Half-Life: 2 mods played

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
Underhell is seriously the best HL2 mod I have played. The story was semi-cliche but interested me towards the end, and the sub-horror-story in the house is really cool.
Gameplay is fun, gunplay feels more real than normal HL2's and I /loved/ the non-linear exploration aspects of the mod. At some points it feels like a properly fleshed out horror game and at other points were some good action sections.

Sad that the mod hasn't been updated with the second episode for like 3 years. I mean, just the first episode was multiple amazing hours long.

Oxys

Neutrino
Nebulae
Thought of making a thread for the best HL2 mods played, WHY NOT? The best one's so far i've played:

Garry's mod - A true mod that is meant to be tried by everyone, you'll like it. Though I think you've already did that. 10/10 from my deepest corners of my heart.

Lambda Wars - (It was named before as Half-Life: 2 Wars.) A game that is a HL2 RTS, pretty darn good. I give it a 8.9/10 from my experience.

Human Error - A cool short mod. You take role as a Civil Protection Unit called Anders. You fight your way throught vortigaunts, alien grunts and alien controllers, with the help of The Combine. A great mod but it isn't sadly continued on anymore. I give it a 9.2/10 from episode 1.

Black Mesa - Awesome mod that recreates the classic HL1 game into a HD more looking one. A must try. (though the mod was free, now it's a standalone in steam for the purchase of 19.99€) From me and an obsession of Half-Life, I give it a nice 9.8/10. It would've been a 10/10 if Xen was there.

What HL2 mod did you play and thought it was awesome?
Crack life for Half-Life.

Last edited: