Best HL2RP artworks of all time?

Hudson

Electron
Nebulae
Assuming this would be the place to make an informal poll on the best HL2RP artworks over the years, I'm interested to write an article to preserve what players felt were the best ones. There's no limitation on how many you can mention, even if they've been mentioned before, and ofcourse it helps if you have the image itself.

A couple that I liked - Wasteland III for being cool and detailed, and Who You choose for being fun:
SquVxJl.jpeg
4XR85Fs.jpeg

An album of bjfgpkqkdmtnspwndsjt's work (thanks to constantdisplay):

@Danny was Wasteland III one of yours? What program did you use to make it?

Last edited:
Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
itt: absolutely none of my artwork

Danny either used gmod or SFM and then prestigious amounts of photoshop post production after the fact

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
'Who you choose' is such a mess of an image but the fact it's all built through character poses and in-game effect tools makes me love it for representing the jury rigged lifestyle of all HL2RP servers.

gotta give some love to the Fallout 4 inspired loading screen images we've had though. they're not particularly useful now days, but they were great for when half the factions on those screens still existed.

venutianPunk

Leftist Cuck
Nebulae
'Who you choose' is such a mess of an image but the fact it's all built through character poses and in-game effect tools makes me love it for representing the jury rigged lifestyle of all HL2RP servers.

gotta give some love to the Fallout 4 inspired loading screen images we've had though. they're not particularly useful now days, but they were great for when half the factions on those screens still existed.
Maybe we should make some new ones.

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
all of my art because i need an ego boost

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
I'd have shared bjfgpkqkdmtnspwndsjt's work but unfortunately I can't find it.
i meant to post about this on the screenshot thread but i actually messaged him about it and got an archive download for most of his gmod stuff (aside from the stuff he said he didnt rly like anymore) seen as all the image links on here were dead and not all of it was uploaded on his steam

drive link
imgur gallery

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
i meant to post about this on the screenshot thread but i actually messaged him about it and got an archive download for most of his gmod stuff (aside from the stuff he said he didnt rly like anymore) seen as all the image links on here were dead and not all of it was uploaded on his steam

drive link
imgur gallery
i remember how when he used to make this stuff, everyone was astounded at how it flipped how we all looked at hl2rp on its head

just shit you'd never see otherwise at the time

Hudson

Electron
Nebulae

drive link
imgur gallery
Excellent, thanks.

This is one my favourites of his:
OoNsadW.jpeg

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
Assuming this would be the place to make an informal poll on the best HL2RP artworks over the years, I'm interested to write an article to preserve what players felt were the best ones. There's no limitation on how many you can mention, even if they've been mentioned before, and ofcourse it helps if you have the image itself.

A couple that I liked - Wasteland III for being cool and detailed, and Who You choose for being fun:
SquVxJl.jpeg
4XR85Fs.jpeg

An album of bjfgpkqkdmtnspwndsjt's work (thanks to constantdisplay):

@Danny was Wasteland III one of yours? What program did you use to make it?

Thanks for the shoutout! Must have made that image some years ago now, @MaXenzie is right in saying it was SFM and some photoshop - I never liked what I did with the text though, ended up making a revised version which matches the other Dallas events

0FAA81C0B23EAFFE6B4A23587C499603D112E1FE

In hindsight I wish I used/learned to use GMod for posing, just so much more material to work with - SFM just felt easier to use for me

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
I compiled a file of nearly 3,000 items. They range from character pictures, to posters, to SFM scenes, to blender shit, to template images, to concept art, to icons and symbols. I compiled these from on-server files (gmod saves every panel from every server you've connected to), going through the entire nebulous (current accessible) HL2RP forums & creative section, going through different discords, and a whole host of other places. Alot (but not all) is from 2021 forward.

The bulk of these files largely come from Willard, Nebulous, and Alplands with a few other other places sprinkled in. I tried to name/credit certain pieces but gave up like 5% of the way through the entire process. Some of the creators include, but aren't limited to: All Admins Are Bastards, Cookie, Erkor, Hoovie, Danny, Kamil, Sasha, Rogue Synapse, Deepixel, Hunk, Lewis, Mulky, Flanders, and many, many others.

Most of the files are organized pretty well with some things being out of place/messy. There were some duplicates and some shitposts but I think I got a good chunk of them but I'm sure some still exist. Also, the file is nearly 3 gigs so download with caution.

I'm looking for a few other things that I'll likely post in smaller files later when I get them. If you see that I'm missing some shit or you are really good at saving files, message me.

e: Will probably be updating this in a few days. Going to add a readme with credits, some stuff I missed, and hopefully just clean everything up a bit.

Last edited:

Hudson

Electron
Nebulae
I compiled a file of nearly 3,000 items. They range from character pictures, to posters, to SFM scenes, to blender shit, to template images, to concept art, to icons and symbols. I compiled these from on-server files (gmod saves every panel from every server you've connected to), going through the entire nebulous (current accessible) HL2RP forums & creative section, going through different discords, and a whole host of other places. Alot (but not all) is from 2021 forward.

The bulk of these files largely come from Willard, Nebulous, and Alplands with a few other other places sprinkled in. I tried to name/credit certain pieces but gave up like 5% of the way through the entire process. Some of the creators include, but aren't limited to: All Admins Are Bastards, Cookie, Erkor, Hoovie, Danny, Kamil, Sasha, Rogue Synapse, Deepixel, Hunk, Lewis, Mulky, Flanders, and many, many others.

Most of the files are organized pretty well with some things being out of place/messy. There were some duplicates and some shitposts but I think I got a good chunk of them but I'm sure some still exist. Also, the file is nearly 3 gigs so download with caution.

I'm looking for a few other things that I'll likely post in smaller files later when I get them. If you see that I'm missing some shit or you are really good at saving files, message me.

e: Will probably be updating this in a few days. Going to add a readme with credits, some stuff I missed, and hopefully just clean everything up a bit.

This is a good example of the creative passion found in HL2RP, and helps demonstrate the diversity of early roleplay (comparing the serious tone of this collection to something like DarkRP). It could easily be the subject of a video, even if it was just showing the content folders and only focusing on a few individual pieces.

Duplicates might deserve to exist in different folders if they fit into multiple categories, but if you wanted to remove them, then what I'd do is copy the images into one folder and sort by size. If any are exactly the same size as eachother then check if they're copies. Note the copies, and then hunt for them among the original files.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae

should stick this on archive.org if possible

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
Still continuing to edit the folder, organize things a bit better, name everything, and also make a readme file with credits and more. Also picked up a few more images here and there from people sending stuff in.

Again, I'm still looking for anything pre-2021, especially things from the Helix 1 section.
I'm also looking for a few pieces/collections. These include:
- Anything from Joseon including the Kim Yo Jong City-X poster.
- Deepixel's Post-Occupation collection.

If you have any of this or just any large collection of works in general, please message me.

Also:
@deathwolf
@Erkor
@john
@welcome to the Retirement
@Cindy

All of you have made incredible works and while I've went through and picked out what I can, I fear that I'm missing alot of your guys stuff. If you are willing / have the means to, I'd love it if you guys would send over a portfolio and/or HL2RP-related work that you have to add it to the archive. No pressure if you don't want to.

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
Still continuing to edit the folder, organize things a bit better, name everything, and also make a readme file with credits and more. Also picked up a few more images here and there from people sending stuff in.

Again, I'm still looking for anything pre-2021, especially things from the Helix 1 section.

If you have any of this or just any large collection of works in general, please message me.

Also:
@deathwolf
@Erkor
@john
@Cindy

All of you have made incredible works and while I've went through and picked out what I can, I fear that I'm missing alot of your guys stuff. If you are willing / have the means to, I'd love it if you guys would send over a portfolio and/or HL2RP-related work that you have to add it to the archive. No pressure if you don't want to.
virtually all of my artwork from sfm is stored on my deviantart
you can pick the good stuff, pick the bad stuff, pick all of it i don't particularly care as long as there's some form of credit honestly

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

Also:
@deathwolf
@Erkor
@john
@Cindy

oh wow thank u I wouldn't group myself with the other fellas listed but Ill find all my stuff and dump it when im home

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
virtually all of my artwork from sfm is stored on my deviantart
you can pick the good stuff, pick the bad stuff, pick all of it i don't particularly care as long as there's some form of credit honestly
oh wow thank u I wouldn't group myself with the other fellas listed but Ill find all my stuff and dump it when im home
Thanks to both of you. You'll both be in the credit document when I send out the next file.

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae

Also:
@deathwolf
@Erkor
@john
@Cindy

idk almost all my stuff was lost to time due to imgur sucking massive balls (i dont have my old harddrive or pc)
the other half is in the forum archive or somewhere deep in my backlog that i cant currently access

this is the only one i made that im really happy with anyway
EmeA9NW.png