Serious /book-club/

fofa

Atom
Nebulae
currently reading Beevor's Stalingrad, which is about the battle fought in and around Stalingrad as well as about the events leading up to it

and Tokarczuk's Flights in Polish, terrific book, it's essentially a 'collection' of vignettes, both long and short

Reactions: List

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
Educated by Tara Westover. Memoir about a crazy cult like family. The description of Idaho reminds me alot of rural America and where I come from.

Recommend the read. Couldn’t put it down. Reminds me of Tiger King with how it goes “This cannot get crazier” and then does.

D

Deleted member 243

3826132._SY475_.jpg

De Dominee (The Preacher)
A non-fiction book written by Bart Middelburg detailing the rise and fall of one of the most notorious crime syndicates in the Netherlands which was lead by Klaas Bruinsma at the time. A soda magnate turned kingpin.

It offers a nice window into other parts of the world during the 60s/70s, when the American drug business tainted the shores of Europe.

I haven't found a translation for the book. It is however a fantastic book for non-fiction and crime lovers. Easy to read and every page pushes you further into the book since the tale is so gripping.

9/10

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
all-quiet-on-the-western-front-novel-by-erich-maria-remarque-paperback-book-2AKC8HX.jpg

"his face wore an expression that was so composed that it looked like as if he were almost happy that it had turned out that way"
OpdOyq8.jpg

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
dunno if this is really applicable but it's a book so

54529554._SX318_.jpg

if anyone ever feels like they need a reality-check and want to learn what it really means to take control of your own mind, this is the book for you

its really simple, too; it isn't hundreds of words on each page, its no more than 50-60 a page if not less. it also has a lot of good information about dieting, workouts etc

it doesn't sugarcoat anything, it doesn't preach about various 'methods' of fixing yourself; it just tells you it straight, and it's good to have on hand if you feel like you're slipping back into laziness or something else negative

im all for feeling my own internal power, so i have to say it worked well for me and i keep it on my desk at all times in case i feel the need to read some pages and ground myself