BOREALIS | - Announcement & Info, 01/11/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
generally not a fan of scripts that force people to lose health, what if they are out there doing rp brothers

Reactions: List

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
John spencer, slayer of slags, will defeat all the thots in the winter

D

Deleted member 1392

generally not a fan of scripts that force people to lose health, what if they are out there doing rp brothers
Yeah but like at least some warning after warning, and if they dont follow the warnings, they suffer the consequences. I get you, they may be fishing, having some snowball fight (?) or catching wood- Whatever passive they're doing, you dont wanna ruin it, but they should also take into account where they are.

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
Yeah but I just saw a femchar fall into the river, get pulled out and still be pretty healthy

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae

Yeah, or at least if an admin does /it's to them they react.

It's easier to convey to a new player 'This? Being in the tundra for this long? Is bad for you.' with a bar.

Cause it's a lot of new players who struggled with it, by the looks of it.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
some of us more or less will drop HP to people wandering along on occassion, but it requires us to be watching regularly.
That and killing people who go for a swim.

D

Deleted member 1392

Just saw the slug give a sucking onto a man's brain, good effects. Sprinted the fuck away from there, also got someone killed and PKed today so that's cool too.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Well, this was unexpected. Not the advisor-waking-up thing, but my character's death.
I felt a little disappointed in how Williams ended up, and how the Advisor was portrayed.
Up until this point, I'd always perceived them as these otherworldly beings with alien wisdom and power, especially having psychic abilities like telepathy to communicate wordlessly.
But here, the theme of it being in great pain pretty much overrode every other thing besides being an alien who had telekinesis. I was prepared for it to be rough, but not just outright killing people in the spite of the ability to literally read minds. Bonus O O F for the fact another worker was just tossed aside by the Advisor after holding her via telekinesis, not harming her.
Now that I have the personal gripes out of the way, I'll go ahead and say I'm happy with the aftermath. I didn't realize his death would garner this much attention. I figured I'd just post the death in killfeed thread, maybe see if they'll do anything with the body and move along (I had no other characters invested into the event, so I wasn't sure what to do at this point). But, seeing the amount of response pouring in warmed my heart. I haven't had such feelings in me ever since my rebel died back in LemonPunch - and at least this time I'm not crying :P

I'll be honest, Williams as a character wasn't really used for anything pre-Borealis. At best, he made preparations (food, drinks, bandages) before the expedition and got acquainted with the rest of the conscripts. I suppose me feeling bitter over his death shows just how much happened over the last few days, and how I'd grown attached to him.
Dunno what I'll do the remainder of the remaining event, but I reckon I can figure something out.

And if Williams needs to make a cameo as a zombie/transhuman/nightmare hallucination/spirit/alt-universe version/something else, hmu and I'll be there to spook people.

D

Deleted member 4425

Well, this was unexpected. Not the advisor-waking-up thing, but my character's death.
I felt a little disappointed in how Williams ended up, and how the Advisor was portrayed.
Up until this point, I'd always perceived them as these otherworldly beings with alien wisdom and power, especially having psychic abilities like telepathy to communicate wordlessly.
But here, the theme of it being in great pain pretty much overrode every other thing besides being an alien who had telekinesis. I was prepared for it to be rough, but not just outright killing people in the spite of the ability to literally read minds. Bonus O O F for the fact another worker was just tossed aside by the Advisor after holding her via telekinesis, not harming her.
Now that I have the personal gripes out of the way, I'll go ahead and say I'm happy with the aftermath. I didn't realize his death would garner this much attention. I figured I'd just post the death in killfeed thread, maybe see if they'll do anything with the body and move along (I had no other characters invested into the event, so I wasn't sure what to do at this point). But, seeing the amount of response pouring in warmed my heart. I haven't had such feelings in me ever since my rebel died back in LemonPunch - and at least this time I'm not crying :stuck_out_tongue:

I'll be honest, Williams as a character wasn't really used for anything pre-Borealis. At best, he made preparations (food, drinks, bandages) before the expedition and got acquainted with the rest of the conscripts. I suppose me feeling bitter over his death shows just how much happened over the last few days, and how I'd grown attached to him.
Dunno what I'll do the remainder of the remaining event, but I reckon I can figure something out.

And if Williams needs to make a cameo as a zombie/transhuman/nightmare hallucination/spirit/alt-universe version/something else, hmu and I'll be there to spook people.
Williams was probably my favorite person to interact with on sokolov tbh

Rest In Peace

shit

Atom
Nebulae
Now that I have the personal gripes out of the way, I'll go ahead and say I'm happy with the aftermath. I didn't realize his death would garner this much attention. I figured I'd just post the death in killfeed thread, maybe see if they'll do anything with the body and move along (I had no other characters invested into the event, so I wasn't sure what to do at this point). But, seeing the amount of response pouring in warmed my heart. I haven't had such feelings in me ever since my rebel died back in LemonPunch - and at least this time I'm not crying :stuck_out_tongue:

After you died, I decided it wasn't much more worth living on without the crew even if we just met one another. So, Hoffman died trying to get revenge on the ones that kept the Advisor secret.

I enjoyed the event alongside with everyone else involved, it was one of the best 100's character development wise.

FMDev

Funny SCP Lady
Nebulae
BREAK OUT THE SHIVS WE'VE GOT A SLUG TO CARVE
no-humanity-ok-48341866.png

Status
Not open for further replies.