Chernobyl 2019

welcome to the Retirement

Narrative/Lore Manager
Nebulae
i literally have no other place to talk about this so i came back just to chernobylpost a little

some of the radiation that went to the east also moved to the south a wee bit, which fucked the already polluted donetsk region. nowhere near as bad as belarus, but still. it didn't leave that huge of an impact in the long run but a lot of my relatives didn't live to see me b/c of a short-term mass spike of cancer after the incident.

it's also crazy to think that in total nearly a million of ukrainians (in total) participated in the liquidation efforts in the following years.
it's a big tragedy, esp. for my people, and very few westerners were aware the sheer scale of it (until now, i guess). i'm really glad hbo treated the topic with the respect and horror it deserves.

1557952667394.png

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
it's a big tragedy, esp. for my people, and very few westerners were aware the sheer scale of it (until now, i guess). i'm really glad hbo treated the topic with the respect and horror it deserves.
I certainly didn't know it was almost absolute devastation until I watched this series. I obviously knew the initial damage was horrific but I had no clue they were literally two days or so away from millions dying at one point.

welcome to the Retirement

Narrative/Lore Manager
Nebulae
Got things fixed so just saw your message btw, I'm phoneposting so I shall talk properly tommorow but!

I certainly didn't know it was almost absolute devastation until I watched this series. I obviously knew the initial damage was horrific but I had no clue they were literally two days or so away from millions dying at one point.
slavoj zizek awlays uses history as an excuse for his pessimistic outlook towards the future of humanity, but chernobyl one of the many examples of us pulling it together in the most fucked circumstances imaginable. liquidator gang.

D

Deleted member 5162

I really felt bad for Scherbina when he was told that they'll be dead in 5 years, he had a pretty good mood when he entered the room, then got trainwrecked by Legasov with shock and fear

lucid

aussie battler
Nebulae
I really felt bad for Scherbina when he was told that they'll be dead in 5 years, he had a pretty good mood when he entered the room, then got trainwrecked by Legasov with shock and fear

and throughout the rest of the episode he was super depressed too

lucid

aussie battler
Nebulae
no streaming sites have episode 3 up yet AHHHHHHHHH

e: nevermind I reached out to my circle of deep state secret agents and found a link

Last edited:

lucid

aussie battler
Nebulae
Let's be honest, we would rather pay for the amazing series, right? I would've.

i legit can't access it from my country legally so they've left me no choice

jesus christ, the hospital scenes man. they look like ghouls from fallout, it's depressing