Clockwork Constructors - Create your own items, factions, plugins and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
the shill pill... swallow it in ur heart be true, CW might be bad but Helix won't do.
the real shill pill is wanting to stay with something that is the same as it's always been and won't get any better

oh wait thats the democrat pill

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
the real shill pill is wanting to stay with something that is the same as it's always been and won't get any better

oh wait thats the democrat pill

I'd be okay if Helix somehow made those suggestions who got denied merely due to "sorry whenever I fuck with clockwork I kill the server" get brought back

im curious on what it actually brings?

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I'd be okay if Helix somehow made those suggestions who got denied merely due to "sorry whenever I fuck with clockwork I kill the server" get brought back

im curious on what it actually brings?
a more stable framework which is also way better optimized, with the opportunity of developing stuff that clockwork hindered in the past considering the massive framework overhauls required

it is also much simpler to work with and will give developers a reason to actually live when doing stuff iirc

im not a dev so dont take my word for it but thats the immediate pros

and yeah some old suggs could get revised as a result of it

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
the shill pill... swallow it in ur heart be true, CW might be bad but Helix won't do.

Weird because you haven't even tried it or even seen it but you've already got an opinion.
[doublepost=1523466096][/doublepost]
and yeah some old suggs could get revised as a result of it

Literally looking through them last night and moved a few that were done.

Reactions: List

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
i can understand if you like cw over nutscript but from a non-personal viewpoint nutscript is just a better fucking schema and runs better so like clockwork is shit and i dont understand why you want to defend it

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
i can understand if you like cw over nutscript but from a non-personal viewpoint nutscript is just a better fucking schema and runs better so like clockwork is shit and i dont understand why you want to defend it

People don't like change because it's change which is proven by the fact only staff have access to our experimental server but non-staff have negative opinion; SCG are using an old as shit version, probably not even from this year and the last update to Helix was 21 hours ago.

Nebulae
i think it's because nutscript has always almost been used for semi-serious lesser servers, ones with high command, IC apps, etc
imo im just worried we'd lose some of the community and stuff due to switching to helix
but hey it's still in dev, a LOT can change

edit: ah, thank you for the update alex. i had no idea the one SCG is using is that old.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i think it's because nutscript has always almost been used for semi-serious lesser servers, ones with high command, IC apps, etc
imo im just worried we'd lose some of the community and stuff due to switching to helix
but hey it's still in dev, a LOT can change
atm it's literally just default NS with a few changes, so im sure it'll be improved from here
its like that on other versions

ours is vastly different/improved in pretty much all aspects

Nebulae
its like that on other versions

ours is vastly different in pretty much all aspects
just edited my post, didn't realize how old it was.
im not too sure why im actually complaining about it, i haven't even seen the version we plan to use yet.
sorry.

Nebulae
2018-04-11_18-20-59.png

posting this here in case people want to know what the difference between ns 1.1 and helix is going to be

2018-04-11_18-25-02.png

also further proof that helix is active in development

Nebulae
2018-04-11_19-32-21.png

also another thing, regarding inventory

if anyone isn't aware how NS' inventory works. it basically works like minecraft.

e: ree double post

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
so.. it'll literally be NS with a UI edit and some modifications?

oh

Put your glasses on for fuck sake.
[doublepost=1523474736][/doublepost]
i mean
no, i guess?
i just thought it would be more "modified"

Now you're making assumptions. Makes me wonder why me and @`impulse are bothering.
[doublepost=1523474840][/doublepost]Also feel free to submit your dev app or pull requests anytime @cloudperson

Nebulae
Put your glasses on for fuck sake.
[doublepost=1523474736][/doublepost]

Now you're making assumptions. Makes me wonder why me and @`impulse are bothering.
i'm sorry for making assumptions, i shouldn't
i don't actually know shit about dev shit, i'm not even really sure why im posting about it
being a retard, and i apologize.
i'm sure a LOT of work is going into helix.
requesting that you delete my post as i don't know anything about dev stuff, and generally shouldn't be posting on here.
again, apologies.

Zombine

DevelopersDevelopersDevelop
Nebulae
promised a framework with better performance, better UI, easier to work with code base, active development, fewer bugs, and its open source, yet somehow people have found something to complain about?
Like Alex said, none of you, save for staff, have even tried the new changes, and it's not even fully out to my knowledge.

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
I'd like to apologize to RJ for his thread being shat on - let's not make this about Helix

If there's any criticism I can offer in regards to the aesthetics, it would be that I think you need a bit more colour. Perhaps just an accent colour for titles and such, but even that little bit makes it more clear to navigate.

A couple technical things - offcanvas.js is just an html page so I'm not sure what's going on there. You're also using jquery before you include it in the script tags (check out the console for errors!)

wack

A kidney-sized tumor.
Nebulae

@alex am I to assume this will be a super duper fun and exciting schema?

xRJx

Neutrino
Nebulae
I'd like to apologize to RJ for his thread being shat on - let's not make this about Helix

If there's any criticism I can offer in regards to the aesthetics, it would be that I think you need a bit more colour. Perhaps just an accent colour for titles and such, but even that little bit makes it more clear to navigate.

A couple technical things - offcanvas.js is just an html page so I'm not sure what's going on there. You're also using jquery before you include it in the script tags (check out the console for errors!)
No worries, I'm used to off-topic conversations as that happens a lot on C16's forums lol. That aside, can you explain a bit more about accent colours and what you mean by that? I'm not much of a CSS wizard so I probably won't be doing too much more in terms of improving looks, but I'm not afraid to change things up a bit here and there.

Also thanks for pointing out those other 2 issues, I'll look in to them and try to get that fixed.

edit: It looks like I forgot to remove that jQuery code from the header element (that code only needed to be included near the end of the HTML file to enable tooltips and not the beginning) and that offcanvas.js file being included was a fragment from when I was implementing the Off Canvas Push Menu so that's been removed now. I've applied the changes to the website so those errors shouldn't be showing up anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.