Fixed Combine Soldier Reskin Fuckup

Status
Not open for further replies.

wired

Artwork Requests
Nebulae
Hey guys, somehow my combine soldier and prison guard default skins were replaced with beta skins. I think my brother was fucking around with addons. Thing is, I can't find the addon (wasn't in the workshop, I think its a legacy addon) in my steamapps/addons folder. This may sound like a trivial problem but it totally fucks me over whenever I want to do poses including combine soldiers. I also checked to see if the combine soldier skins were changed in half life 2, but all the skins are ok there so I'm pretty sure its just gmod. Oddly enough the shotgun soldier's skin is fine.

I just need to get the vanilla skins back because these ones looks like shit. If someone can tell me how to remove the addon (or if they've found a similar addon in the workshop or gamebanana etc.) that would be great.

0EsEj5o.jpg

the beta skin replacing my default combine soldier

rMM97qO.jpg

the beta skin replacing my default prison guard

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Rain

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
What legacy addons do you have? If this isn't in one of those I can only guess that there might be a .vmt & .vtf file in the garrysmod/garrysmod/materials or garrysmod/garrysmod/download/materials folder or somewhere within those folders that may be overwriting the default material.

I would try looking through those folders for something relating to the combine or if you don't have too many folders you could look through them all to find each .vtf file and open it too see if the texture matches the one overwriting the default combine soldiers material, then if it does delete it along with the .vmt file that has the same name.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
Remember to delete the .gma file from the addon folder otherwise the bug will still be present when offline

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
If you come on server I'd advise you don't, as this is the pack we use for our OTA on server. I'm not sure why it is overwriting your base files on Gmod though.

iirc we have them in one of the utility packs? I think it's 2 or 3.

wired

Artwork Requests
Nebulae
What legacy addons do you have? If this isn't in one of those I can only guess that there might be a .vmt & .vtf file in the garrysmod/garrysmod/materials or garrysmod/garrysmod/download/materials folder or somewhere within those folders that may be overwriting the default material.

I would try looking through those folders for something relating to the combine or if you don't have too many folders you could look through them all to find each .vtf file and open it too see if the texture matches the one overwriting the default combine soldiers material, then if it does delete it along with the .vmt file that has the same name.
stupid question, do I need any particular software to view .vtf and .vmt files?

Remember to delete the .gma file from the addon folder otherwise the bug will still be present when offline
looking at it again, I'm not 100% sure this workshop addon is causing the problem, the pack you linked doesn't look like it has the skins I posted above in it. But like I said I need to get home from work before I even attempt to fix it.

Postino

Atom
Nebulae
stupid question, do I need any particular software to view .vtf and .vmt files?
for .vtf's you can use vtfedit or whatever as it's just textures (i guess), i dunno about .vmt's though

Status
Not open for further replies.