Serious [Review] Art of The Week

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
They're from "[Half Life: Alyx] Male Citizen Playermodels (v2)"
They're amazing for a more Lax HL2 setting, or just normal citizens. There's no female pack yet though, which I really want so I can do something other than something that is HQ male models and shit female models.
Yes, the pose you did really gets me hyped for that kind of baggy superdry feel that these models convey, v. nice

Reactions: List

chell

Proton
Nebulae
I did this in MS paint with my mouse because my tablet broke.
kQB7ODF.png

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
AOTW / WEEK 24 OF 53 / 2020

Sorry, was priortising stuff going on with Stasiland so I dipped on yesterday
You have my attention again now

Cute and dangerous at the same time, love the kind of rough texture it has too and how it kind of blurs off the main body of the thing. I got no got damn idea what this is but it's good, as the light seems to be coming from the right primarily it kinda glows off which is good detail - and the rainbow vibes make it not so serious. I'd love to see a more crisp image of this where the edges are more smoothed down and such. Great drawin.

Damn these drawings are looking good today, it has sucha consistent style of drawing and great shading with the backdrop slowly dipping into the dark as well. Not sure if theres any feedback to give - it's just great.

The posing here is pretty standard, I just wish I could see more of it. The text behind is of great selection too but much like the image it is indeed just dark. My only criticism if you haven't guessed is that this picture is just so got damn dark man. I want to SEE MORE. C'MON. If this was done on a map, a tight angle like this can be best suited by just a lamp above acting as a streetlamp they are next to, maybe some ambient blue around too.

This is great, the detail, snow, slight motion blur / faded out picture quality is just soooooo fitting. The background is simple and enough for what you're showing as well; which is basically some dude tea-bagging an OTA soldier. For its purpose it is posed very well - part of me does wish there was just a little bit less snow so you could see and appreciate more of it. Great work though.

You know, for ms paint this is pretty aesthetic and well considered. With the rolls in the T shirt and shading going on as well. I can only really imagine the torment of going back on yourself every so often but at the same time I still only remember ms paint from like 10 years ago, haven't used any updated version since. Guys eyes are kind goldfishy but it fits the style too if you get what I mean... not much to suggest here besides maybe changing the colour the smoke? Nice work :^).

I say this all the god damn time now with lighting to like everyone but holy moly some harsh lighting on this would give like a weird Cyberpunk kinda vibe, maybe with a lower angle. Say you replaced the night time escque lights with some sunlight coming from the top right and it casts some shadows on the clone troopers. Otherwise, the posing and such is done very well! I especially like the one sitting down :^).

cute green thing wins the bold @Pict
ddyiw9x-f09fd7bf-7b91-4165-aa73-3b47fe50b9ad.png

Honours to @Mickey Toast
gAqu8sh.png

-

giphy.gif

Have a good week you guys
@me if you need attention
Really good submissions this week, I wasn't sure what to say sometimes that would be useful feedback

-Danny​

CloudBucket

Proton
Nebulae

"Here everything is considered as art, no matter the medium."

dis my art for da week. made in fl studio and done with improv on a midi keyboard with sound effects and my vocal lines on clouds being put into play! wanted to try making music so this is what i decided! looking for feedback so if you have any just leave it on my creative thread!

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
AOTW / WEEK 25 OF 53 / 2020

We tuesday gang now
that spiderman trailer was pretty good too

Very angry lesbian vibes from this particular model, feel like I've never seen it before but regardless its a pretty nice standard portrait angle pose. Even if it is just a slightly adapted default anim'. Could've maybe done with some more exaggerated lighting seeing how literally nothing in the image casts a shadow but aside from that I think the black and white was a cool choice too. Nice.

Interesting choice of scene build but I do like the aesthetic of like slightly cursed image vibes. Not so sure what the context of the lyrics are or what relevance they have but hope you aint goin thru smn bro, nice work all the same though with the lighting and positioning of props

Framing here is great, would have looked very awkward if this was another wide angle. The harsh red lighting is pretty cool too seeing how it reflects on surfaces very well as you can see it fade in and out at parts of the statue that come closer to the source and such. But uh, can't tell if the hands look weird or if thats just part of the dudes head? Either way, scene is pretty good bud. Maybe the text coulda done with a cool gradient or something of it fading the black like everything else in the image

Heyyyy this is pretty good, liking the star wars content we're getting at the moment BUT, BUT, BUT - where the lighting at tho? There isn't any shading going on at all nearly unless these clones be in some expertly lit studio for a band pic. So yeah, posing and scene is pretty great but got damn I wanna see shadows and shiny helmets

Nice vibes from this stuff, you got some talent on the ivory keys too man I hope you post some more of these in future since we don't get enough self made music round these parts, really got good for me after the 20 second mark. Keep it up man it sounds gooooooood :^)​

When I was first scrolling through I totally thought this was a picture and not something rendered through a PC - if I didn't look closer it still woulda fooled me. I love the little berries, flowers and the tiny sign on the pot as well saying smn like 'sample tree'. Very simple and stylistic me like very much hope to see more

I like this render, looks very glitchy vhs early interpreation of online life vibes but I am looking too into it. Actually kinda remins me of SUPERHOT in a way but just much more vibrant. I don't have much to add as I have no idea how this was made but, great work man

long live simpson shitposting, rest in peace Hubert Gagnon
For real though, I know how hard this stuff can be to edit sometimes so good stuff

Classic pose right here, poses are great, lighting is great, background is enough - makes me want to play Strike at Karkand on BF3. Nice. Always wondered how you get this kinda soft lighting but y'know what I just kinda like looking at it too.
coolio.gif

Because of the ivory capability, bold goes to @CloudBucket, lav it

-
AltruisticSadCatfish-size_restricted.gif

monkey gett
monk
monkey getting a haircut

have a good week you guys​

steambored

Make no mistake, this is a one-way trip.
Nebulae
Always wondered how you get this kinda soft lighting but y'know what I just kinda like looking at it too
paid attention to a few helpful and expert folks advice on lighting in sfm discord and practiced it and so far results are very good.

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I really cant do poses but this is the best one i've ever made
qLqsxAL.jpg