Completed [Competition] Art of The Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vasey105

Proton
Nebulae
u dont need to deal with wiggling and jiggling forearms when posing a model in sfm since there's no physics to begin with

then again idk if y'all use ragdoll mover which makes it relatively easier (but also tedious as fuck considering you don't have IK rigs without using the ragdoll itself, which brings me back to the physics point)

get pranked kiddo

Reactions: List

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
I tried to use Gmod before but I was just profoundly shit at it, even with help.
I just found it difficult even though I used a lot of addons and stuff to try and help myself.

I prefer SFM because if there's a tool or something I can just find it in a few clicks, it's like layers on Photoshop and is mega organised. (Idk if there's smth like this for Gmod).

Though SFM lacks in some ways because there are some maps/models that don't work that I really want to use, or aren't really supported. After a while of using the same map over and over again you have to rely on scene building, but eventually you kind of just run out of stuff to do and make the same scenes over and over again, or at least I found that anyways. Which is really why I stopped.

SFM has limitations to creativity imo but can be a bit easier to use and to create cinematic pictures.
Gmod has far less limitations, and can be much more complicated (Imo) if you're making a complicated scene. But probably after a while you get used to it and adapt.

However I've only ever tried to use GMOD about 4 times to make a pose and gave up.
I've used SFM countless times.

So it's a pretty bias opinion

but just an opinion.

xxx

Last edited:

frogsap

Quark
Nebulae
i'd switch to sfm right now if i had my gmod models and maps working on sfm

lemon

Sells cheap beer
Nebulae
i'd switch to sfm right now if i had my gmod models and maps working on sfm
Gmad converter
shrugs.gif

Bandit

Nucleus
Nebulae
yeah and it disables finger posing for some reason
I find it terrible to work with but a lot of other people like using it so

you can still finger pose, but its laggy as shit and overcomplicated

RGB

Proton
Nebulae
That was a 1 hour personal challenge to get me back in the swing of it after Christmas drawing hiatus

Got a current WIP in the works that ain't so empty for once lads

Sneak peek for next week's entry

0b749f08b95c3a1a40938f2c04d90302.png

Status
Not open for further replies.