ebdbaee4e4.png

photoshop edit yay​

get a job in graphics

Reactions: List

lemon

Sells cheap beer
Nebulae
Fuck, I'm tired of these headliners

@ConstantDisplay, I really like this one. Making a passive pose like this is usually very hard, because it needs to show something interesting. Here, you captured a little bit of tension, just a tiny bit of it, and it works out perfectly. The idea of using these volumetric lights on the right is absolutely great, but it kinda doesn't fit with the rest of the picture being completely clear. There also could be more stuff added to the background, but these two are the only issues I have with this. Great job overall, especially the idea.
thumbup1.gif

@Eddard Stark, you've improved the camera angle a lot, but you still could've lighted up the Doom Guy more, preferably with a bit more white light. I'd also maybe widen the scene on the right a bit, but yeah, it's really close to perfection in my opinion, just some tiny polishing here, and there and you're set.
thumbup1.gif

@247-0006-0001 'Jimbo', I love when someone I banned earlier still posts their stunning poster, only to get denied by me typing "
thumbup1.gif
"

@Erkor, this is probably your first poster that I have some sort of a problem with. The background - it's too blurry for anything to be seen there. I can barely make out some kind of robot/mech there, but it's really just too blurry to see. It'd be far more interesting imo to see either destruction from battles like these close to the camera across the city/factory/whatever, or to see more of the battles themselves. Otherwise though, spot on.
thumbup1.gif

@Trissy, another great one, Jeez. You all decided to just flood me with good art this week? Amazing camera angle, especially for someone that I don't remember posting here. Solid filling of the background, semi-decent lighting (it's really good in most of the cases, like lighting up the main character - the female, or everyone in the background, maybe with the exception of the hanging man that could be lit more from the side of the light that's seen below, but that cop on right is just awful), and surprisingly good usage of standard animations. You see people, this guy right here knows how it's done. You can't make it apparent that you're just using sequences, placing bunch of ragdolls basically all doing the same thing just in different versions, but portraying the same feeling/social status, but rather by blending them in and only partially showing the whole pose. I don't know how to explain it fully, but I think you get me. Speaking of feels and emotions, one thing that's missing here for me, is the wasted opportunity to show this woman's face, turning her a bit towards the camera. A little brush of sorrow and/or anger would've helped a lot with painting it as a authentic picture. Either way, really good, I want to see your work next week, and even better.
thumbup1.gif

@ToasterRoboto, where are your comics man? While I wouldn't classify it as something wallpaper worthy, which is what we're aiming for here, it really impresses me to see people taking a shot at mapping. Never got around it, as I'd just throw my keyboard away in frustration. That being said, I'll just tag @Zak and hope that he'll be able to give you few tips, or something, as I'm quite useless at commenting mapping. From a newbie point of view though, it looks good to me

@Club Ace, I actually really like both, even if they're more of a test for the editing tool. Only one problem - resolution. Fix that, and you're set for gold.
thumbup1.gif

@Dallahan, honestly? It's a bit boring, but as you said it's more of a warm up rather than anything else. One thing I like though is lighting (even though there are almost no shadows, but whatever). Otherwise though, can't be too critical, it's looking good to me

Obvious winner is @MaXenzie, how could it be different

ebdbaee4e4.png

Two honoraries however go to @Danny and @Heck

oJllSd1.png

Amazing edit to fit this old school type of poster, great work man

tajOSIC.jpg

I've decided to give this one a honorary, because of how much it
looks like a screenshot from a game cut-scene. It has a really
thick atmosphere, there's almost no wasted space and I can just
hear the narrator describing this dystopian world. Perfect.

Reactions: List

Heck

Nucleus
Nebulae
Fuck, I'm tired of these headliners
tajOSIC.jpg

I've decided to give this one a honorary, because of how much it
looks like a screenshot from a game cut-scene. It has a really
thick atmosphere, there's almost no wasted space and I can just
hear the narrator describing this dystopian world. Perfect.
Holy shit... Never thought I'd get a honorary ever...
Shit I guess I'll continue this style since I'm good at it I guess

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
That being said, I'll just tag @Zak and hope that he'll be able to give you few tips, or something, as I'm quite useless at commenting mapping. From a newbie point of view though, it looks good to me
if you're making a miniscule posing map, you're 100% allowed to crank the lightmap scale waaaay down to make the lighting look pretty

and please for the love of god compile your map on "HDR Full Compile (final)"

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
if you're making a miniscule posing map, you're 100% allowed to crank the lightmap scale waaaay down to make the lighting look pretty

and please for the love of god compile your map on "HDR Full Compile (final)"
yes please compile every map with hdr

i fuckign want to die every time i want to use a map from gmod and it lacks hdr

Status
Not open for further replies.