Serious Could you still see yourself roleplaying in later life?

fofa

Atom
Nebulae
it's held back by the limitations of the outdated engine and the adherance to the game of which it's based on. It doesn't even matter how flexible you are with it, it's still limited by HL2.
funnily enough, gmod is still a better platform for text roleplay than gta 5. despite being much bigger, having hundreds of more players and being overall newer, it's still more repetitious and boring and allows for way less stories to be told than a game from 2006

Reactions: List

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
funnily enough, gmod is still a better platform for text roleplay than gta 5. despite being much bigger, having hundreds of more players and being overall newer, it's still more repetitious and boring and allows for way less stories to be told than a game from 2006
I imagine it's probably because it's less jarring.

The reason I think voice RP suits GTA way more is because in GTA you don't need to do /mes for shit, there's more than enough stuff built in that allows you to do actions and stuff like that without needing to describe it. Granted I've never tried text based GTA RP so I can't say whether I think it's good or bad but from what I've seen voice RP certainly seems to fit it much better.

Especially when it comes to the faster pace. Gmod being a smaller game suits the slower pace. It's probably why the giant city maps never worked out for us back then as it spread people out too far and made it tedious to get from place to place.

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
If text RP dies then no I'll never touch RP again, aside from silly tabletop antics.

I enjoy immersive live storytelling, having to listen to some dickheads nasally voice or an actual child will always be jarringly off putting and prevent that experience.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
If text RP dies then no I'll never touch RP again, aside from silly tabletop antics.

I enjoy immersive live storytelling, having to listen to some dickheads nasally voice or an actual child will always be jarringly off putting and prevent that experience.

just RP with people who are audibly nice to listen to

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
That's called talking to people in real life

nah

even on gta RP no one sounds distinctly bad to listen to, surprisingly everyone who's comfortable talking doesn't sound like squidward tentacles

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
I reckon so, although I'll probably fall back into sticking to singleplayer stuff over time, easier to run on your own schedule.

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I’ve always wondered why some people are so ashamed of their hobbies that they insist that they’ll drop them like a bad habit in the future. It’d surprise me if I ever stop playing tabletop - it’s a pretty big part of who I am, and scratches a particular itch insofar as acting and gaming, where I don’t really have much time for video games anymore.

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I’ve always wondered why some people are so ashamed of their hobbies that they insist that they’ll drop them like a bad habit in the future..
I would never admit to anyone in my real life other than my girlfriend that I roleplay

Gabby

Atom
Nebulae
I can currently a gamemaster for a Cyberpunk 2020 campaign so I'm probably gonna be roleplaying till I die.

(I also make a lot of videos about it)

Mangiyko

Vortigaunt Faction Lead.
Nebulae
I can currently a gamemaster for a Cyberpunk 2020 campaign so I'm probably gonna be roleplaying till I die.

(I also make a lot of videos about it)

Oh, man. Nice! How do you think RED and 2020 measure up? The RED reviews I've seen run the gamut between love and hate.

Cyberpunk 2020/Cyberpunk RED are 100% on my list of systems that I'll be using next. We're wrapping up a classic Forgotten Realms campaign right now, but I fully intend to either run a Cyberpunk game next, Forces and Destiny, or another Call of Cthulu campaign.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Oh, man. Nice! How do you think RED and 2020 measure up? The RED reviews I've seen run the gamut between love and hate.

Cyberpunk 2020/Cyberpunk RED are 100% on my list of systems that I'll be using next. We're wrapping up a classic Forgotten Realms campaign right now, but I fully intend to either run a Cyberpunk game next, Forces and Destiny, or another Call of Cthulu campaign.

2020 is easy to abuse, you can put on 3 jackets and their AC stacks

basic armor makes you immune to anything except military grade rifles

you can go into $200,000 debt on character creation and just give yourself the nuke cybernetic that means you go off in a thermonuclear detonation when you die

RED is more balanced but doesnt have locational damage

Gabby

Atom
Nebulae

I am one of those people who hate RED with a passion. imo it lacks the edge and tone of the 2020 sourcebooks, made worse by the fact most of the RED sourcebooks feel really lazy and just lacking compared to 2020. The only reason most would use RED is due to the gameplay rules being easier to understand.

If you wanna really get your players into Cyberpunk, start with 2020 and have it start in the early-mid 2010s. This allows the players to see the world changing over time and really understand the situation they're in.

Mangiyko

Vortigaunt Faction Lead.
Nebulae