News Counter-Strike 2: Videos released by Valve

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Sure, in no way am I surprised that Valve is taking the overwhelmingly safe play here (as they have this entire past decade) but with the amount of money and resources they command, the improvement between CSGO and CS2 should be more akin to the improvement that CSGO was over CSS. Valve has nearly endless amounts of wealth, so I don't understand why the games and updates they release these days are massively more underwhelming than when they had less money and employees

You can keep Counter-Strike simple while refreshing the gameplay and its concept, which has been proven by each new major iteration of the game in the past

As I said, I certainly hope that they add more major improvements if they plan on labeling this a "sequel" to counter strike

Are there some other new current features that they aren't listing on the website? They have literally only improved graphics by porting it to Source 2 (including UI and particle effects), made smokes more dynamic, removed tickrate, and apparently improved sound, though there aren't any details regarding this and I can't tell any difference in the audio

"It's a new engine" so what? Yes, it's great that the thousand-dollar knives in the game sparkle in the sunlight and molotovs now look like they have liquid in them, but I've yet to see how it's revolutionizing the game in any way

Again maybe my opinion will change in the summer and this will all age terribly when they show all the features they are adding

What's your peak CSGO rank?

Reactions: List

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Keen to use source 2 again outside of vr or facepunch though.
That map toolset was a pleasure to use.

key

Nebulae
no longer using ticks for movement and shooting is huge. now ping will be the only thing standing in your way, so no more shitty servers causing your shots to not register. very interesting.

Revanox

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
no longer using ticks for movement and shooting is huge. now ping will be the only thing standing in your way, so no more shitty servers causing your shots to not register. very interesting.
I love living close to Frankfurt (5 - max. 23 ping)

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
@Revanox WRONG THREAD BITCH ASS

I WILL BE POSTING MY BETA NOW

F5Al4h0WEAAIchU

YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA