CSGO and TF2 source code leaked

Matty

Proton
Nebulae
Tyler was involved but he wasnt the actual leaker as they just got it from him and his inner circle
the current rumour is (take it with an entire shaker of salt) the original leaker who gave Tyler the build was Grey Newell as its known him and Tyler are close as well as the fact Grey has many builds of Valve games including even F-STOP

my dumbass brain thought Grey Newell was the fucking creator of Garrysmod for a hot second

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
another tf2 market recession lmao
unknown.png

holy shit lmao

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
So from everything I'm seeing/reading, the main risks are TF2 and CS:GO (obviously), the rest really aint being flaunted and even then its more likely to get sorted or dealt with before people even start turning to Gmod.

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
So from everything I'm seeing/reading, the main risks are TF2 and CS:GO (obviously), the rest really aint being flaunted and even then its more likely to get sorted or dealt with before people even start turning to Gmod.
isn’t gmod on a modified branch of source anyway?

Postino

Atom
Nebulae
also heads up an expliot has already reportedly been found that allows for remote hijacking of PCs so id advise staying away from TF2 and CSGO (e: and possibly any online Source game including GMOD) for the foreseeable future at the very least
source? (pun intended)

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
WEK1R-OjKqA-1.jpg

RCE has more or less been confirmed with new hacks being introduced already and only having more additions, all Source games can potentially have the same risk including gmod
the big issue is that most source games share the same engine with GMod being on 2013 Source MP like TF2 and all engine branches sharing similar or same code basis with even Titanfall and Apex Legends potentially being at risk despite the extreme engine modifications so nothing is safe until all issues are rectified or confirmed not present

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
I had mixed feelings about selling off my entire csgo/tf2 inventory at 50% value, but seeing all these collectors on suicide watch convinced me it was for the best. Having a heart attack over virtual value everytime tf2 is involved in some leak/drama isn't worth it.

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
WEK1R-OjKqA-1.jpg

RCE has more or less been confirmed with new hacks being introduced already and only having more additions, all Source games can potentially have the same risk including gmod

the big issue is that most source games share the same engine with GMod being on 2013 Source MP like TF2 and all engine branches sharing similar or same code basis with even Titanfall and Apex Legends potentially being at risk despite the extreme engine modifications so nothing is safe until all issues are rectified or confirmed not present
that image is fake
all images are fake atm don't believe the shit
unknown.png

Matty

Proton
Nebulae
WEK1R-OjKqA-1.jpg

Hm, yes, yes, but wouldn't that cause a parabolic destabilization of the fission singularity?
2tteSCD.png

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
that image is fake
all images are fake atm don't believe the shit
unknown.png
sorry then, im just trying to keep up with all the info atm and its a bit of a shitstorm as you can guess
only reason i believed the image was because cathook's dev is reportedly the one who discovered the expliot which made it easily believable for me he already managed to get a new build out

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
sorry then, im just trying to keep up with all the info atm and its a bit of a shitstorm as you can guess
only reason i believed the image was because cathook's dev is reportedly the one who discovered the expliot which made it easily believable for me he already managed to get a new build out
there's also a vid going around of someone doing a RCE but its literally just a window opening and closing when a bot joins

buy the dip