CSGO and TF2 source code leaked

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae

I didn’t know Dr Rosenberg had a twitter account and was a confederate.

Did /v/ do a raid over this?

You can play HL2RP just fine. Garry even confirmed on twitter, there's zero reason Gmod would be impacted.
Garrysmod is running Source2013, the leak was for Source 2007. Although a lot is shared between the two branches it’s doubtful anything serious like the old “vinh’ll fix it” ‘’virus’’ will emerge.

Reactions: List

Rare21

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I didn’t know Dr Rosenberg had a twitter account and was a confederate.

Did /v/ do a raid over this?

Garrysmod is running Source2013, the leak was for Source 2007. Although a lot is shared between the two branches it’s doubtful anything serious like the old “vinh’ll fix it” ‘’virus’’ will emerge.
it's not like there's so much difference between the engine's versions..

this video for example showcases how easy it is to create a base cheat that interfaces fine with any source game, from gmod to csgo

the only thing that would change in this case would be VMT indexes numbers

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
EWO-d4qUYAARfsF

GothTrad

Spooky scary skeleton
Nebulae
You can play HL2RP just fine. Garry even confirmed on twitter, there's zero reason Gmod would be impacted.

As for why this is so serious, yeah. You basically can make mods for both games easily now, find a lot of new and potentially dangerous hacks and exploits very easily, etc. This isn't quite as big as prior leaks were at the time, still fairly heavy (even if its been out in the wild for two years now).

Playing GMOD is not advised though from what I read, could you enlighten us a little more about it Rabid? Just to know if what's been told about the source engine leak is that much of an issue for every source games with online capabilities or not. From what I heard, it allows them to run a prompt command and inject whatever the fuck they want if they're on the same server than you.

Toast Lord

Electron
Nebulae
Man they quarantine me from my out of home activities and now they quarantine me from my in home activities

can't have SHIT on this earth son

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
so the story has kinda already been straightened out somewhat that im happy to post it (so much for a week or two) for anyone not in the know, but i will say that take every word with a pinch of salt even if its mostly accepted as with this shit it can change at any time
  • back in 2017/2018 Tyler of VNN managed to acquire a copy of the TF2 and CSGO source code from someone close to or in Valve which he shared around with his small inner circle which included Lever Softworks, a small group that Tyler directed for Valve beta recreations
  • an individual involved in this inner circle (be it with Lever or not im not sure), for reasons i havent been able to fully grasp yet but if i properly figure it out i'll update it, attempted a murder-suicide in 2018 on a girl also part of this inner circle (which i believe to be his at the time gf but still i have no clue) and in the process leaked all of these source code files in one of Tyler's personal discords, the girl thankfully survived the encounter after fleeing and contacting the police and he was arrested before he caused harm to anyone
  • as soon as Tyler found out he deleted the dump from the Discord and contacted Valve and after working with him managed to deal with it and after that things went quiet and no-one really cared, Lever Softworks went independent from Tyler and onto their own adventures
  • that was until recently where a member of Lever Softworks that was particularly transphobic, racist, among whatever else twatish behaviour harassed with another member that was transexual, and after this came to a head the person was kicked off of the team as a result of their actions
  • only problem was that this individual, either from being on the team at time of the leak and managing to grab it or being given it by someone who did have it (i believe it to be the former but im not 100%), had a copy of this Source code from all those years ago and in retaliation leaked the entirety of it
now all of this story of course is just my speculation and putting things together from what ive gathered but i believe this to be atleast a decent outline of events if a bit rough around the edges, i havent bothered with names because trying to figure them all out was too much of a headache on top of trying to get the story straight
theres also the dumped chat logs Tyler posted between him and a Valve employee meant to exonerate him of the blame of any of you are interested, its rather damning of Valve and various members of the community at points as well as revealing of some of the stuff theyre up to in more detail so its an interesting read:

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Yo stupid question but is TF2 safe to play again?

D

Deleted member 243

Yo stupid question but is TF2 safe to play again?
Yes. Worth it? Ehhh..

Haven't touched the game in 4 years, due to lagspikes (my ping was fine). I fixed it by resetting my config files, so it's playable now.

Then I enterer casual. Baghdad with n-bombs and spinbots. Everywhere, spamming the chat and killing you with hacks. Fuckin' MYG(T bots man

screw them, im gonna go play dm_mariokart

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
Yes. Worth it? Ehhh..

Haven't touched the game in 4 years, due to lagspikes (my ping was fine). I fixed it by resetting my config files, so it's playable now.

Then I enterer casual. Baghdad with n-bombs and spinbots. Everywhere, spamming the chat and killing you with hacks. Fuckin' MYG(T bots man

screw them, im gonna go play dm_mariokart
casual servers are shit and take too long to get into
community servers is the only saving grace