'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
QpokYk3.jpg

similar vibes

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Part of the Nomad lifechoice, no clue if it's a flashback or meeting with another clan.

These guys show up when you meet with Jackie at Lizzie's Bar, they null your implants and leave you for dead.

That's Kirk Sawyer, the fixer who tasks you to steal a luxury car (a Rayfield). If you've seen any of the new videos (the gig, night city wire episode one, etc) you know it doesn't go well.

D

Deleted member 3818

corpo rat is definitely looking like the best path. Although depending on how much they differ, I look forward to being able to replay another two times.

Reactions: List

Clokr

Atom
Nebulae
Part of the Nomad lifechoice, no clue if it's a flashback or meeting with another clan.

These guys show up when you meet with Jackie at Lizzie's Bar, they null your implants and leave you for dead.

That's Kirk Sawyer, the fixer who tasks you to steal a luxury car (a Rayfield). If you've seen any of the new videos (the gig, night city wire episode one, etc) you know it doesn't go well.
The part that I love most about this is that it all is ONLY at the VERY beginning of the game

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
The part that I love most about this is that it all is ONLY at the VERY beginning of the game
Everything they have released to the public story-wise (beyond the Johnny Silverhand braindance/"flashback" sequence [we don't know what it is other than it's set in the past, and we're playing as him in it]) is set in the prologue, everything.

Makes me wonder if there's prologue-exclusive sidequests, considering that nothing's railroading you into the main 'prologue' story segments, you could wander around and do other things.

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
god i'm so so so hyped for this game
trying my best to avoid even the night wires so i can get the freshest experience

tho, are we going nomad, corp or street kid, gang?

Clokr

Atom
Nebulae
god i'm so so so hyped for this game
trying my best to avoid even the night wires so i can get the freshest experience

tho, are we going nomad, corp or street kid, gang?
I was thinking corpo for my first but now I’m thinking nomad cause of the yeehaw I’m ina fuckin desert vibe. And there’s also something VERY cowboy like that you can do when you’re a nomad apparently so... yeah. Sign me the fuck up

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
I was thinking corpo for my first but now I’m thinking nomad cause of the yeehaw I’m ina fuckin desert vibe. And there’s also something VERY cowboy like that you can do when you’re a nomad apparently so... yeah. Sign me the fuck up

was thinking corpo too, but think i'm sitting on nomad, cause mans is new to the city and so is i, you know?

Clokr

Atom
Nebulae
was thinking corpo too, but think i'm sitting on nomad, cause mans is new to the city and so is i, you know?
Same bro. And also because you already get a qt femchar to talk to in the prologue.

I’m thinking of maybe doing a cyber ware free run first. There’s so many fucking ways to play this I can tell I’m gonna be running it for a long ass time and I ain’t complaining

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
corpo makes sense in that logic too simply because most of them scarcely leave their ivory towers.

from memory:
  • streetkids have an easier time dealing with 'street' stuff (working out what drug someone is offering you, what some slang means, some personal connections on the street such as with one fixer, etc)
  • nomads have a bit more integrity (honesty, "my word is my word", etc.)
  • corpos have a bit more finesse with stuff (stores, business, dangerous jobs, inevitable betrayals by every shady NPC)
And also because you already get a qt femchar to talk to in the prologue.
No word if the character's in the prologue itself, but they're not in the starting bit at the least so it's likely mid-game content.

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
corpo makes sense in that logic too simply because most of them scarcely leave their ivory towers.

from memory:
  • streetkids have an easier time dealing with 'street' stuff (working out what drug someone is offering you, what some slang means, some personal connections on the street such as with one fixer, etc)
  • nomads have a bit more integrity (honesty, "my word is my word", etc.)
  • corpos have a bit more finesse with stuff (stores, business, dangerous jobs, inevitable betrayals by every shady NPC)

No word if the character's in the prologue itself, but they're not in the starting bit at the least so it's likely mid-game content.

do we know if each choice will have a lasting effect throughout the game and change the missions, or just the prologue?

Same bro. And also because you already get a qt femchar to talk to in the prologue.

I’m thinking of maybe doing a cyber ware free run first. There’s so many fucking ways to play this I can tell I’m gonna be running it for a long ass time and I ain’t complaining

please ban erp bait fem rebel chars

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
do we know if each choice will have a lasting effect throughout the game and change the missions, or just the prologue?
yes, considering it effects dialogue in all forms (relationships with characters, quests [main + side], conversation options exclusive to each) and also the ending.

devs have confirmed that if you wish to start as one and end as another (say, corpo who turns into a nomad) you're welcome to do that, but a nomad who stays as a nomad has more 'exclusive' ending options, so to speak.

me, I think I'll cut the head off Saburo Arasaka and take his place on the Corporate totem pole.

D

Deleted member 3818

me, I think I'll cut the head off Saburo Arasaka and take his place on the Corporate totem pole.
I'm hoping that working your way up the corpo food chain will be an actual challenge in the sense that you have to mark smart, calculated decisions, instead of just having a clear cut quest-line that's hard to screw up.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I'm hoping that working your way up the corpo food chain will be an actual challenge in the sense that you have to mark smart, calculated decisions, instead of just having a clear cut quest-line that's hard to screw up.
it's definitely going to be a hell of a lot harder to work your way back into Arasaka (or Militech, if that's an option?)'s employee roster versus just going to war with the company.

even then you're likely going to murder enough people to fill multiple graveyards and bring down a few neighborhoods.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
really hoping i can try going pacifist considering im pretty sure they mentioned it being "not the way" of night city