john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
Pk1syUu.png

Reactions: List

Clokr

Atom
Nebulae
I’m honestly pretty fuckin hyped to see how they created the weapons n shit in the game. From the very little snippets of them being used they seem to be aight. But I’m interested to see how they took their own spin on things.

So far I’ve been able to spot that revovler which I can’t tell if it’s based off of anything.
That pistol from the recent nomad life path gameplay vid seemed to have the building blocks of a P226 type
I saw a rifle that reminded me of that absolute abomination that is the CMMG Mutant
Plus a lot more that aren’t really based on anything as far as I can tell

Really interested in the lore surrounding them too, and if they put as much detail into arguably the biggest part of the game besides the story itself

I also heard that over time as you use certain weapons that your animations will change to reflect that time spent on it, sorta like EFT handles mastery perhaps?

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
So far I’ve been able to spot that revovler which I can’t tell if it’s based off of anything.
That pistol from the recent nomad life path gameplay vid seemed to have the building blocks of a P226 type
I saw a rifle that reminded me of that absolute abomination that is the CMMG Mutant
Plus a lot more that aren’t really based on anything as far as I can tell
there's a few examples where they've quite clearly drawn from current time stuff already

cyberpunk-2077-weapons-smart-shingen.jpg

defo some inspiration from the KRISS vector

3719307-carnage.png

could easily be a pimped up mossberg 590, note the vented barrel shroud

UsmXXzQ.png

I'd also wager this pistol from the gun preview thingie is based on a silencerco maxim 9
which looks very cyberpunkesque even by default
QVNtGba.png

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
the variant seen in the nomad prologue fires explosive ammunition

that seems to be a standard rifle among most NPC's, it's been seen in trailers stretching back to the 2018 deep dive

I also heard that over time as you use certain weapons that your animations will change to reflect that time spent on it, sorta like EFT handles mastery perhaps?
this is true

Clokr

Atom
Nebulae
3719307-carnage.png

could easily be a pimped up mossberg 590, note the vented barrel shroud
The really interesting thing about that one is the fact that during a couple of a the gameplay vids when v racks that instead of what I thought would be your average plastic shell it’s a completely brass shell.

And from looking at the breach and the brass of it if it’s a shotgun it has to be a sort of very small gauge. Thankfully it’ll obviously hurt the dude youre shooting then your shoulder at this point

Just saw the screenshot said 4 gauge. And god damn that’s basically just a tiny artillery shell at that point. I’ll absolutely be using it lmao

Last edited:

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
everyone comparing cb2077 guns to real life stuff and im sitting here recognizing guns from cb2020

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
am i gonna sleep through the whole day so i can play cyberpunk all night and completely ruin my sleep schedule?? yap yap yap yap

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
Midnight release in UK as well

Preload available on monday

think for over here it's 7pm release on the 9th
got someone to cover my shift so i can game when it comes out and i won't be working till the following monday
also what's preload

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
think for over here it's 7pm release
also what's preload
you download it prior to being able to play it so that you don't have to wait for however many hours it takes to download when it actually releases. they do this either by giving you all the assets and not the game engine or by encrypting the files until its released.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
think for over here it's 7pm release
also what's preload
It's basically where you can download a bunch of the essential files needed for the game early I believe

It's all encrypted though and it's usually not the full game, but it essentially saves time having to install the full game on release day, instead it's unpacked and the remaining files are downloaded

It used to be a PC only thing but I think Consoles actually have something similiar now due to digital games being way more common now

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
you download it prior to being able to play it so that you don't have to wait for however many hours it takes to download when it actually releases
o
tbh i thought we could do that now
[doublepost=1607043978][/doublepost]
It's basically where you can download a bunch of the essential files needed for the game early I believe

It's all encrypted though and it's usually not the full game, but it essentially saves time having to install the full game on release day, instead it's unpacked and the remaining files are downloaded

It used to be a PC only thing but I think Consoles actually have something similiar now due to digital games being way more common now

damn fingers crossed i'll be able to play on the 9th then

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
you download it prior to being able to play it so that you don't have to wait for however many hours it takes to download when it actually releases. they do this either by giving you all the assets and not the game engine or by encrypting the files until its released.
supposedly reviewers are already having to download a ~40 gb patch

and apparently the patch reviewers are downloading isnt even the actual day one patch so

Clokr

Atom
Nebulae
Considering I sent all my parts back and simply bought a pre built and it not even being in transfer to UPS prolly means I’ll only be able to dl it on release night if lucky and that’ll still take fuckin like five days