Recruitment D&D 5E - Lost Mine of Phandelver (5 Player)

Cr3d1tz

Noob DM
Nebulae
DD-Transparent.png

Adventurers

Huldvar Ragnarok (@Expax) - Paladin
Alortha Moundstepper (@Sir Goatson) - Druid
Rosa Mayland (@The Soviet Union) - Rogue
Ferdinand Franzer (@asmodevs) - Bard
Pamoril Paturel (@hy0n) - Warlock

Introduction

Welcome. I am currently recruiting willing players who'd like to participate in a run of the D&D 5E adventure module "Lost Mine of Phandelver". It is aimed at beginners and covers the level range of 1-5, while offering an engaging storyline with high quality maps. It's pretty good from what I have seen, though it remains to be tested yet by us nebulous people. I am a total beginner at this, but I feel like we can get something nice going, having basically all materials that we need already.

Time of session

Figured we'd go by [4:00pm GMT]+ with this, while the actual time is still up for discussion and can be adjusted towards party convenience. Just making sure that people from distant timezones know what's up. If that's totally outta your comfort zone, sorry.

What do I need?

• Enjoy highly immersive roleplay
  • An understanding of the basic rules (link below)
  • Free Account on Roll20
  • Microphone and don't be too shy. Voice encouraged/Cam optional
  • Character Sheet (Orcpub.com) "Point buy" System.
    • Alternatively: Pick one of the five pre-made chars (link below)
  • At least 2 hours of time per session

Player Materials

In this package you'll find pre-made character frames, the character sheets of the five default characters of the campaign and the Player Handbook. There are some character materials for inspiration, so there's that.

Here

You are not expected to learn everything, which is written in the handbook, by heart. All I need from you is to read the other file in the main folder, which is a slimmed down version, which contains all you need to know to start this adventure. As for anything that is unclear or causes confusion mid-session, that will be adressed by me.

Got it, what now?

So now you've got a basic understanding of the rules and your character has been born.
Post your character sheet as an image on this thread and express what timeframe you are available for. (Also, add a reference pic for token creation)

This won't go by "First come first served", but through judging quality and player compatibility.
After you have posted, just go on about your business and wait. The campaign is pretty much 100% set up and 90% ready to go. As for why those missing 10%...that's just me fleshing out the setting. Adding NPCs, setting up encounters, quests, riddles and generally making adjustments or additions one way or the other. I will claim some time to somehow work the custom characters into the story, if necessary.

What is there to say about the sessions?

Though the whole web of rules can be frightening at first glance, it is advised not to be too serious in face of it.
The goal here is to have fun, so while rules help, it won't limit you too much, nor should it.
I myself am a total rookie in this and I expect that most of the players also won't be experts in the field, so we'll be able to take it slow if the situation calls for it. I'll try my best to smoothen the journey, so that you have a great time and that's basically all that matters. We will not manage to wrap up the campaign in one session, so it's best that everyone keeps an eye out on when they might be available in the future, so that we can arrange a swift get-together. We'll forge our way through the campaign at our own pace.

Additional Notes:

• Should a member of the party resign during the campaign, I will extend an invitation to remaining applicants.
  • For a first campaign, I will place moderate restrictions on the players' travels (restrict area)
  • Any questions or suggestions? Hit me up with a PM

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'll sign up and see how you do.

My character sheet is here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzu--RwFaUzkZzlvbHQ0YW1hMU0/view?usp=sharing

When you import it to roll20, you'll naturally need to input my values on equipment and other things, but something you should note is:
A lance deals double damage when used from the back of a charging mount. It has reach, so you can strike opponents 10 feet away with it, but you can’t use it against an adjacent foe.

While mounted, you can wield a lance with one hand.
Purely as my character is primarily a lancer.

If backstories need writing, give me more time.

It's not an image, but this way you can edit it.

I'm available pretty much constantly, except before 6PM on weekends.
6dc3caa1b0c09c5ec1e69772d203699d.jpg

Last edited:

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
which rule variant for point systems are we using, Random, Point Buy, or Free Form?

Cr3d1tz

Noob DM
Nebulae
which rule variant for point systems are we using, Random, Point Buy, or Free Form?

Sorry about that. We are going with "Point Buy". I'll edit that into the main post.

You started already?

No, we haven't.

Also, I'd like you people to stop shitposting in this thread. If an admin or mod sees this thread, I'd like to request that you remove all the trash from here, which doesn't include a character sheet.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Also, I'd like you people to stop shitposting in this thread. If an admin or mod sees this thread, I'd like to request that you remove all the trash from here, which doesn't include a character sheet.

Not how this works.

If it's on the topic (That being, a D&D session that you're hosting) then it's not shitposting.

You can't force people to only post character sheets here.

asmodevs

og black duck man
Nebulae

Cr3d1tz

Noob DM
Nebulae
I've tagged this thread a recruitment thread and it has my own standards for what I am asking the people to do in this thread. I think it is reasonable from me to want a collection of character sheets in one thread without having to browse through too many random comments.

Anyhow, wether or not my request is enforced or not, it doesn't matter. I have my own way of handling this if necessary.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I've tagged this thread a recruitment thread and it has my own standards for what I am asking the people to do in this thread. I think it is reasonable from me to want a collection of character sheets in one thread without having to browse through too many random comments.

You're always gonna get random comments. That's just how forums work.

If you don't want to read through shit, just tell people to PM you instead of replying here, so you don't even have to look at this Thread.

Cr3d1tz

Noob DM
Nebulae
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3QOSZRkWD85R0dBMjBTaXh0N0k/view?usp=sharing

I did not write backstory, if you wish me to I can make it right now.

Looking good there at first glance. Do not worry about the backstory too much if you don't feel like it. You can create some story of your own, or you can take two other options. One would be that I, using my judgement, add a tiny backstory to your char that fits the setting or the second being that I give you the backstory of one of the default chars in the campaign.

Edit: BTW, can you PM me your reference pic please? It would make it easier to incorporate it into the game. Thanks ^^

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
Im not familiar with 5e, what is Magic Bonus Damage, and Magic Bonus Attack?

asmodevs

og black duck man
Nebulae
Im not familiar with 5e, what is Magic Bonus Damage, and Magic Bonus Attack?
As far as I am concerned it's aditional damage included in your attack, by enchanting the sword or something.

MBA - is value added due to your skill in magic

Atleast I think so

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Perception is a wisdom, skill while Investigation is an intelligence skill?

Wisdom is knowing the world around you well.

Intelligence is knowing how to open a door.