Deadly's Guide to Lucid Dreaming - Waste your time edition

TheDeadlyHaze

Monkey
Nebulae
Pure Lucid Dreaming

What is lucid dreaming?

Lucid dreaming is when you are aware of dreaming.
If you are aware of dreaming, it is possible for you to actually control your dreams!
You can do whatever you want. You can create buildings, you can create your own adventure, you can create your own powers, etc.
The best part about this is that it actually feels pretty real!

How to

It is not easy to explain, so I recommend some videos and sites to look at:

Youtube playlist for tips and tricks.
! I recommend you watching it, it really helps understanding how the whole process works !

Youtube video about lucid dreaming, easy to understand!

Wikipedia-siteinformations for additional information.

WikiHow for a step by step guide.

reddit on lucid dreaming, got everything!

TIPS: 1. Wake up a few hours early/4 hours after you go to sleep and stay awake for about 5 minutes. I have the greatest success rate with this method. I usually wake up, go to the washroom, then go back to sleep.
2. If you feel as though you are about to wake up, spin in circles. 98% of the time this keeps your lucid dream going.
3. Keep a sleep journal. Record your dreams every morning as soon as you wake up. I know this seems kinda stupid (especially to the guys), but it works. Eventually you will start to remember your dream automatically.
4. When you are going to sleep, say to yourself "I will have a lucid dream". I did not have much success with this method, but you might.

What to do in your dream
Here are some ideas you can try in your lucid dream:

- Create a big city and fly over it.
- Create surreal buildings and structures.
- Jump into the universe.
- Summon your most hated person and kamehameha him the fuck out of this world.
- Create your own adventure.
- I know you want to do dirty stuff, you perv. But you will probably wake up, when you are going to try it #ScumbagBrain
- Be god of your own universe.
- Be a shinigami and go through your city hunting hollows and shit!
- Sit on a pc and play TF2, yolo! (actually don't do that...)
- Imagine friends
372932_459599090721432_937744139_q.jpg

Your turn

Have you ever tried it?
What did you do in your dream?
Tell me your experiences.

Sleep Paralysis Section

Sleep Paralysis is mostly used to cause a WILD (Wake Induced Lucid Dream) and this is one of the more.. Difficult ways, but is the most sensational. You feel many insane things by doing it this way and it's hard to explain what you see and feel.. Just gotta try it

How do you guys feel about sleep paralysis?

Have you ever gone through it?

Do you enjoy it or can you not handle it?

This is the type of stuff you'd see during sleep paralysis, but in real time when you were going through it

8dd0caf463.jpg

I personally put myself through sleep paralysis on purpose because it's extremely exciting, but sometimes I have trouble falling asleep for a night or two and it gives me a restless look all day, but I always have a ton of fun when I do it

Spoiler: How to do it
Make sure the only lighting you have in your room is soft lighting, no bright lighting and keep your eyes closed
  • Lie down on your back with your hands to your sides, do NOT move
  • You will feel sensations such as having to scratch something, needing to cough, needing to blink, needing to move at all, you MUST ignore it, literally do nothing
  • Make sure your breathing is steady, don't speed up unless you need to stop
  • You'll have to do this for about 20 minutes and after sometimes is where things get difficult
  • You'll start to have troubles breathing normally, or so you think. You will have a feeling that someone is putting a super super heavy blanket on top of you and it will start at the lower part of your body and go to your head over and over again, don't worry or flip out. Your breathing is normal, your body is just falling asleep while your brain is awake
  • After you feel like you cannot breath, you'll start to hallucinate and the more you do this the more hallucinating you'll do
i-Dosers

So I've only recently heard about these types of things, but apparently it's the best of both worlds when it comes to sleep paralysis and lucid dreaming. What it does is it will play a set of sound waves to alter how your brain is functioning. There's i-Dosers that will make you feel high, hungry.. Horny (Yeah, it's real) and sometimes even horrified.

They don't actually damage your brain in any way, it's a phenomenon that I'm still learning better myself. These are the steps you need to follow when using an i-Doser

• Lay down in your most comfortable place, make sure that the place you're in isn't too cold
  • Place a pair of headphones/earbuds on and turn the volume up all the way or at least 75% full volume
  • Place a towel or blanket over your face, this is kinda an important part for some reason
  • Play the i-Doser and let your brain do it's thing
Here's a few i-Dosers I found for you guys to try and maybe take a quick listen to without actually doing it until you're ready. Remember, if you're distracted these really won't work. Also, don't ever try the i-Doser called "Gates of Hades" :(:(

Please leave any feedback or criticism below, also @goobypls wished for me to post this ASAP :p

F&Q:

Q: What if I keep on trying and it doesn't work? I've done all the steps and it's still not working
A: It's never guaranteed to work, everyone is different and you'll achieve what you want at different paces

Q: How long have you been trying this type of stuff?
A: Since about 2011, when someone from a different place on the internet introduced me to Sleep Paralysis

Q: This is some edgy and gay shit, faggot
A: lol

TheDeadlyHaze

Monkey
Nebulae
Also if you want to know the worst part of Gates Of Hades, skip to 22 minutes in. Edgy shit.

Dunjam

ae
B A N N E D
Nebulae
what is gates of hades meant to be it just sounds like tanaris wow soundtrack

TheDeadlyHaze

Monkey
Nebulae
what is gates of hades meant to be it just sounds like tanaris wow soundtrack
It's binaural beats, it's supposed to make you feel different types of things. Usually it's the feeling of being watched, someone touching you, etc. and it really depends on the person. I've heard that it doesn't effect some people, but typically it strikes people with something more than just an annoying noise

LatvianViking

Proton
Nebulae
I've experienced lucid dreaming from time to time, however I usually was scared of what was happening irl while I was sleeping or I was afraid to get stuck or smth, so I woke up after praying, pretty interesting.
I still experience sleeping paralysis from time to time, but I've never seen any monsters or anything, mainly because my eyes are usually shut when experiencing sleep paralysis.

Zomba

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Man, sleep paralysis is fucking crazy lol its so scary

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
Ive read about this stuff years ago but most of the techniques never really worked for me. I tend to have lucid dreams randomly and sporadically. Sometimes my dreams are crazy fucking batshit not for the content but because some of the things I dream are abstracts of what happen to me in the future. I tend to only remember those lucid dreams when said thing happens.

For example I was dreaming of a horror movie-esque woman with black shading over her body that made her look like a hovering shade in a gym with a basketball hoop behind her. I never truly thought much of it but a month later I was in school and a girl from the female part of the class walked past me and she was in the SAME PLACEMENT as my dream; right behind a basketball net in a gym setting with the only difference being that there was no shade anymore. I only remembered that dream right at that moment and had this weird af deja vu moment.

And then I just shook it off. Sometimes I wonder if my mind just thinks up a thousand coincidences within my dreams but I only remember dreaming the specific one my mind wants me to remember when it see's said coincidence happen in real time.

Grau

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
im going to do the Gates of Hades shit I want to know if it works

LatvianViking

Proton
Nebulae
Ive read about this stuff years ago but most of the techniques never really worked for me. I tend to have lucid dreams randomly and sporadically. Sometimes my dreams are crazy fucking batshit not for the content but because some of the things I dream are abstracts of what happen to me in the future. I tend to only remember those lucid dreams when said thing happens.

For example I was dreaming of a horror movie-esque woman with black shading over her body that made her look like a hovering shade in a gym with a basketball hoop behind her. I never truly thought much of it but a month later I was in school and a girl from the female part of the class walked past me and she was in the SAME PLACEMENT as my dream; right behind a basketball net in a gym setting with the only difference being that there was no shade anymore. I only remembered that dream right at that moment and had this weird af deja vu moment.

And then I just shook it off. Sometimes I wonder if my mind just thinks up a thousand coincidences within my dreams but I only remember dreaming the specific one my mind wants me to remember when it see's said coincidence happen in real time.
There is a posibility that that didn't really happen in your dream, but once that happened in your life, your brain changed your memory slightly and you remembered that you had a similar dream.

Reactions: List

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
There is a posibility that that didn't really happen in your dream, but once that happened in your life, your brain changed your memory slightly and you remembered that you had a similar dream.

Possible.

Its happened enough times already that it has me spooked since it happens randomly without any sort of patterns.

LatvianViking

Proton
Nebulae
Possible.

Its happened enough times already that it has me spooked since it happens randomly without any sort of patterns.
The thing about mind tricks, it is really interesting. I have OCD and when I get some thoughts that cause me a lot of anxiety, like ''What if I had traveled to a similar dimension where everything is similar?'' Thoughts like these provoke anxiety in me and this anxiety causes me to think weird shit. Like, I started to analyse behaviours of people I know and with my increased anxiety, my brain started playing real tricks. Like, I felt like the person was completely different, their behaviour had changed and I actually believed it. That was scary af, but I got out of it, later realising that it was simply OCD and me paying too much attention to the point I started imagining shit that wasn't real.

Reactions: List

Shadow Flex

Nucleus
Nebulae
Guys, keep in mind that learning to lucid dream can take anywhere from 1 day to a year. It varies heavily from person to person. You need to be really consistent in your practice of the various techniques and do them regularly. The more you practice, the faster you will reach lucidity.

It helps to be good at meditation, as most of the techniques revolve around full body relaxation. If one cannot achieve it, there's no hope for him to ever reach lucidity voluntarily. There's a ton of information on the internet regarding this topic. Hell, even ancient Buddhists practiced it and were very successful.
[doublepost=1464037984][/doublepost]Oh, and regarding sleep paralysis, its not always terrifying. It depends entirely on the things you are thinking about at the time of the paralysis. If your mind is clear, then you will not see any "hooded men".