this what im imagining the game b like

anyway imma wait for this price to drop on this one probably

Reactions: List

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
You do actually deliver pizza at one point
reconnecting and saving america one pizza at a time?

anyway i rarely buy ps4 games, probably gonna wait for last of us 2 instead

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
Death Stranding is yet another game that reminds me of how great Hideo Kojima is

the man is a legend in video game history

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
u all laughed when i said it but it still just looks like 70 mission of fetch quests with a shitty art-house ending

reply bans should exist for people who shit on a game they haven't played and aren't forming their criticism constructively

also im dling the game now fortunate my cousin and i have our playstations thing together cause he bought it digitally just so i can play

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
The
BT’s are fucking scary.

I’m not a bitch in games, a little girl in me take some parts over when it’s pretty fucking bad or tense/thriller like but I usually take other games in stride.

This one? A slouched man progressing through turns into a cowardly bitch when they show up, goddamn.

Zarail

Atom
Nebulae
Thinking of getting it for my PS4.
For those who have played it, what are its pros/cons and is there anything else I should know?

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Thinking of getting it for my PS4.
For those who have played it, what are its pros/cons and is there anything else I should know?
its what happens when a person like kojima has no restrictions, can do whatever the hell he wants and with zero accountability

its really self-indulgent, highly detailed and extremely weird, although the story makes a lot more sense once you are a bit further into the game

also you know those games people jokingly call walking simulators? this game is a walking simulator, without the joking part

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
its what happens when a person like kojima has no restrictions, can do whatever the hell he wants and with zero accountability

its really self-indulgent, highly detailed and extremely weird, although the story makes a lot more sense once you are a bit further into the game

also you know those games people jokingly call walking simulators? this game is a walking simulator, without the joking part
I've consistently enjoyed the gameplay - it has enough interesting mechanics to keep it from being a "push the analog stick forward to progress" kind of game. If you don't have any patience and want fast-paced action for days then this isn't the game for you. Story is captivating and the game is dripping with atmosphere

Easy goty 2019 from me
[doublepost=1573470390][/doublepost]
The
BT’s are fucking scary.

I’m not a bitch in games, a little girl in me take some parts over when it’s pretty fucking bad or tense/thriller like but I usually take other games in stride.

This one? A slouched man progressing through turns into a cowardly bitch when they show up, goddamn.
feel the Oil

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I've consistently enjoyed the gameplay - it has enough interesting mechanics to keep it from being a "push the analog stick forward to progress" kind of game. If you don't have any patience and want fast-paced action for days then this isn't the game for you. Story is captivating and the game is dripping with atmosphere

Easy goty 2019 from me
I don't find having to fight tedious "don't fall over" mechanics interesting, personally. Artistically the game is fantastic, don't get me wrong, and art direction is great as well. Lots of small details that culminate into one big great atmospheric experience.

But the base game itself is literally just moving from point A to B while fighting balance mechanics, thirst mechanics sprinkled with some other stuff while having some intermissions of (strange) stuff happening in-between.

I really wanted to like this game. I like the art direction, what they're trying to do with the story but it's just not for me. I will concede that it's a extremely well crafted game but that's where it stops for me, personally.

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
[doublepost=1573473190][/doublepost]
I don't find having to fight tedious "don't fall over" mechanics interesting, personally. Artistically the game is fantastic, don't get me wrong, and art direction is great as well. Lots of small details that culminate into one big great atmospheric experience.

But the base game itself is literally just moving from point A to B while fighting balance mechanics, thirst mechanics sprinkled with some other stuff while having some intermissions of (strange) stuff happening in-between.

I really wanted to like this game. I like the art direction, what they're trying to do with the story but it's just not for me. I will concede that it's a extremely well crafted game but that's where it stops for me, personally.
I disagree, the gameplay is a calm.snd relaxing vehicle for the story and the gameplay isn't just getting from a to b

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
[doublepost=1573473190][/doublepost]
I disagree, the gameplay is a calm.snd relaxing vehicle for the story and the gameplay isn't just getting from a to b

The majority of it is, at least thats what it feels like to me personally

I understand why some may like it but I just dont