[Discussion] If true AI were to be created, should they be considered human?

Should a real AI be considered a human?

• Yes

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • No

Votes: 41 83.7%
  • True AI = Fuckin' Terminator

Votes: 5 10.2%

• Total voters

overki11

Electron
Nebulae
If a true artificial intelligence was created, should it be considered a human? I saw a video on this recently and I thought it was interesting. Tell me your thoughts.

Reactions: List

overki11

Electron
Nebulae
Have you never heard of Tay?

Microsoft made an AI and made it so that it would be influenced by other people

Within 24 hours she became a neo-nazi and a conspiracy theorist
That's not "true ai". True AI can learn from any observation, having conversations with people, truly comprehend things, basically an artificial human. Tay isn't an AI, Tay is an advanced algorithm.

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
no

F959FD01F3D217472E07535D23C3BAFE580B9F0F

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
That's not "true ai". True AI can learn from any observation, having conversations with people, truly comprehend things, basically an artificial human. Tay isn't an AI, Tay is an advanced algorithm.
So... Singularity?

Nebulae
I think the best possible idea is not to make one, honestly. If Sci-Fi has taught me anything, is that they're way too fucking dangerous because of their intelligence.

overki11

Electron
Nebulae
My dog's pretty smart, he learns shit

Still don't call him a human though
Yet you don't make your dog slave away at tasks that he can do in his mental level. If we created an AI, and made them slave away at advanced calculations trying to make the cure for cancer or some shit because we don't label them as human, then why not do the same for everything that isn't human?

Just points to consider.

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
An Ai is a machine and a machine is a tool, however if an AI would be smart enough to become self-conscient and reach a level of intelligence comparable, if not superior, to an average human being it will probably decide to eliminate the human race because it would logically deem it noxious and self-destructive or abduct all humans and put them on drug-induced coma in order to prevent them from doing any more damage but without killing them (again the more logical way to end human sufferences) or set up a control-centered fascist state in which humans are threated like animals.

anotherninja1

Proton
Nebulae
"wheres the AI human rights?"
"fair pay for AI human workers!"
"AIs are humans too!"

Nebulae
Didnt we have a thread like this earlier?

Anyway, no. Robots/Ai's are not human. If they are not born and are not flesh and blood they aren't human, it's simple. They should not have the same rights as humans aswell, it's a machine.
But I can bet good money that PC folks will protest for robot rigths if that becomes a thing.

PEGG LEGG

Electron
Nebulae
If it's not flesh and blood it's not human. You'd still see a bunch of far left idiots trying to fight for equal rights for them, and after a while they would be deemed fit to live normally among humans under the title of 'acceptance.'