I keep my ArmA 3 and Gmod up to date jin the hopes that this happens
I dont event play those anymore
would kill for some wholesome ww3rp again though
its been so long man

Reactions: List

SpaceInvader

Dutch Ally.
Nebulae
I am going to be just be giving my opinion and why WW3RP worked for me all those years ago and why I played it for a long time.
The biggest reason I played WW3RP wasn't for the RP wasn't for the S2K. It was for it's community. I know a lot of people will probally hate when I say this but I loved Teamspeak and I loved the Memethread. It was like having the same hobby as all these other people you didn't actually know but you could just connect and talk about it constantly. That's why the old WW3RP's worked for me. However these things became taboo as the days went on. Everybody was more in it for memes and jokes then it was actually doing the important roles that needed to be done as well. Such as training recruits etc. I loved having a military police character for that specific reason. I felt like I was getting an important task with that would give me something different to do when on NLR or when the server was low pop. It's not like I didn't always enjoy roleplay. I just liked WW3RP for it's diversity. I could choose what I wanted to do. I could go on patrol when I wanted to game. Or RP when I wanted to relax. Or hang out on discord / the forums to talk about the gamemode and the current affairs. That made me feel really engaged to the people around me.

I am always up for bringing WW3RP back. I'll probally enjoy it if it comes back just the way it used to be. I am one of those loyal players after all. Stasiland back then wasn't for me. I felt like there were to many restrictions and way less freedom then what WW3RP had. However the thing I still enjoyed out of stasiland was the teamspeak and the forums. I loved going on and checking the memethread with screenshots / videos about the server. And I also loved talking to other people about current events on the actual server. However it felt like it was way less frequent that something exiting happend.

So in my opinion bring back WW3RP Yes but let your playerbase be a little bit hard to deal with it. Don't take away the memethread because some people can't handle taking a Roleplay server to serious and don't take away people having like 10 man talking on teamspeak. Because if roleplay / LOOC is the only way to engage with my fellow players. I will lose intrest pretty fast.

I know a lot of people will probally hate this meme / circle jerk mentality. They did back in the day. But it's what kept me playing for so many hours and even if I wasn't online on the server. I was still reading a lot of posts on the forums during class to keep being engaged that way.

Just my 2 cents and what I felt was important to me. Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Reactions: List