Does anybody ever regret starting RP at all?

Jojo Manning

Proton
Nebulae
I know what you're probably thinking by the title, it's another one of those "xDD le social life gone!!" type threads, but this is a serious question. Have you ever regretted, or actually considered quitting RP? I kinda regret it tbh due to the fact of how time consuming it can be, and stressful as well. Like I've been RPing for 4 years, and it was just complete stress and time consumption in that huge period, due to loss of characters, or due to the fact every server I went on died within a month of me developing a char there. RP just feels dead and doesn't have that same feel it use to have, plus the RPing community is just pure fucking cancer due to all their edgy chars and shit, and how easy it is to piss some of them off, followed by drama too. I'm honestly considering quitting later this year, or early on next year. What do you think of RP?

Toasty

Roleplay Psychologist
Nebulae
"time consuming"
"stressful"
"cancer"
"drama"

all in all I really fucking hate this, and I'm considering to quit later this year, or early on next year.

if it gets to a point if pretending to be a character on gmod is stressful I think you should quit now

"im an alcoholic, and I am sick of being one... considering to quit later this year or next year"
all in all I think this is just one of this things that makes me believe that alot of the suicides out there are due to gmod roleplay

Kerim

Proton
Nebulae
i used to rp a fuckton back at LP for a year every day, after that year i left and never RPd again and i gotta say, i don't regret it

R40UL

Proton
Nebulae
I don't ever regret starting to play HL2RP, however I do regret starting to RP with someone from time to time because I become too lazy to type after a few minutes speaking.

Solitaire

Neutrino
Nebulae
Yeah I'm probably a prime example of the regretful sort when it comes to RP, as you said it's time consuming and stressful at times. I personally made the mistake of starting RP during my A Levels and as a result I found myself struggling with my studies to a point I was bunking school, not proud, I don't recommend it. So after my results presented themselves as a bit...squiffy in a word, I found myself wandering what to do with myself. So I worked as a minimum wage worker for 2 years before finally finding my calling, studying now as a Law student in University. But I do ultimately blame RP for my poor results in A Levels, but I was fortunate enough to kick myself into shape and get my shit together.

Moral of the story, Real Life should always be more important than your Role Play life, and I know just how hard it can be to separate the two.

Reactions: List

Codfather

Shit fuck
Nebulae
Roleplay has consumed me and it will soon consume you all.

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
its just another time waster and it barely affects my real life, i dont really care about discovering rp because if i hadnt discovered it another video game would have taken that place

Rengar

Atom
Nebulae
No bro, i fucking love RRRPPP seriously if you think rp is stressful your life must be too chill.. for me rp is relaxing and fun.

Last edited:

Codfather

Shit fuck
Nebulae
I'm not going to lie, roleplay really does increase your vocabulary, and even help you with the English language itself. Writing is actually a big thing for me and writing from a viewpoint with a sense of emotion can boost creativity IMO. It's versatile.

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
i gave up on rp now and enjoy my days of shitposting and meming
i am never going back on a serious rp server unless its for shits and giggles
or its ww3rp old lore reborn

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
not really

allowed me to develop my writing skills

and tbh, i like it. it's fun. i've made a lot of friends through it.

eldeos

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
remember children

its not too late, microwave your harddrives and get away from this cancerous tumour known as garrys mod