Donation stuff

goobypls

the best naked combatant
Nebulae
It's nice if you're thinking about it, would be even better if you suggested something, y'know. But we're working on it.

Also, lyut, let's not start a flame war in here.

Reactions: List

Jamie

Legion
Head Staff
Media Developer
Nebulae
We'll be getting the servers up before we even think about 'donation perks'

but I'm sure it will be similiar.

Jamie

Legion
Head Staff
Media Developer
Nebulae
Spend less time jerking off to your double long swords instead of coding and it'll be faster, famiglia.
Wouldn't have any progress even if I did spend less time 'Jerking off to my double long swords' I don't code. Nerd.

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
Wouldn't have any progress even if I did spend less time 'Jerking off to my double long swords' I don't code. Nerd.
Ok, then we can jerk off to the long swords and learn coding together.
Bonding activities are what keeps the community together ;)

Plankt0n

'dexterous'
Nebulae
the fact is i'd donate even 100€, but donator perks are D U M B

people should donate to keep the community they love up, not to gain advantages over others
This.

Would be nice with some alternative ways of showing your support without gaining an advantage in-game, sad though it's easier to get people to donate if they get something in return.

I would click that donate button right now if there were one to subscribe even without in-game perks.

lil a

is that buzz lightyear?
Nebulae
This.

Would be nice with some alternative ways of showing your support without gaining an advantage in-game, sad though it's easier to get people to donate if they get something in return.

I would click that donate button right now if there were one to subscribe even without in-game perks.
You know he is right when an arab rates agree.

Plankt0n

'dexterous'
Nebulae
You know he is right when an arab rates agree.
allahu akbar. a-am i ri-right? pls save me

VgwfjmB.gif

Jaf

Thanks, I hate it
Nebulae
I think the physgun & toolgun access being donator perks was pretty reasonable.
You can argue ethics all you want be it was a nice incentive to donate even if it's for the wrong reasons.

It's one of those things which were nice to have but not a need to have.

I'm not sure about bodygroups. I think everyone agrees that more model customization for everyone would be a good thing but at the same time I also see how it would be a pain in the ass for admins to customize every single character created.

Plankt0n

'dexterous'
Nebulae
I think the physgun & toolgun access being donator perks was pretty reasonable.
You can argue ethics all you want be it was a nice incentive to donate even if it's for the wrong reasons.

It's one of those things which were nice to have but not a need to have.

I'm not sure about bodygroups. I think everyone agrees that more model customization for everyone would be a good thing but at the same time I also see how it would be a pain in the ass for admins to customize every single character created.
Without an automated system for bodygroups, having it open for everyone is going to leave every SA with a PTSD within seconds. Been there done that.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
the fact is i'd donate even 100€, but donator perks are D U M B

people should donate to keep the community they love up, not to gain advantages over others

This is why I have never donated to Lemonpunch. I always figured so long as there are a bunch of dedicated donators and the servers are being maintained, I don't feel obligated to donate as the server is in no kind of peril/distress from being unable to support itself.

If I have the spare money to help keep a server I enjoy up and running and it needs help, sure I'll throw in a few dollars. The donator perks just take away from regular players by making features exclusive rather than for everyone who wants to enjoy all of a servers features.

PET flags should be applied for if you don't have gold member and given free if you do pay for gold (save an application). Bodygroups should be available to everyone. This is all depending on how far away we are trying to get away from the 'le happy merchant' mentality as a community.

cryptic

Proton
Nebulae
Without an automated system for bodygroups, having it open for everyone is going to leave every SA with a PTSD within seconds. Been there done that.
Afaik there is little difficulty tying bodygroups to items.