Donation stuff

Saggy

Electron
Nebulae
I think the physgun & toolgun access being donator perks was pretty reasonable.
You can argue ethics all you want be it was a nice incentive to donate even if it's for the wrong reasons.

In my honest opinion toolgun/physgun access should be given to trusted players, donating would give you more trust as you have money at stake so are less likely to do something which might warrant a ban or taking of flags. I've been staff on servers where such systems were in place, relying on donations because people like the server and we got enough to keep the server sustained. I then left when I found out the owner was spending donation money on cs:go skins, and sold his car to buy cs:go skins.

I'm not sure about bodygroups. I think everyone agrees that more model customization for everyone would be a good thing but at the same time I also see how it would be a pain in the ass for admins to customize every single character created.

I'm pretty sure the developers at LemonPunch were working on making a script which would be equipped and changes a players bodygroup to add beanies, gloves and different clothes. That could be implemented to stop the hassle of staff.

Plankt0n

'dexterous'
Nebulae
I'm afraid it's not that easy, body groups are set using a specific command, we talked to @alex about this over at LP a while back when I were SD for HL2RP, making it so it's possible to do this on character creation screen, I think he said that it's not possible.

Twar

The truth is out there
Nebulae
If we have donations we shouldn't have specific amounts, let people give whatever they can spare if they want to at all.
I would of donated much quicker at LP if it wasn't £10.

Reactions: List

cryptic

Proton
Nebulae
I'm afraid it's not that easy, body groups are set using a specific command, we talked to @alex about this over at LP a while back when I were SD for HL2RP, making it so it's possible to do this on character creation screen, I think he said that it's not possible.
Yeah I guess it's not easy but definitely possible.

Plankt0n

'dexterous'
Nebulae
If we have donations we shouldn't have specific amounts, let people give whatever they can spare if they want to at all.
Could perhaps be two different kind of donation options. One called 'Donator' that's tied to the gameservers, with PET flags or what not with a fixed £ amount, and one called 'Supporter' with it's own banner that only gives you the banner and a different forum name color perhaps that doesn't require a fixed amount of £, just there to show support. (Maybe a min fee of 1-10$m to avoid 000.1 donations.

I don't know, I bet the community management will figure something out. :)

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae

This, this so fucking much
It's a donation, not a store
Donations are to support a community, not to receive perks, and besides, any money can help, so why limit it? Even if it's as small as a pound, it still helps. Let people donate the amount they want, not the amount demanded.

Twar

The truth is out there
Nebulae
Could perhaps be two different kind of donation options. One called 'Donator' that's tied to the gameservers, with PET flags or what not with a fixed £ amount, and one called 'Supporter' with it's own banner that only gives you the banner and a different forum name color perhaps that doesn't require a fixed amount of £, just there to show support. (Maybe a min fee of 1-10$m to avoid 000.1 donations.

I don't know, I bet the community management will figure something out. :)
Could have a few levels to it if we were doing ingame shit, like how LP had silver and gold.
£1-£4.99= 1 level
£5.00+= 2 level
Only IF it is decided to give out ingame stuff for it
But yes let people donate how much they want, but no silly 0.01 donations for the banner. People like to get something in return, so a banner and color change could do. Could also give them the signature thing or choose their own title. People like little things that make them feel like special snowflakes.

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
I'm pretty sure the developers at LemonPunch were working on making a script which would be equipped and changes a players bodygroup to add beanies, gloves and different clothes. That could be implemented to stop the hassle of staff.
i think i've seen that on another server where you could just go up to a vendor, choose the bodygroups you wanted and it would set them

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Donate any amount. Seriously, just do that.

Don't force people to donate $9 each month for some perks they may never use.

Some rich fuckers could donate hundreds, but as @Finlay3110 proved, it took him several years to reach that amount.

Some poor people could only be able to donate what's on hand, a fiver or so.

Applying for PET is a good idea if managed properly. It'd need to be a pretty tricky application to pass since you can hold the fate of the Server's crashed status in your hands if you start spawning lights on a skull and welding them together.

Any bans and your PET chances should divebomb until it's shown that you can handle following rules before given any responsibility with them.

Signatures, really, who cares about donating for signatures? No one donates just for a signature. They really should just be free for all, so everyone here is equally unique and the same in different ways. All with signatures, all different signatures.

And donating for tokens. Ew. That's just skipping character development to gain an advantage over others. Donate long enough, and you end up with @harry's Simeon all over again, loaded to the brim with tokens and fuck-all to do with them besides give them to rebels and make them more overpowered until some admin has to do /event and then a bomb drops on the rebel kill squad loaded with AR2's and Crossbows.

AND NO DONATING FOR WHITELISTS.

pudsey

Electron
Nebulae
oh, right
i dont think it was tnb, it mightve been combine control because i remember seeing people walking around with custom bodygroups in that

combine control isn't clockwork.
clockwork is more complicated than that.

TheRobsterDJ

Nucleus
Nebulae
A patreon page would be nice. I'd gladly donate a particular sum of money to the community for nothing whatsoever.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
oh, right
i dont think it was tnb, it mightve been combine control because i remember seeing people walking around with custom bodygroups in that

You may be talking about Relentless Gaming, they use custom-coded bodygroups that allow you to wear bandanas, hats, jackets, jeans, etc.

Even has CP bodygroup scripts, so CP's can remove their in game helmet and have their citizen face shown.

Good for NexusRP.