Serious Dreams

• Thread starter Deleted member 4795
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4795

Dreams are hell of a thing. Almost everybody experiences them and they're something that I myself get a lot of enjoyment out of talking about. This thread is dedicated to sharing dreams and trying to interpret what they mean. You can post about a dream that you recently had or one that you have a memory of that you would like to share. I've got a very interesting one to get us started.

I've had this dream a couple of times now but it started when I was really young. I find myself in this large body of water adjacent to a nearby bridge as a sunset occurs in the backdrop. There are what appear to be oil rigs in the background for some unknown reason. But what really freaks me out and makes this dream so memorable is that out of nowhere this big ass ventriloquist dummy head comes out of the water. The thing is like the size of a small building but it keeps getting bigger and rising out of the water. Some variations of the dream have me in a boat while others just have me floating in the water all by myself. Sometimes the dream really freaks me out because of the nature of everything that's occurring, but sometimes it makes me think about my life as a whole and what it means. The significance of the ventriloquist dummy being present in the water actually harkens back to an interest I had in my childhood. I stumbled across an old JCPenney magazine from the late 90s and it had a photo of a Howdy Doody puppet in the children's section of the magazine and I always through it was really neat. So the reason for the ventriloquist dummy being there is pretty self-explanatory but why it's in such a large body of water and why during a sunset of all places I have no idea.

Maybe it means something, or maybe it means nothing I'm not too sure. I was farting around in Photoshop attempting to create a visualization of what it felt like and this is about as close as I could get. Actually pretty accurate for what I actually saw in my dream except for the fact that obviously the rising of the head in the water felt a lot more thematic and overwhelming to my small size.

BUbmwZN.jpg

Reactions: List

abcdefg

Atom
Nebulae
i get that this is a serious post expecting serious replies, but that fucking image is so hilarious it looks like a shitpost

D

Deleted member 3818

Sometimes, I dream about living in an RV out in the deserts of new mexico

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
anyone else record their dreams?

i started doing it a while back as a part of a lucid dreaming type thing, supposedly meant to help you spot 'dream signs' or whatever, but all i ended up finding is that i have semi-frequent nightmares, random nonsensical stuff vaguely tying back to old memories, and a concerning number of geralds modification event plotlines

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

i started doing it a while back as a part of a lucid dreaming type thing, supposedly meant to help you spot 'dream signs' or whatever, but all i ended up finding is that i have semi-frequent nightmares, random nonsensical stuff vaguely tying back to old memories, and a concerning number of geralds modification event plotlines
sometimes when i wake up and i’m still half asleep. i think how do i /me getting out of bed, sometimes when i zone out i try look at my inventory, this game really has took over my life

SleepyMode

woah
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
sometimes when i wake up and i’m still half asleep. i think how do i /me getting out of bed, sometimes when i zone out i try look at my inventory, this game really has took over my life
I think at that point you might as well just embrace it

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
ive had dreams where i experience something, (Sometimes) completely forget about it and then randomly like months or even years later experience it again

ive had dreams about hl2rp before i even started playing it, and then randomly just experience it and go ‘holy shit’ In the moment

ive had dreams about places i havent heard of or been to, then i visit that place and experience it

i had a dream of saying hi to a friends mom while she was eating a while back while visiting him, happened and i had the same feeling (Very specific but it comes to mind)

Its a very “undescribable” feeling that i guess would be deja vu? people have experienced the same stuff as me and im pretty sure someone on neb has as well

i know its something to do with your brain freaking out and experiencing false memories/connecting the dots between similar events but sometimes that shit can get weird

D

Deleted member 243

oh weird, its working fine for me. i've been having regular lucid dreams about anything really.

last night i dreamt about some girl i never event met. brown hair, curly. nothing coomer tier though.

i'm just really lonely and find solace only when i sleep

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae
I used to dream a lot 6 years ago
nowadays its emptiness
and if I do dream something it is the weirdest experience

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae
how much actual uninterrupted sleep are you getting fam
in the week, like 7-9
outside of week, 10-12
school will forever fuck my schedule up
Sleeping from 11pm on average til 6am, does terrible things

GenericPlayer

Nebulae
in the week, like 7-9
outside of week, 10-12
school will forever fuck my schedule up
Sleeping from 11pm on average til 6am, does terrible things
well, you're getting enough hours, but that is a very fucky schedule

if your sleep cycle is getting messed with, you're gonna have problems my man

do you take any caffeine within six hours before sleep?

D

Deleted member 22

i've been having this recurring dream, it happened again last night, i was walking through the halls of the school i used to go to, and i was asking various people who i would talk to regularly and was friends with if they wanted to hang out, and I went through 20 of them and each one would say they couldnt and gave some excuse

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae
well, you're getting enough hours, but that is a very fucky schedule

if your sleep cycle is getting messed with, you're gonna have problems my man

do you take any caffeine within six hours before sleep?
the only daily caffeine intake is my morning coffee, nothing else afterwards

GenericPlayer

Nebulae
the only daily caffeine intake is my morning coffee, nothing else afterwards
weird, you should be having some kind of dream if your NREM/REM cycle isn't being interrupted

i guess so long as you're still feeling rested then you're good, but if you're waking up and you're still tired then your cycle is probably being interrupted by something, but I'm no doctor so I ain't sure what could be causing that if not caffeine/environmental influences

also im a little retarded and misread that as 11am to 6pm, your schedule's alright, but my dumbass being awake at 2am sure as hell aint

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae
weird, you should be having some kind of dream if your NREM/REM cycle isn't being interrupted

i guess so long as you're still feeling rested then you're good, but if you're waking up and you're still tired then your cycle is probably being interrupted by something, but I'm no doctor so I ain't sure what could be causing that if not caffeine/environmental influences

also im a little retarded and misread that as 11am to 6pm, your schedule's alright, but my dumbass being awake at 2am sure as hell aint
yeah im feeling all well the day after no problem
its just that distinct lack of dreams that gets to me
The only other incident I can think of which could have been was the trauma after my ex broke up with me, which still sticks to me after 2-3 years now
but I seriously hope that this is not the actual cause behind this

D

Deleted member 3818

ive had dreams where i experience something, (Sometimes) completely forget about it and then randomly like months or even years later experience it again

ive had dreams about hl2rp before i even started playing it, and then randomly just experience it and go ‘holy shit’ In the moment

ive had dreams about places i havent heard of or been to, then i visit that place and experience it

i had a dream of saying hi to a friends mom while she was eating a while back while visiting him, happened and i had the same feeling (Very specific but it comes to mind)

Its a very “undescribable” feeling that i guess would be deja vu? people have experienced the same stuff as me and im pretty sure someone on neb has as well

i know its something to do with your brain freaking out and experiencing false memories/connecting the dots between similar events but sometimes that shit can get weird

My brother was literally talking to me about getting this sort of thing yesterday. there probably is some kind of psychological phenomenon to explain it, but it is interesting to think of the possibility that maybe there's some sort of deeper spiritual/mystical element behind it.

Hex: Fatty

ondi
Nebulae

Dreams are hell of a thing. Almost everybody experiences them and they're something that I myself get a lot of enjoyment out of talking about. This thread is dedicated to sharing dreams and trying to interpret what they mean. You can post about a dream that you recently had or one that you have a memory of that you would like to share. I've got a very interesting one to get us started.

I've had this dream a couple of times now but it started when I was really young. I find myself in this large body of water adjacent to a nearby bridge as a sunset occurs in the backdrop. There are what appear to be oil rigs in the background for some unknown reason. But what really freaks me out and makes this dream so memorable is that out of nowhere this big ass ventriloquist dummy head comes out of the water. The thing is like the size of a small building but it keeps getting bigger and rising out of the water. Some variations of the dream have me in a boat while others just have me floating in the water all by myself. Sometimes the dream really freaks me out because of the nature of everything that's occurring, but sometimes it makes me think about my life as a whole and what it means. The significance of the ventriloquist dummy being present in the water actually harkens back to an interest I had in my childhood. I stumbled across an old JCPenney magazine from the late 90s and it had a photo of a Howdy Doody puppet in the children's section of the magazine and I always through it was really neat. So the reason for the ventriloquist dummy being there is pretty self-explanatory but why it's in such a large body of water and why during a sunset of all places I have no idea.

Maybe it means something, or maybe it means nothing I'm not too sure. I was farting around in Photoshop attempting to create a visualization of what it felt like and this is about as close as I could get. Actually pretty accurate for what I actually saw in my dream except for the fact that obviously the rising of the head in the water felt a lot more thematic and overwhelming to my small size.

BUbmwZN.jpg

the worst dream i had, is that i was being chased by kermit the frog. no im not joking lol