E3 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
For those that missed it

I'm absolutely confused on how all of this modern technology/understanding could possibly tie in with some random skeleton legion armed with WW2 equipment on a crusade to seemingly kidnap all the world's children.

Hideo better not pull an MGS2 ruse-cruise on us.

Cyberpunk 2077 owned E3

Meanwhile a ton of people are complaining that it's not 'Bladerunner' enough to be worthy of calling itself Cyberpunk.

Reactions: List

DoubleD

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Meanwhile a ton of people are complaining that it's not 'Bladerunner' enough to be worthy of calling itself Cyberpunk.
mfw people comparing it to Bladerunner

they don't know shit about the franchise and probably never heard of it until a month before E3 lmao

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I'm absolutely confused on how all of this modern technology/understanding could possibly tie in with some random skeleton legion armed with WW2 equipment on a crusade to seemingly kidnap all the world's children.
Sony gave Hideo a computer and a bag of acid tablets and locked him in a room for several years

DoubleD

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
DfdNDDOVQAAi9gS.jpg

you know I had to invert it to em

viomi

just another slut don't mind me
Nebulae
Okay but Cyberpunk 2077 is FUCKING FINALLY coming
[doublepost=1528786320][/doublepost]
cries because cyberpunk 2077 looks more cyberpunk by miles than blade runner

zoid

dispatch guy
Nebulae
That’s cause it’s not Blade Runner.

Cyberpunk 2077 is a sequel/continuation of this universe.
Feel free to read up on it if you want some info into what 2077 will most likely contain.

Cyberpunk 2020, as the name implies, takes place in the year 2020. The game's default setting is the fictional Night City, a city of five million people on the west coast of the United States located between Los Angeles and San Francisco. It is described as being near San Jose but the map puts it closer to Monterey. Later supplements to the game have contained information about the rest of the US and the world.

Following a vast socio-economical collapse and a period of martial law, the United States government has had to rely on several megacorporations to survive. This has given them a veritable carte blanche to operate as they will.

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
That’s cause it’s not Blade Runner.

Cyberpunk 2077 is a sequel/continuation of this universe.
Feel free to read up on it if you want some info into what 2077 will most likely contain.
is there a browser version of this or something similar to play this today

viomi

just another slut don't mind me
Nebulae
A browser version of this?

It's a tabletop RPG, like D&D.

I used to play it weekly with my friends, my favorite tabletop of all time. A lot of fun. We had an assassin chick with a robotic snake whip as her tongue that would get hired as a prostitute by the person she wanted to kill and then tongue his brains out. Shit is crazy.

https://roll20.net/ is pretty okay for playing tabletops with your friends. over the internet, if that's what you mean by a browser version.

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
A browser version of this?

It's a tabletop RPG, like DND.

I used to play it weekly with my friends, my favorite tabletop of all time. A lot of fun. We had an assassin chick with a robotic snake whip as her tongue that would get hired as a prostitute by the person she wanted to kill and then tongue his brains out. Shit is crazy.

https://roll20.net/ is pretty okay for playing tabletops with your friends.
none of my friends in real life would ever be interested in playing this which is why i was asking, ive gone over it in the pass and have been curious

zoid

dispatch guy
Nebulae
No, it was only a board game like DnD.

Still, read up on Cyberpunk 2020 info on the internet. It has a ton of informational documents that will surely relate to 2077 if you’re interested. Things like cyber ware, mega corps, and Night City itself.

EDIT: Also, https://cyberpunk.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_(CP2020)

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
All I wanted, and I got it. Only took them like... three years since announcing it.

The other trailer confirms the fact that they'll likely include the bonus game from the original staring HUNK, which is great.

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
Todd Howard: “You cannot. You will see, even if you’re playing by yourself doing quests, you will see other players. Um, and you can interact with them, you can ignore them, because there is a quest line. One of the main things that I saw feedback was, when we say there—there are no NPCs, okay, so that’s one of the big differences that we really leaned on, which is, every human, every character you see is a real person, but there are still robots and terminals and holotapes. So if you see a lot of the quests we do in Fallout 4 that are kind of this found world quest thing, we still do all of that. But then, so if you sort of picture doing those quests or you watch someone play Fallout 4, it’s like that, but then, as opposed to running into a gang of raiders, those are real players.”

So, without non-enemy npcs does that means there will be no quests other than "Kill that thing"? No factions? No story? Will Charisma even be worth anything here?

Status
Not open for further replies.