Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
godric

7bwuuvU.jpg

Reactions: List

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
i am a fool i didnt know this was from the same guys as the souls series and i didnt know the devs of the souls series was japanese

walgreens

Electron
Nebulae
bit disappointed its leaning more into souls-like combat than sekiro, but it still looks fun

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae
so basically, it has most of it's titles defining and refined features:

World consistency
Combat features from Sekiro (Guard poise) DS2 (Powerstance) DS1 (Armor Poise)
Spellcasting
Dungeons from Bloodborne
stunning fidelity for effects and variety
non-interrupted co-op (yes look at the video above)
P A R K O U R
l o r e

excited but I don't think my pc will be able to run it
it just doesn't seem possible
I'd rather wait for the PS5 and avoid possible cheaters altogether

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
God, what shit tastes, but you know, opinions and all that. What can you expect from twitter
See the issue of difficulty and accessibility is an interesting one to me because on the one hand, anyone should be able to experience a game regardless of how long they can dedicate to playing it and such. I often hear the argument about this stuff from people who work for long period at a time and have little free time and stuff like that. Not being able to advance can feel frustrating to ones experience

However, if overcoming those barriers is part of what makes the game such a unique experience in the first place or it's integral to the game itself then I don't think developers or the game director should compromise on their vision, if that's how they feel.

Personally the main reason why the souls games and their difficulty were praised so highly is because when they came out, games had become way too easy and most were afraid to actually sit the player down and say "learn how to get past this or you can't proceed".

That's why I became fasincated with the series myself aside from the atmosphere, the weird way of storytelling and just the overall the sense that when I beat a boss, I did it because I got better and learned - not because I turned a difficulty slider down.

Besides, these games do have an 'easy' mode. There's the wikis, the people who figure out cheese tactics (Like spamming lightning in DS2 or the Black Knight sword in DS1).

D

Deleted member 7099

Me Pre Order Elder Ring And Me Wait To Play It. Me preloaded it. Smiley face...

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae

same was said about cyberpunk

while im hype for the game, im still trying to lower my expectations

battlefield, cyberpunk and the other trash big AAA games taught me not to be hyped anymore, regardless of which studio makes the game