Damn the new Ghost of Tsushima is lit

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
i like the game so far
ive gotten up to the big gate thing with the camp outside and beaten the two cave bosses + had a little look around on the hill
performance wise I've had a few slow downs from what I'm assuming is loading new areas but not stuttering, only had one stutter so far that lasted 1/4 second

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
tho im finding the horse combat to be infuriating

It is very janky sometimes, but unfortunately it is kinda necessary for some bosses, or at least it makes them easier. That said, I found out horse combat gets better depending on how long you do it and the type of weapon.

AND THE BOW DOESN'T SUCK!!!

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 7099

dish game suuuuuuuuuuuuuuux sponge bob game for ds a billion times better

Nebulae
Every souls style game minus sekiro and I guess bloodborne look identical
Okay so like Nov said if you hold this opinion Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas are the same game because they were made using the same engine, just like Half Life 2, Portal and TF2, the exact same games because they're essentially the same principal building blocks.

Elden Ring is completely different to basically every souls game so far and is in no way at all 'Dark Souls IV', the scope of the game far exceeds any of the previous titles, the details of the world are infinitely more rich and the combat is actually completely different to the original Dark Souls trilogy, I'd say it's much more comparable to Bloodborne, which itself is in no way a clone of Dark Souls either. Elden Ring is a culmination of everything Miyazaki and From have learnt over the last decade, to call it inspired is fine, but to call it an 'asset flip' or 'just another souls game' is disingenuous at best.

Reactions: List

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Okay so like Nov said if you hold this opinion Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas are the same game because they were made using the same engine, just like Half Life 2, Portal and TF2, the exact same games because they're essentially the same principal building blocks.

Elden Ring is completely different to basically every souls game so far and is in no way at all 'Dark Souls IV', the scope of the game far exceeds any of the previous titles, the details of the world are infinitely more rich and the combat is actually completely different to the original Dark Souls trilogy, I'd say it's much more comparable to Bloodborne, which itself is in no way a clone of Dark Souls either. Elden Ring is a culmination of everything Miyazaki and From have learnt over the last decade, to call it inspired is fine, but to call it an 'asset flip' or 'just another souls game' is disingenuous at best.
Yeah I mean that's one of the reasons I don't play cod and all either

I played dark souls 1 and 2, very quickly realized it was just going to be the same thing through the rest of the games then didn't pick up a new one. I couldn't distinguish demon souls from dark souls or elden ring from any of the other games despite it not even being the same world (I think I don't even actually know). I've said this opinion with some of my friends that are due hard fans of the series and they at least acknowledge that they are very, very similar games. To say they're all 'completely different' isn't really being entirely honest. Saying that I think all games under the same engine are the same is a bit of a stretch though, and you can obviously understand why that is