Escape From Tarkov

Grand

out of retirement
Nebulae
3Dp08gw.png
Nah dumb dumb dumb!

Cant make money without flea! Game ruined!

D

Deleted member 5162

hes right tho

level 20 flea is the best change this wipe
it's debatable really, i found that there's types of players who like the game with FM (Flea Market), or without it. People who could play tarkov without FM are mostly veterans and they like it because of nostalgia, hardcore and extra challenge, while people who don't really want to play tarkov without FM are pretty much new players who got used to playing with it. (me)

I made like 6 million overall by selling stuff to dealers, bought a scav junkbox to keep the items for flea market, but I still find it a bit unenjoyable to play Tarkov because I can't make cool guns, have cool-looking equipment or find the right items for my hideout upgrades. Though if I had max-level dealers and no flea market, it'd be kinda interesting

D

Deleted member 5162

4Vv64PC.jpg

you guys are making rubles?
do scav runs on reserve, loot the File Cabinets and PC Cases, check bunkers and the server rooms for expensive military tech
if you happened to find some Shoreline Resort keys, then you can do the dirty trick... Bring a pistol, run into the resort at midnight, open the doors and shove the expensive shit up into your ass called ''Secure Container''. LEDx are bought by therapist for 300k each

then buy decent gear from dealers and then die to scavs which are unusually deadly this wipe

repeat

Reactions: List

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
do scav runs on reserve, loot the File Cabinets and PC Cases, check bunkers and the server rooms for expensive military tech
if you happened to find some Shoreline Resort keys, then you can do the dirty trick... Bring a pistol, run into the resort at midnight, open the doors and shove the expensive shit up into your ass called ''Secure Container''. LEDx are bought by therapist for 300k each

then buy decent gear from dealers and then die to scavs which are unusually deadly this wipe

repeat
shit, i've been here just trying to grind quests (without the keys necessary because yeah) and running away from gunshots

thank you for the wisdom

Grand

out of retirement
Nebulae
People who could play tarkov without FM are mostly veterans and they like it because of nostalgia, hardcore and extra challenge, while people who don't really want to play tarkov without FM are pretty much new players who got used to playing with it. (me
I’ve played every wipe since release and I hate the changes to the flea. It’s not because we “need” the flea market, but because there litterally are no other reliable ways to earn roubles. You’re kinda forced into a hardcore setting where you need to actually use the gear you find in your raids (crazy right?). I just wanna chill with some tarkov and they’re turning it into what it was meant to be... a challenging game.

surra

Molecule
Nebulae
honestly making money is fucking pointless this wipe just go places that can get your hideout going or barter items there's no point finding and then selling ledxs to therapist so you can buy 3 million ps rounds for your baby sks, just hoard that till twenty then make big bucks, you can make do selling stuff you get off scavs and quest money to keep you rolling

And keep at least one for the quest lol

repeat

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
Flea Market level 20 has greatly prolonged the games early game, we still see PS ammo being used, we're still seeing PACAs and the like. And the game is so much more challenging. This time last wipe, you'd see Korund with Vector .45acp users.

D

Deleted member 5162

You can still encounter some dude with level 30-40 already, altyn on his head, Attack backpack on, hexgrid on his chest and a big fucking gun pointing at you. I can imagine they're having fun while the others suffer with SKS and are forced to get the quest item back again.

@surra You can hoard stuff yeah, but LEDx on the market currently costs 400k so you might as well as sell it to therapist for now.

P.S: You can google the item's name and put 'eft market' next to it and you'll find some cool websites that show their current prices. They might be inaccurate though, so don't rely on that 100%

P.P.S: Also, buy Lucky Scav junkbox and put your barter items into it while you wait for flea market. Really saves the space. @GenericPlayer

GenericPlayer

Nebulae
Difficulty is ok but that's not really what removing the flea market is doing. You're artificially extending the life of the game because you're making things like essential quest items scarce, and while sure scavenging is fun, having your progress locked behind hours and hours of scavenging (when you've got other things to do with your time) isn't fun.

The point of video games is to have fun. As a wise man once said, "If the game isn't fun, why bother?". Now those who have the time to scavenge non-stop and play raid after raid with good luck (or accumulated skill, either really) are gonna have a great time. But those who don't have the time, or god forbid those who are new to the game aren't gonna have fun, and they're gonna stop playing before they hit level 20. If the goal is longevity, this is a terrible strategy. Even barters don't really solve this because you're still relying on random spawns to give you the items necessary for the deal, which are inconsistent at the best of times.

In a couple months time I guarantee you, there's going to be less players. More-so than before the change, the difference between equipment and accessibility is going to be a big hamper on a new influx of players. If BSG really wants to go down this route, they should really add a Co-op PvE mode, because keeping this PvP whilst ignoring the fundamentals for 'competitive' play is going to end about as well as docking the Hindenburg.

Alternatively, you introduce lobbies for different level or equipped players, but Nikita already said he didn't want to do that because it brought the difficulty down so it's out of the question.

tl;dr new wipe is like old tarkov, old tarkov had less players because it wasn't accessible, new wipe will have less players because it's less accessible

GenericPlayer

Nebulae
Nikita once said that the game wasn’t meant to be fun, believe it or not.
I know, I get where he's coming from, but that's not how games work. Like Dark Souls isn't traditionally 'fun', but it's gratifying. Tarkov is gratifying too, but if features keep getting removed, and the difficulty goes up artificially, it stops being gratifying y'know? It becomes a slog.

D

Deleted member 5162

The point of video games is to have fun. As a wise man once said, "If the game isn't fun, why bother?". Now those who have the time to scavenge non-stop and play raid after raid with good luck (or accumulated skill, either really) are gonna have a great time. But those who don't have the time, or god forbid those who are new to the game aren't gonna have fun, and they're gonna stop playing before they hit level 20. If the goal is longevity, this is a terrible strategy. Even barters don't really solve this because you're still relying on random spawns to give you the items necessary for the deal, which are inconsistent at the best of times.
Well said. I only stayed on Tarkov as a noob at the beginning because of how everything was so interesting, lots of things to learn to get better at and extract with some interesting stuff. Unlocking Flea at level 15 made it even more interesting to me, and a little easier to play, which of course made it fun. Now that I know lots of stuff, Tarkov before Flea seems pretty boring as I grind to level 20.

also

I remember how I had this quest from Mechanic and he asked me to bring 3 GPU's. Sure, should be piss easy.
I started this quest at February, ended it at June 29th, day before wipe. Sums up quests that rely on RNG pretty well.[/QUOTE]

Grand

out of retirement
Nebulae
I know, I get where he's coming from, but that's not how games work. Like Dark Souls isn't traditionally 'fun', but it's gratifying. Tarkov is gratifying too, but if features keep getting removed, and the difficulty goes up artificially, it stops being gratifying y'know? It becomes a slog.
Exactly.

surra

Molecule
Nebulae
@surra You can hoard stuff yeah, but LEDx on the market currently costs 400k so you might as well as sell it to therapist for now.
bruh

i think the prices are fucked man military cable selling for 1 mil and shit

too little people on the flea so people just slam their dick on their keyboards and see what number comes up to sell it, i wouldnt trust it too much and i probs wont sell my stuff the moment i open up flea