News FINIS CORONAT OPUS - 2021-09-03

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
1. Large rebel groups -- and to some extent, conscript groups as well -- need to be accommodating to new players. There have been countless failed Outlands servers that stagnate because two or three isolated groups sit on opposite ends of the map and only roleplay with each other until they eventually stop getting on. New players should be able to find a settlement and join it without being told to fuck off.
we've got express interest from two large groups that want to include and supply everyone so that'll be golden. union side we'll have the PMA / conscript groups who would also take in anyone interested. i'll personally stick myself down rebel-side when im not flying about and make sure everyone gets a fair chance, though i trust my compatriots to do this.

2. There has to be a degree of automation. Constant admin involvement (usually in the form of events; go here, do this, grab this) only works until the admins get tired of being involved. This mostly happens because a player or group of players dislike how an admin has dealt with a particular situation, and either the player or the admin quits.
we've also got like 5 odd people who've expressed they want to do expeditions and the like during all this; but the main focus for me is really just having it be sustainable enough on its own that i can play my own event because i like outlands so this shouldn't be too bad either - which ties into the next point;
Automated script and NPC spawns tied to the server's current population might be a good thing to have. It's the Outlands. It's dangerous. There's also a lot of stuff in the Outlands.
we'll stick these in the middle, the little town. pk risk but also a bunch of items and cache's. the way script spawns already work on this server, they ramp up with more players online so this solves itself.

3. As long as the balance is favorable to neither side, the war of attrition will make for a great experience. Most servers create arbitrary OOC rulesets so that one faction does not immediately steamroll the other, and frankly, it really pulls you out of the game. The factions shouldn't be steamrolling each other right away because they're equal in strength, or there's an IC reason for it.
last time i did something like this i nerfed one side pretty badly to let the balance sit in place, this time im just gonna let both sides have all the utilities they need and disallow any vehicles that can't be gunned at, so it's people with guns vs people with guns.
[doublepost=1630405027][/doublepost]
I have faith in the staff team and player leads to handle these issues. I've been waiting for a stable Outlands server for a long time.
not gonna promise anything though if all the players on either side are dickheads to eachother it'll be a generally toxic time irregardless, but im hoping

Reactions: List

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
how likely will it be for rebels to get any guns with ammo?

given how scarce ammunition is, i figure it should be upped a little with this event

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
The suppression fields go overnight

@chronos

iELawCC.png

yGT3kHq.png

Reactions: List