News FINIS CORONAT OPUS - 2021-09-03

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I think people get the impression that because this is leading to an Uprising 90% of the event will be Heavy Snow and not that combat will be sporadic until probably the very last map in the city, or the canals map.

The Resistance probably doesn't want to blow through their supplies much IC before they're storming the outer defences.

Reactions: List

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
I think people get the impression that because this is leading to an Uprising 90% of the event will be Heavy Snow and not that combat will be sporadic until probably the very last map in the city, or the canals map.

The Resistance probably doesn't want to blow through their supplies much IC before they're storming the outer defences.

I /hope/ people won’t just try to turn it into some pseudo-WW3RP as I’d hate to see HL2RP lose the things that made it unique. There’s enough combine vs rebels concepts out there.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae

Unless they're batshit stupid that is which I believe they're not

Like it would be pretty unkino if the resistance failed on their objectives because they decided to play Quake 2 in the outlands

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I will /charban anyone who uses adrenaline as an excuse to survive a magdump regardless of caliber

get in touch with reality holy shit
Adrenaline can do a lot to keep you going by eliminating your feeling for fatigue and pain... that doesn't mean it stops wounds.

Get shot in the leg? You're probably gonna start limping, even if the first shot wont then the second will since the muscle that's hit cant magically repair itself.

To anyone wanting to properly RP adrenaline take this into account and remember. It's all fine and good while you're on the adrenine high but when it wears off you will feel a sudden wave of pain from the wounds you previously did not feel.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Adrenaline can do a lot to keep you going by eliminating your feeling for fatigue and pain... that doesn't mean it stops wounds.

Get shot in the leg? You're probably gonna start limping, even if the first shot wont then the second will since the muscle that's hit cant magically repair itself.

To anyone wanting to properly RP adrenaline take this into account and remember. It's all fine and good while you're on the adrenine high but when it wears off you will feel a sudden wave of pain from the wounds you previously did not feel.

If you get a bullet in the leg especially while running you have a 156% chance to fall and eat dirt

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae

Adrenaline is a hard thing to account for in RP as it has different effects for different people.
I usually say oh adrenaline helps but if i get shot 15 times im falling down - doesn't mean im not gonna stop fighting but there's a point to where it doesnt work lol

adrenaline is a concept that if you have 0 idea on it you will powergame and failrp.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Also just to pitch in on a prior topic; speaking as someone who regularly roleplays on a server who does S2RP over S2K, S2RP does have some very big flaws.

Namely when both sides are characters who want to retain their development it becomes very easy for folks to try and push until the other side has to take the L or be accused of powergaming, even when its only an NLR. Its also very easy to end in a stalemate because "/me shoots very good but hide gooder" become the norm.

I like S2RP and I think it should be used if all sides consent in smaller engagements but it can be very frustrating and regularly does grind most things down to a halt when its player vs player and not players vs a faction designed to die for the players engagement.

jb

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
P2l is for cucks. Me? i play 2 WIN. i dont use Pussy language like "tries" or "attempts". when i hit enter you can be assured that whatever is in my /me will happen. Whatre you going to do? bitch about it in looc? Lmao. Get a grip bitch-baby

chronos

Molecule
Nebulae
P2l is for cucks. Me? i play 2 WIN. i dont use Pussy language like "tries" or "attempts". when i hit enter you can be assured that whatever is in my /me will happen. Whatre you going to do? bitch about it in looc? Lmao. Get a grip bitch-baby
/me has hardened skin from years of being stabbed

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
unknown.png

Alright, time to get back in the saddle.

ElectricTaco

Electron
Nebulae
S2K that, S2RP that I just want to be a runner between the outposts for god's sake!

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

Also just to pitch in on a prior topic; speaking as someone who regularly roleplays on a server who does S2RP over S2K, S2RP does have some very big flaws.

Namely when both sides are characters who want to retain their development it becomes very easy for folks to try and push until the other side has to take the L or be accused of powergaming, even when its only an NLR. Its also very easy to end in a stalemate because "/me shoots very good but hide gooder" become the norm.

I like S2RP and I think it should be used if all sides consent in smaller engagements but it can be very frustrating and regularly does grind most things down to a halt when its player vs player and not players vs a faction designed to die for the players engagement.

/me would attempt

*yawn*

still talking, kid?

Revanox

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
gjk4huem.jpg

why yes, I do P2L with a suicide vest. how could you tell?
/localevent The man easily gets shot, falling lifeless toward the ground as seemingly time seems to freeze, his hand opening due to him losing control over his hand as it reveals a device, time resuming as the air evaporates around everyone from an intense heat, the device being a dead man's switch, causing an explosion to kill everyone in the vicinity or be maimed.

(20:21) The

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
the event’s not even started yet you fucking crybabies

maybe give it a go? yeah?
no i will cry because i will lose my nonexistant character to circumstances in my control :DDDDDDDD :'((((((((

72a75deb3d4406e2ee1d39f83b921a16.jpg