News FINIS CORONAT OPUS - 2021-09-03

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
Yeah what're you gonna do? Drop Shakespeare-tier dialogue in the middle of the fight?
no you twit

the fact you say this clearly shows you have no idea how to properly derive anything from s2rp because if you did know, you'd know that conflicts end up becoming very different and can lead to very, very many different outcomes if it's rp'd out - hell, sometimes it can lead to both parties surviving the conflict

s2k press left mouse until dead BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Ah yes, neb mfers go "I love s2rp!" but they use it once every six months on the event server
Try playing cop for a while, deal with people dodging bullets, doing 6 actions per one /me, surviving getting shot in the chest 30 times because "adrenaline bro!" and staff ignoring it all because "why are you so keen on killing them, why are you so PK hungry", you'll see why people don't like it
s2rp is trash when you're not doing it with your OOC buddies or offing event characters who'll fully comply because they don't actually have anything to lose
no offense simman but if you made a help request i'd ignore you too

Reactions: List

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
few people have AKs and that's enough to make a huge difference in everyday combat if they play consistently

combine will have to start planning for that potentiality of an unseen longrange sharpshooter whereas you have to do less since all of us are mid range to cqc anyway
i know of 2 AK's in the economy

one is frequent, one doesn't play

i really don't think 2 to like MAXIMUM 4 people with ak's is going to make a huge difference rlly no and if people want to use an AK in s2k then chances are they're going to make themselves a pretty fucking massive target

E:

anyways i'm done arguin with all ya'll i've made my points

is announcement thread not argue thread

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
i really don't think 2 to like MAXIMUM 4 people with ak's is going to make a huge difference rlly no and if people want to use an AK in s2k then chances are they're going to make themselves a pretty fucking massive target
An AK is able to 2-3shot a 200/200 OTA

jerry

B A N N E D
Nebulae
moving on;

i'm going to set up an RGB laptop using a hotspot on my phone in the middle of a lake on a waverunner to play this event whilst i am gone jetsking for the weekend.

ricksaw fan out.

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
see the issue is some of you care too much about winning encounters or killing the enemy or blah blah fucking blah

since when did a dogshit combat system take precedence over enjoyment and roleplay, i only mentioned having a preference for s2rp because not everyone is a sweaty global elite who is hellbent on getting their gametracker score higher

the whole "well some rebels have ak's" argument is also fucking stupid because i assure you, rebel players aren't going to come on solely for s2k if they're using well developed characters (unlike ota and 90% of the cop faction), they're gonna wanna roleplay and enjoy the encounters and not have to break character in order to point and click a few times

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
see the issue is some of you care too much about winning encounters or killing the enemy or blah blah fucking blah
lol so you're telling me the entirety of charlie squad isn't born around beheading/scalping cops

the whole "well some rebels have ak's" argument is also fucking stupid because i assure you, rebel players aren't going to come on solely for s2k if they're using well developed characters (unlike ota and 90% of the cop faction), they're gonna wanna roleplay and enjoy the encounters and not have to break character in order to point and click a few times
fucking please lol a lot of ur characters restructure themselves into terrorists the moment we start conflict IC

you keep taking the higher road up until people actually fight, then suddenly u adopt the same routine u had in aurora

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
lol so you're telling me the entirety of charlie squad isn't born around beheading/scalping cops
that's roleplay though, we never s2k'ed in that event nor did we behead anyone, it was just a scouting party that was damn good at what it did

fucking please lol a lot of ur characters restructure themselves into terrorists the moment we start conflict IC

you keep taking the higher road up until people actually fight, then suddenly u adopt the same routine u had in aurora

this is very far from the truth and you've never roleplayed with a single one of my rebels aside from hajime during a passive scene, way to make this personal and pull us off topic though

my issue isn't with combat its with s2k and how it pulls people out of roleplay and breaks scenes, its completely unnecessary if both parties just choose to rp things properly, seldom have we had any issues with that during events

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
this is very far from the truth and you've never roleplayed with a single one of my rebels aside from hajime during a passive scene, way to make this personal and pull us off topic though
i don't mean you individually, I mean your group. a good chunk of the rebel scene

that's roleplay though, we never s2k'ed in that event nor did we behead anyone, it was just a scouting party that was damn good at what it did
that's a pretentious statement, ofc u didn't S2K in an event based around roleplay, and yet even with that, OOC spite was cranked to the max. it was roleplay at the expense of other ppl

my issue isn't with combat its with s2k and how it pulls people out of roleplay and breaks scenes, its completely unnecessary if both parties just choose to rp things properly, seldom have we had any issues with that during events
S2RP requires admin intervention to work right in the end, otherwise u have the barney plot armor grenade scenario where "we can't kill too many rebels that'll be so bad!" if u suddenly fuck up like that again

i don't want admin intervention in this event, the admins have been nothing but consistent shit in making things properly fair

Last edited:

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
i don't mean you individually, I mean your group. a good chunk of the rebel scene

i just recruited randoms with gear and gave them tasks kinda like the combine did with the conscripts, i only knew two characters in my squad personally before recruiting them so i cant speak on how they acted or how they act now versus how they did back then

as for other rebels, most of the people around when i played only changed their attitude due to what happened in aurora and there was good dev behind it, wallace petrol and all of his officers are good examples of this

that's a pretentious statement, ofc u didn't S2K in an event based around roleplay, and yet even with that, OOC spite was cranked to the max. it was roleplay at the expense of other ppl

ooc spite was retarded, i was trying to mediate with staff in teamspeak but people kept talking over me, i'd only come back to neb at that time to rp i didn't care for the drama

jerry

B A N N E D
Nebulae
ooc spite was retarded, i was trying to mediate with staff in teamspeak but people kept talking over me, i'd only come back to neb at that time to rp i didn't care for the drama
least me and reggie we're calm :(

Pyromancer

doNT YOU KNOW how HARD DEVVING IS????
Nebulae
hot take but personally i have had enough of s2rp it’s fucking boring in large scale public events wherein all your inputs get drowned out, ignored or just overwhelmed by 16 other people typing the same thing you are

the entire point of the event is to give us newfrogs who weren’t fortunate enough to experience true outlands an out to experience said server for realises compared to the fauxlands of yesteryears, standing out in the open chanting ssshoot…man in unison with 10 other people through /me engagements that take 50 minutes doesn’t sound too good not gonna lie fellas

maybe shitty servers like impulse have really ruined me but i have no interest in large scale s2rp and would prefer to get the s2k shakes and have active and interesting combat during this than be bored to death doing /me hide /me duck in every engagement

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
maybe shitty servers like impulse have really ruined me but i have no interest in large scale s2rp
the only people good at s2rp is tnb, who use OOC to type their /mes out and seem very pre-determined on who's gonna win based on circumstances like flanking and shit

that takes a significant level of maturity we just don't have that here, you can't expect people to grow balls and an open mind for that just for one event

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
hot take but personally i have had enough of s2rp it’s fucking boring in large scale public events wherein all your inputs get drowned out, ignored or just overwhelmed by 16 other people typing the same thing you are

the entire point of the event is to give us newfrogs who weren’t fortunate enough to experience true outlands an out to experience said server for realises compared to the fauxlands of yesteryears, standing out in the open chanting ssshoot…man in unison with 10 other people through /me engagements that take 50 minutes doesn’t sound too good not gonna lie fellas

maybe shitty servers like impulse have really ruined me but i have no interest in large scale s2rp and would prefer to get the s2k shakes and have active and interesting combat during this than be bored to death doing /me hide /me duck in every engagement
from the perspective of giving you a real outlands vibe yes i can agree with s2k

but imo if it's gonna be predominantly s2k then i think the pk rules sorta need to be looked at

if it's predominantly s2k during an event where there'll most likely be several battles a week or even one a day, then people are going to go through like 6 chars each by the time we get to the end of the two months and that's just gonna be a 2 month long blue street at that point

maybe nlr no refunds unless otherwise stipulated by nexus or anyone he bestows that power upon

i mean with some script control to ensure rebels can't just immediately get re-armed after their 5th death + nlr timers i guess that'll balance it out

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
from the perspective of giving you a real outlands vibe yes i can agree with s2k

but imo if it's gonna be predominantly s2k then i think the pk rules sorta need to be looked at

if it's predominantly s2k during an event where there'll most likely be several battles a week or even one a day, then people are going to go through like 6 chars each by the time we get to the end of the two months and that's just gonna be a 2 month long blue street at that point

maybe nlr no refunds unless otherwise stipulated by nexus or anyone he bestows that power upon

i mean with some script control to ensure rebels can't just immediately get re-armed after their 5th death + nlr timers i guess that'll balance it out
ur right, but we (i think at least) don't plan to start skirmishing in the first few days. we're gonna establish our foothold and organise the base before we do anything drastic, because we never really got to do that in aurora

outpost management was a bitch then too, practically worthless to do in fact especially with no radio

jerry

B A N N E D
Nebulae
when i am rebel i am kill combines : )

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
ur right, but we (i think at least) don't plan to start skirmishing in the first few days. we're gonna establish our foothold and organise the base before we do anything drastic, because we never really got to do that in aurora

outpost management was a bitch then too, practically worthless to do in fact especially with no radio
i mean if either side's leaders are any decent then yeah there shouldn't be any full scale skirmishes for at least a few days, if not even a week; i mean shit we're doing this for a month, there's no rush

in the first week there can just be close calls or spats ykno i reckon we got plenty of time for big ass wars

even then yeah probably need to make it not pk on s2k death unless otherwise stipulated (which could be a very good way of cutting prolonged skirmishes too if need be)

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
the event’s not even started yet you fucking crybabies

maybe give it a go? yeah?

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
s2rp is trash when you're not doing it with your OOC buddies or offing event characters who'll fully comply because they don't actually have anything to lose
good take simman i agree with this

half of aurora was us watching people get 16 bullets in the arms and legs and chest and still get up to continue fighting and then they got angry at us when we said "this is the third bullet you've got in your neck the last 5 minutes - and you had a grenade explode INSIDE of your colon, you're actually dead"... "NO...NO MY CHARACTER CAN MAKE IT!"

s2k is appropriate, don't get mad at people for s2king.

this event was made with s2k in mind as the main focus since no one's going to police your every shootout and fight for 2 months when someone inevitably calls for a staff member to oversee just about every fight that'll end in all parties injured and no parties dead. except for the cool people who will do /me dies on purpose even though they'll get none of the same return or respect.

big thanks if no one complains one way or the other, regardless of the approach in one encounter or the other

also stop acting like there's some grand "fix" that is s2rp and that s2k is somehow going to ruin your experience, you know thats not true and you don't really care this much you just want something to argue about.

Last edited: