i refused to give people more than one

u gotta learn script management bro
bro that's what cops were doing
[infinite vendor]

also idk we we have a fucking ammo shortage in 2021 year of our lord

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
2 boxes of ammo per person, 1 gun per person. Have had like 15 people on today. Just told some people to fuck off and get a baton or something from a cop LOL!
theres gonna be resupplies and whatnot later on but this is pretty much universal to both the rebels and the union players as a means for no one to go and start wasting everything they have in one day this is not ww3rp
[doublepost=1630706856][/doublepost]
Three more, isn't it?

OL > Coast > Canals > City street fighting kino.

@nexus you better use the Episode 1 maps for the City fighting bro.......
OL > Coast > City

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 1405

my first day:

I spawned in confused as fuck, asked in !help where to go and got no response so I started wandering
Randomly walked into a limeao event that was amazing. i mean five minutes back into roleplay and im being catered to with a personalized event by someone who really knows my character.
found a vort mid breakdown due to said limeao event
found a snowl character
stumbled upon a repurposed scanner playing rock music

this shit is amazing and everything that i've ever wanted. outlands roleplay ROCKS

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyromancer

doNT YOU KNOW how HARD DEVVING IS????
Nebulae
god 3 minutes before the event some scanner snapped a photo of a rebel doing some passiveRP and 5 cops instantly got out of the trucks and rushed off to pk a char without any RP, love to see it
co89yh.png

coa2j0.png

akkj7m.png

fun havers in chat?

verTix

Electron
Nebulae
Why are the combine so neutered? This is taking place, what, a few days after the Dark Fusion reactor is destroyed? All of a sudden, all supply lines are cut? Where are the APCs? Where are the dropships, and the patrols of OTA?

It makes zero story sense that the Combine players are as bone dry on equipment as they are right now. It’s not asspull. This is a planetary occupation force at its full fucking strength.

I get that you want some semblance of “balance”, but there isn’t any right now. The rebels are consistently able to shit on patches of barely-armed conscripts, OTA get bullet hoses that can’t hit anyone in the same post code as where they aim. Not that it matters, since they can’t leave the dam anyway.

Rebels also get a choke point post-Soviet super bunker missile base, and the Combine get a hardly defensible stretch of land, a big house, a prop town on a CLIFF, and a dam that most players can’t even enter. The bases should be swapped.

I am a player, not a faction lead, not an admin. These are simply my observations. I have seen servers with this exact same formula succeed and fail. Pledging to not get involved as a staff member is a sure fire way to grind everything to an abysmal halt.

And before I get the “Combine main” shitpost responses, I’d like to point out that a rebel victory should be hard-fought, not spoonfed. Ever.

It is true that the Combine should lose. But this event is supposed to be seven weeks long, and the Combine are already out of supplies and getting PKed 5 times more than rebels. This is day ONE.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
The rebels are consistently able to shit on patches of barely-armed conscripts, OTA get bullet hoses that can’t hit anyone in the same post code as where they aim. Not that it matters, since they can’t leave the dam anyway.
Unless you had an army of conscripts this is never going to change - and you don't. People want to play rebels, you have to work around that.

Sending out OTA or APC's and gunships is a win button no matter how you slice it because contrary to what people think the vast majority are sitting in the bases trying to do passive, not running out to kill the Combine, and even then most are armed with Glocks. That isn't how you do balance. Even on the LP OL OTA were NLR's and nobody fought them except with the end-game guns en-masse.

Its literally day one and you had some retards kill some guys in a tunnel that's now blocked off and some patrols getting dinked, can we not at least see how the main point of S2K being removed has changed shit before we complain about how mega unbalanced it is?

Amiro

I hate my wife
Nebulae
I came to the event expecting a grand opening like:

not even joking it was like literally like this

But it’s just the start hoping it’ll pace up inshallah

verTix

Electron
Nebulae
I agree with most of what you said. Until this part.

Sending out OTA or APC's and gunships is a win button no matter how you slice it

No. Send them out to perform a certain task, and bring them back. Nobody is saying “OTA go to rebel base and kill them all.” No, perhaps have them go out and shoot some antlions instead. They can’t win if you don’t engage them in the first place.

The whole point is to show the rebels what they’re messing with. They should be discouraged. They should be afraid. This shouldn’t be easy.

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
Unless you had an army of conscripts this is never going to change - and you don't. People want to play rebels, you have to work around that.

Sending out OTA or APC's and gunships is a win button no matter how you slice it because contrary to what people think the vast majority are sitting in the bases trying to do passive, not running out to kill the Combine, and even then most are armed with Glocks. That isn't how you do balance. Even on the LP OL OTA were NLR's and nobody fought them except with the end-game guns en-masse.

Its literally day one and you had some retards kill some guys in a tunnel that's now blocked off and some patrols getting dinked, can we not at least see how the main point of S2K being removed has changed shit before we complain about how mega unbalanced it is?
LP OTA had the ability to run and gun which is what made them dominate. Unless they have AR2's here I can tell you now they will panic and retreat when under fire of a faraway 357/AK/vort

and stop saying those three aren't fucking common lol

verTix

Electron
Nebulae
I agree with most of what you said. Until this part.

No. Send them out to perform a certain task, and bring them back. Nobody is saying “OTA go to rebel base and kill them all.” No, perhaps have them go out and shoot some antlions instead. They can’t win if you don’t engage them in the first place.

The whole point is to show the rebels what they’re messing with. They should be discouraged. They should be afraid. This shouldn’t be easy.

Remember that part in Episode 2, after you exit the mines and see lines upon lines of Combine soldiers and synths heading toward White Forest? That’s what I mean by discouragement.

Amiro

I hate my wife
Nebulae
idk what the fuck the conscripts are doing with their guns you got more than trident and you still cry lol
World War 2 era guns (only 2 in the con army has them) and a some pistols. Basically the local Amish militia with muskets. Aint exactly encouraging Arsenal in the alien regimes army

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
World War 2 era guns (only 2 in the con army has them) and a some pistols. Basically the local Amish militia with muskets. Aint exactly encouraging Arsenal in the alien regimes army
oh.

lol rip i guess

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

Hard truth; the people who ran out to kill Conscripts and shoot at the base yesterday are not the type of people who'll be discouraged by an APC or anything else. The vast majority of rebels did nothing but enjoy passive or scout. There's not going to be a mass attack or anything.

LP OTA had the ability to run and gun which is what made them dominate. Unless they have AR2's here I can tell you now they will panic and retreat when under fire of a faraway 357/AK/vort

and stop saying those three aren't fucking common lol
You had one Vort attack (and there's only like 2 active, I'm one of them and it wasn't me) and the few people with AK's or .357's aren't going to waste their characters on getting NLR's and risking a PK.

I know you are frustrated dude but its also literally only day 1 and 90% of the attacks came from an area rebels can't even reach now. You need to cool off and focus on the passive and shit, not that you had some retards on a server of 80 people.

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
Its not a WW3 server man you need to cool off and focus on the passive and shit, not that you had some retards on a server of 80 peop
I flew over the main map section and it was a fucking ghost town dude, I couldn't exactly host anything for anyone at the time I hope that state doesn't last lol

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I flew over the main map section and it was a fucking ghost town dude, I couldn't exactly host anything for anyone at the time I hope that state doesn't last lol
Yeah, day 1 man. People settling in, setting stuff up. Most of the rebels were either scouting the cliffs closest or running between the camps.

Just take a breather, it'll be good. Things'll even off now the rebels don't have an unfair cliff to snipe from.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Yeah, day 1 man. People settling in, setting stuff up. Most of the rebels were either scouting the cliffs closest or running between the camps.

Just take a breather, it'll be good. Things'll even off now the rebels don't have an unfair cliff to snipe from.
roblox-buff-old-spice-black-man-argument-gif-21740024.gif