News FINIS CORONAT OPUS - 2021-09-03

shit

Atom
Nebulae
Just take a breather, it'll be good.
unknown.png

Nebulae
It is true that the Combine should lose. But this event is supposed to be seven weeks long, and the Combine are already out of supplies and getting PKed 5 times more than rebels. This is day ONE.
how has this happened btw lol there are literally infinite supply vendors in the dam base and villa for cops because rebels were going to be getting lots of ammo + weapons

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i enjoy this event

is fun doing pioneer stuff and i enjoy being in da shanty town we built

overall i like, my only real concern for the time being is the divide between both sides, adds tension but union side is locked to their side

Reactions: List

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
Why are the combine so neutered? This is taking place, what, a few days after the Dark Fusion reactor is destroyed? All of a sudden, all supply lines are cut? Where are the APCs? Where are the dropships, and the patrols of OTA?
because its day 1 and people are still building
also there are dropships i've already discussed this with @Numbers , and convoys are gonna come every so often. there's more than enough supplies for the unionside.

It makes zero story sense that the Combine players are as bone dry on equipment as they are right now
they're not they have literal vendors that have infinite stuff in them

I get that you want some semblance of “balance”, but there isn’t any right now. The rebels are consistently able to shit on patches of barely-armed conscripts, OTA get bullet hoses that can’t hit anyone in the same post code as where they aim. Not that it matters, since they can’t leave the dam anyway.
we've got a whole month to play with, this is one day out of that month, if we deploy OTA every day, OTA that can't be PKed, while the rebels can - we'll be out of living players in a few days.

also the only spot that rebels could do this from is now blocked off. the only conscript deaths we've had were because conscripts assaulted the rebel base within an hour of the event starting.

And before I get the “Combine main” shitpost responses, I’d like to point out that a rebel victory should be hard-fought, not spoonfed. Ever.
the actual point the rebels have to push is the dam, which is a massive chokepoint accessible from one angle.

I mean no offence to you because these could've been fair points in any other scenario but I feel like you have absolutely no idea whatsoever what you're talking about, I don't know if you're uninformed or this is just how you've percieved things. Number two, it's been one day, I don't know why people are expecting World War 3 where all you do is shoot, this is first and foremost about the roleplay and everything doesn't come in one small burst. Sorry if I sound condescending, not my meaning.
[doublepost=1630752180][/doublepost]
Remember that part in Episode 2, after you exit the mines and see lines upon lines of Combine soldiers and synths heading toward White Forest? That’s what I mean by discouragement.
Remember the part in half life where you could kill OTA with a crowbar

Last edited:

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
why not have both.. whats wrong with ota dying and an ar2 dropping

its a function in the game it should happen eventually........
We have plans for this, like we've discussed several times, but the first few days of the outlands experience is not the place to do that. I get that you're eagre but we've already gone over why we can't have everyone killing eachother within 48 hours just because.

Despite saying that, OTA have already deployed once lol
I feel like 99% of these critiques are people who are complaining about things when they've got no idea that these things are already in place.
[doublepost=1630752870][/doublepost]
No. Send them out to perform a certain task, and bring them back. Nobody is saying “OTA go to rebel base and kill them all.” No, perhaps have them go out and shoot some antlions instead. They can’t win if you don’t engage them in the first place.
all that being said I do agree with this point. think we'll do a few OTA assignments where they airdrop in certain areas, lot more fun for the OTA players and giving them some stuff to do aswell xo

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Also feel the need to point out the two (three soon) active Vorts aren't nearly as broken as people say they are. Literally the one singular thing they are good at is sniping from range.

If we come up against two of literally anything on the Combine side outside of a sniper duel we are 100% fucking dead. We'll get mown down before we even manage to kill one person.

Source: I've had hundreds of hours of S2K on a Vort across the years; they suck shit if it isn't an ambush or they're not defending.

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
Also feel the need to point out the two (three soon) active Vorts aren't nearly as broken as people say they are. Literally the one singular thing they are good at is sniping from range.

If we come up against two of literally anything on the Combine side we are 100% fucking dead at anything other than long range. We'll get mown down before we even manage to kill one person.
i'll reiterate that the only pk thus far was because the conscripts went to the ledge right opposite the rebels and started s2king them, then got shot to death by mp7's and pistols, of which the union side has far more access to.

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
I don't know why people are expecting World War 3
I mean that was sorta to be expected right? Everyone’s been hyping up the military groups and “war war war” sentiment since the initial announcement. Especially after their pleas for accessible guns & ammo were more or less answered.

if the intention was to create mostly passive roleplay the narrative shouldn’t be focused on a path towards full-scale city combat. Obviously people are going to expect combine vs rebels scenarios.

Hell, I sorta wish people were as hyped for ww3rp as they are for militaryrp on hl2 for some reason.

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
I mean that was sorta to be expected right? Everyone’s been hyping up the military groups and “war war war” sentiment since the initial announcement. Especially after their pleas for accessible guns & ammo were more or less answered.

if the intention was to create mostly passive roleplay the narrative shouldn’t be focused on a path towards full-scale city combat. Obviously people are going to expect combine vs rebels scenarios.

Hell, I sorta wish people were as hyped for ww3rp as they are for militaryrp on hl2 for some reason.
theres combat in there sure, but its mainly about the roleplay. its not el classico go out and die on the battlefield s2k weekend. that's a lot of fun too but that's not what we're doing and I've said that several times.

Grand

out of retirement
Nebulae
how has this happened btw lol there are literally infinite supply vendors in the dam base and villa for cops because rebels were going to be getting lots of ammo + weapons
Huh… I was told that I couldn’t take more than 2 9mm boxes and 3 smg boxes.

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
Huh… I was told that I couldn’t take more than 2 9mm boxes and 3 smg boxes.
We had 20 boxes of ammo for a mass of like 20 conscripts.

I'd like people to have more than one magazine of ammo like it's D47 and you gotta be a prostitute to get a singular bullet

Bio Junior

Nucleus
Nebulae
We had 20 boxes of ammo for a mass of like 20 conscripts.

I'd like people to have more than one magazine of ammo like it's D47 and you gotta be a prostitute to get a singular bullet
Cops unite and give these boys financial aid

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I flew over the main map section and it was a fucking ghost town dude, I couldn't exactly host anything for anyone at the time I hope that state doesn't last lol
yeah because the second you get in there you get accosted by retard xenians who push their roleplay onto others

see: antlions

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
yeah because the second you get in there you get accosted by retard xenians who push their roleplay onto others

see: antlions
you know antlions got banned yesterday outside caves right

the only xenian that’s done anything today is a lone bullsquid that left me alone after 5 mins

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
you know antlions got banned yesterday outside caves right

the only xenian that’s done anything today is a lone bullsquid that left me alone after 5 mins
i wouldnt know i left shortly after because how fucking annoying it was

D

Deleted member 4795

The Conscripts were issued pistols. Glocks. There were like 4-5 lucky people who got MP40s but the rest of us got pea shooters. We are going into long range combat engagements without any sort of rifle. And people wonder why the conscripts are getting owned. Many of the rebels are brining in both automatic and bolt action rifles. I don't care if we get the most crappy of them all, Conscripts really need something better than pea shooters.