Serious First GTA VI trailer set for release in early December

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I’m surprised at how many have a dislike for Rockstar, I wouldn’t say their monetisation is any worse than most games and the games are released in a good state unlike most other companies.

i think a lot of it comes from them killing red dead's online scene just to keep pushing forward stupid gimmick expansions to GTA 5 online (the spy stuff, saving the world, doing missions for snoop dogg iirc?)

a lot of people wanted RDO to get the same amount of care and attention but they dropped it like a bad smell almost immediately after release

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
i think a lot of it comes from them killing red dead's online scene just to keep pushing forward stupid gimmick expansions to GTA 5 online (the spy stuff, saving the world, doing missions for snoop dogg iirc?)

a lot of people wanted RDO to get the same amount of care and attention but they dropped it like a bad smell almost immediately after release
rdo died so that they could continue monetizing gtao

imagine if rdo got any more support, it'd be fire

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
I’m surprised at how many have a dislike for Rockstar, I wouldn’t say their monetisation is any worse than most games and the games are released in a good state unlike most other companies.
i dont think its that surprising

gta onlines monetisation only makes the experience worse for normal players
gta 5's planned story expansions were killed for it
red dead online was killed for it
arguably any possible rdr2 story expansions were also killed for it

also the recent remaster trilogy shit and the low low effort rdr port (no pc) just shows they dont rly give a shit anymore
its kind of a miracle rdr2 even got released in the first place

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
gta onlines monetisation only makes the experience worse for normal players
You'll struggle to find many games that are updated or supported 10 years after it's release though.

also the recent remaster trilogy shit and the low low effort rdr port (no pc) just shows they dont rly give a shit anymore
Sure but it's not a secret that it wasn't developed by Rockstar

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
You'll struggle to find many games that are updated or supported 10 years after it's release though.

Sure but it's not a secret that it wasn't developed by Rockstar
is it getting 10 years of support rly a positive lol, especially when theyve prioritised it over releasing a new game
regardless of whether they actually developed it in house, they chose to outsource it and they let it release in the state it was which is honestly worse

Reactions: List

bilack

Electron
Nebulae
wot are you smoking mate

heavy monetization of GTA:O since 2013, neglecting any proper development (such as DLC) in the game besides making things that will make them money (cars to sell for shark cards), if you don't buy sharkcards, you best enjoy being gated by the griendiest "F2P" experience ever (and I say F2P to be kind, because you still have to pay for the base game)

you're way better off going to work for 1 day to raise the money to pay for their soulless cash-grab rather than endure the mindless grind for months on end, which most adults don't have the time for, really removing any substance from the game and turning it into a pure money contest.
just inject mod menus and give yourself money lol

i gave myself 3 billion once with such a menu years ago. rockstar never noticed. still got the money to this day

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Are we living in the same world or did your GTA online work without any issues at launch? I specifically remember not even being able to get past the intro race for 4 days straight because it would disconnect me consistently

Red Dead Redemption 2 hard crashed an insane amount of people too in the intro horse ride - locking them out of the game for 2 days before a hotfix got pushed. Myself included.

It also suffered performance issues at launch, and they entirely ceased support for red dead online while continuing to run their GTA online monetization schemes

Their monetization practices and releases recently have been disasterous as far as initial launch is concerned

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Also lets be honest 10 years of support when the release loop for said support has been

-release update
-make new content cost bazilion dollary doos
-“”””rebalance””””” jobs that pay a reasonable amount of dollars
-force player hand to either grind the game non-stop for days or buy shark cards to avoid endless suffering at the hand of flying hoverbikes or literal orbital cannons
-profit
-repeat when green curve might go red

Shit like this should NOT be in a game that STILL sells for the price that GTA does 10 YEARS AFTER RELEASE

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
is it getting 10 years of support rly a positive lol, especially when theyve prioritised it over releasing a new game
regardless of whether they actually developed it in house, they chose to outsource it and they let it release in the state it was which is honestly worse
I mean, did they really prioritize it over a new game?

GTAV comes out 2013, rdr2 comes out 2018*, 5 years later (including delays), and then gta VI will likely come out within a year or two of it being announced so another 6 years (not counting covid time and them supposedly restructuring the company after rdr2's insane crunch time)

i think people tend to forget the monumental amount of effort, time and money that goes into making these games, considering how fast tech is advancing and how every single title needs to surpass the previous one in every way

gta titles while impressive for the time were way smaller and less intensive to create in the 2000s so they could release one every few years, but they're so complicated at this point and theres so many aspects to it that its just not possible anymore, unless you want a shit product

rdr2 costed 500 million, gta6 is estimated to cost between 1-2 billion, a lot of that gta:o money is going into that

Last edited:

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Are we living in the same world or did your GTA online work without any issues at launch? I specifically remember not even being able to get past the intro race for 4 days straight because it would disconnect me consistently
Yeah honestly I played it on PS3 & PC when the game and GTA:O released without issues

Red Dead Redemption 2 hard crashed an insane amount of people too in the intro horse ride - locking them out of the game for 2 days before a hotfix got pushed. Myself included.
I also played RDR2 on PS4 when it released without many hiccups aside from some frame drops, maybe I got lucky

It also suffered performance issues at launch, and they entirely ceased support for red dead online while continuing to run their GTA online monetization schemes
I didn't play RDR:O at all and wasn't interested in it so I have no idea

I've never bought shark cards and don't plan to even with GTA 6 variant, I'll just let a modder take care of my bank account.

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

i gave myself 3 billion once with such a menu years ago. rockstar never noticed. still got the money to this day
still though, mod menus cost money

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
alright but real talk i am kind of interested in how the radio stations are gonna look

rob

Nebulae

you lucky sonuva-

i remember when i was 13/14 playing with my friends (Xbox) and a modder gave us each billions

decked out my garage with chromed out super cars, bought every special vehicle

only to have it all wiped by Rockstar on Christmas 😭

Matty

Proton
Nebulae
almost certainly gonna suck and but also probably be a new level of technological achievement in games
most of their good writers have left since rdr2
you WILL have to listen to dated nft jokes and bad reference humour and you will LIKE it

The trailer starts...We hear a melodic beat come into play.
And then a kid starts singing in a robotic voice.
"Sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler. You're so skibidi. You're so fanum tax. I just wanna be your sigma...Frickin' come here, give me your ohio."
(Stickin out your 'gyatt (Baarsden Remix)

rob

Nebulae
alright but real talk i am kind of interested in how the radio stations are gonna look
judging by the pattern of their games' radio stations I'd assume this next one's gonna be using more modern songs?

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
The trailer starts...We hear a melodic beat come into play.
And then a kid starts singing in a robotic voice.
"Sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler. You're so skibidi. You're so fanum tax. I just wanna be your sigma...Frickin' come here, give me your ohio."
(Stickin out your 'gyatt (Baarsden Remix)
i thought i was out...
*sigma tiktok drift phonk sped up song starts playing*