Serious First GTA VI trailer set for release in early December

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
honestly happened earlier than i expected

probably means that the games coming out next winter or early 2025

gta is like the only franchise ive always been interested in and r* has a great track record so im pretty excited, will probably be getting a console just for this game alone

Reactions: List

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
r* has a great track record so im pretty excited
wot are you smoking mate

heavy monetization of GTA:O since 2013, neglecting any proper development (such as DLC) in the game besides making things that will make them money (cars to sell for shark cards), if you don't buy sharkcards, you best enjoy being gated by the griendiest "F2P" experience ever (and I say F2P to be kind, because you still have to pay for the base game)

you're way better off going to work for 1 day to raise the money to pay for their soulless cash-grab rather than endure the mindless grind for months on end, which most adults don't have the time for, really removing any substance from the game and turning it into a pure money contest.

outsourced the remake of the classic GTA trilogy to the point where it's a downgrade from the traditional games:

I'll admit, R* did used to have a great record in making games and not exploiting them for money, but that was more than a decade ago, and the company making these games is no longer the company it was once.

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
wot are you smoking mate

heavy monetization of GTA:O since 2013, neglecting any proper development (such as DLC) in the game besides making things that will make them money (cars to sell for shark cards), if you don't buy sharkcards, you best enjoy being gated by the griendiest "F2P" experience ever (and I say F2P to be kind, because you still have to pay for the base game)

you're way better off going to work for 1 day to raise the money to pay for their soulless cash-grab rather than endure the mindless grind for months on end, which most adults don't have the time for, really removing any substance from the game and turning it into a pure money contest.

outsourced the remake of the classic GTA trilogy to the point where it's a downgrade from the traditional games:

I'll admit, R* did used to have a great record in making games and not exploiting them for money, but that was more than a decade ago, and the company making these games is no longer the company it was once.

im gonna be honest idgaf about online or the remakes, every single triple-a studio is scummy and of course theyre gonna try to make as much money off a product as they can

point is ive played every single r* game excluding bully and la noire and ive loved all of them, their last major title (rdr2) is my fav game of all time

VVVVVVREADVVVVVV
******FROM MY SUBJECTIVE EXPERIENCE WITH THEIR GAMES******
^^^^^^READ^^^^^^^^
i feel like i can put enough trust in them to at least deliver a very good and technically groundbreaking singleplayer game which ill probably enjoy a lot

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
im gonna be honest idgaf about online or the remakes, every single triple-a studio is scummy and of course theyre gonna try to make as much money off a product as they can

point is ive played every single r* game excluding bully and la noire and ive loved all of them, their last major title (rdr2) is my fav game of all time

VVVVVVREADVVVVVV
******FROM MY SUBJECTIVE EXPERIENCE WITH THEIR GAMES******
^^^^^^READ^^^^^^^^
i feel like i can put enough trust in them to at least deliver a very good and technically groundbreaking singleplayer game which ill probably enjoy a lot

ok mute grand theft auto more like grand MID auto

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
RDR2:O died for this, so it better be good

rob

Nebulae
i'm not entirely optimistic, GTA 5 was good, don't get me wrong, i just don't feel like it's aged as well as the other GTA games

though I'm a huge fan of RDR2 (it's my all time favourite game) so do take what I say with a little bit of salt

Last edited:

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Rockstar is scummy, especially the last few years, there's no denying that. But I think expecting GTA 6 to be mediocre or even bad is kinda stupid, atleast in my eyes it's guaranteed to be good at the very least

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
My terrible theory

Off the back of fiveM and GTA:O
GTA 6 is revealed to be a mmo

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
almost certainly gonna suck and but also probably be a new level of technological achievement in games
most of their good writers have left since rdr2
you WILL have to listen to dated nft jokes and bad reference humour and you will LIKE it

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I’m surprised at how many have a dislike for Rockstar, I wouldn’t say their monetisation is any worse than most games and the games are released in a good state unlike most other companies.

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
i bet my left nut on it being ~150gb big