Resolved Frank Steiner's PK Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
Oh boy!

image.png

So, as a thing we did atleast from my POV, we did ask new players about being tp'd out of the prison on the first map, as some chose to remain.

This is not a PK that has happened, but I understand the want to revert such a decision.

So I will not be able to do much in this case. The best case scenario is to ask for a void and an NLR and a further clarification to be added so that people ask for this kind of thing ahead of time to save this hassle.

I read the PSA, and you do have to offer it OOCly, like rainbow said. While we wait for Jaggles to sober up, I believe that yes, he should get the offer oocly to be NLR'd even now, as he did inherently want that.

psa: I was typing this before Jaggles.

Reactions: List

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Premium Member
Nebulae
Okay, hello.

Ten minutes later (and some funky dms)

I come back with this.

NLR, no refund to be issued. Even if the person was not PK'd, this is technically still an appeal to stop a pseudo-PK process

So consider this... Accepted? Resolved? One of the two.

Ok no no no, stop

Let me read this tomorrow morning and give an actual reply

Freeze this till I read it

Verräterpackaging

Happy dude from around the clinic! :D
Nebulae
After loosing alot of blood due to the removal of both my legs along being and being shot twice in my upper leg and loosing alot of blood there, a shock would most likely cause a heart attack since the heart cannot keep up a regular pulse anymore.

I thought it was a good way to wrap it up in the time in the base. I didn't ask for a PK tho.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
After loosing alot of blood due to the removal of both my legs along being and being shot twice in my upper leg and loosing alot of blood there, a shock would most likely cause a heart attack since the heart cannot keep up a regular pulse anymore.

I thought it was a good way to wrap it up in the time in the base. I didn't ask for a PK tho.

maybe this is past iteration talking, but doesn't suicide (or /me'ing your own death without external intervention) invariably lead to a PK?

there's also this clause in the PK rules:
■ Death in captivity. This includes but is not limited to: Deaths from stalkerization, soldier psychosis and/or starvation, deaths from exhaustion (vortigaunts), prisoner work, etc. There is but one exception to this rule, and that is if someone who surrenders is killed if they’re deemed unnecessary for capture under the current agenda of the faction.

you may have just fucked yourself

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
maybe this is past iteration talking, but doesn't suicide (or /me'ing your own death without external intervention) invariably lead to a PK?
whats the difference if being a stalker would result in his (technical) character death?

i would say that getting your legs cut off is very much external intervention, and bleeding out/dying of shock is very much realistic

Nebulae
whats the difference if being a stalker would result in his (technical) character death?

i would say that getting your legs cut off is very much external intervention, and bleeding out/dying of shock is very much realistic

the context you're missing is that he also got himself beat up IC twice within a few hours' window because he deliberately antagonized his captors

its not just bleeding out from surgery & earlier wounds, if anything there are procedures IC that specifically mitigate that

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
the context you're missing is that he also got himself beat up IC twice within a few hours' window because he deliberately antagonized his captors

its not just bleeding out from surgery & earlier wounds, if anything there are procedures IC that specifically mitigate that
the context that is being missed here, which is also the most important, is that he was never asked if he wanted to be stalkerized or not OOC'ly before having it forced on him

Why punish the guy for legitimately responding realistically in a hopeless situation by RP'ing what most would? If he wanted to be stalkerized/die and get NLR'd but "survive" IC and return to the rebel zone with grave wounds why not let him?

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
the context that is being missed here, which is also the most important, is that he was never asked if he wanted to be stalkerized or not OOC'ly before having it forced on him

Why punish the guy for legitimately responding realistically in a hopeless situation by RP'ing what most would? If he wanted to be stalkerized/die and get NLR'd but "survive" IC and return to the rebel zone with grave wounds why not let him?

i think someone said earlier that the options were either get PK'd (he'd apparently rambo'd the combine base) or get captured
NLR was never on the table in his situation

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i think someone said earlier that the options were either get PK'd (he'd apparently rambo'd the combine base) or get captured
NLR was never on the table in his situation
the guy wrote himself that he responded to an attack on the bridge and surrendered as far as I can tell

Nebulae

because it's not really wise to make a PK appeal when you're still alive, and at the same time keep playing the character and get yourself into troublesome situations that conform with another set of the PK rules

i get what you're saying and i respect that sentiment too but when you feel you've been dealt with unfairly the default response shouldn't be to make things worse on yourself from an OOC standpoint

man should've just stayed off and waited this out, now its way more complicated than it needs to be

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
because it's not really wise to make a PK appeal when you're still alive, and at the same time keep playing the character and get yourself into troublesome situations that conform with another set of the PK rules

i get what you're saying and i respect that sentiment too but when you feel you've been dealt with unfairly the default response shouldn't be to make things worse on yourself from an OOC standpoint

man should've just stayed off and waited this out, now its way more complicated than it needs to be
Well when you're given no option I think its rational to expect that you WILL be PK'd and make the thing ahead of time

It's not complicated, just let the guy die - NLR - and walk back to the rebel base with some God awful injury and lacking a few items

Everyone is happy

I don't understand how this is a complicated matter that demanded much posting beyond Freespy's post, accepting it with an NLR for the guy. It shouldn't have lasted or progressed beyond it

Nebulae
Well when you're given no option I think its rational to expect that you WILL be PK'd and make the thing ahead of time

It's not complicated, just let the guy die - NLR - and walk back to the rebel base with some God awful injury and lacking a few items

Everyone is happy

everyone is happy but the death in captivity rule is outright broken. its not like the cops entrapped him into this situation so he could take a "technically valid" PK, he pretty much chose to rp in a way that he knew would get him beaten, and then actively chose to RP his death where he didn't have to (at least the second time he got beat the /mes were vague enough that it didn't give an overt indication of the cops deliberately going too far or something)

maybe if he wanted to RP as if the situation was hopeless its more appropriate that he gets an ending without hope - maybe if he wanted to survive he should've acted as if he still had a chance if he held on a bit longer

think we just agree to disagree on this one & not drag this out

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Premium Member
Nebulae
The rambo bit I kinda recall it being mentioned but doesn't make sense, he surrendered at the bridge didn't he? So he surrenders, gets captured and then this thing happens mid capture.

since our base has been attacked

The bridge is not the resistance base btw, just clarifying.

I don't understand how this is a complicated matter that demanded much posting beyond Freespy's post, accepting it with an NLR for the guy. It shouldn't have lasted or progressed beyond it

I had to read it over and I was in no condition to do so yesterday night. That's the only reason really.

Right guy did RP death, and died in captivity.

■ Death in captivity. This includes but is not limited to: Deaths from stalkerization, soldier psychosis and/or starvation, deaths from exhaustion (vortigaunts), prisoner work, etc. There is but one exception to this rule, and that is if someone who surrenders is killed if they’re deemed unnecessary for capture under the current agenda of the faction.

I'm not sure if it's mentioned somewhere (the captivity or rescue PK criteria or something), but if your captors are the ones that kill you, it won't end in PK.

Think about it logically: The captors would be legitimately authorised to cut someone's attempt to escape or get rescued short by just shooting them on the back of the neck while captured.

I don't like how the beating was performed when people who were against it happening (among them Overwatch Ordinals) were not connected anymore either, but I'll brush that off the table for now.

So yeah just like @FreeSpy said, this bit is voided, you get an NLR no refunds, man was severely injured at the bridge and returned. Please, RP your injuries properly.

In advance, do not make a PK appeal before the death even happens.

Resolved and locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.