Fredman's Dumb Daily Doodles

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Dumb Daily Doodles

Hello people and welcome to DDD. This is a thread made to document and share the various doodles I'll make daily over the coming weeks to improve my drawing because it has gone to shit over the past few years.

You can give criticism and compliments, as well as suggestions for what to draw next. I'll also detail the method of which these drawings were created.

Will this art thread not just die like the three others you have created?

No, because I will actually update this one daily, I promise!

Doodle no. 1 [17/07/2017] - Viking guy with axe

R4AIVur.jpg

Tools used:

Mechanical pencil for sketching
Regular black pen for the line work
Eraser to remove my mistakes

Time taken: ~ 2 hours

Notes for improvement:

Right arm and hand too small, looks malformed and glued on. Smooth out shoulder. Pants and boots look too bland, add detail. Helmet looks too flat, should have added detail to give the piece more depth. Practice shading and start using it, drawing looks boring and flat. Draw solid hair and beard and color it in, instead of scribbling it on.

This one is really basic, just to get into the feel of things and adjust myself, but it turned out well regardless I think. I started by making a small construction skeleton with my pencil, just to make out his basic pose and size. I then outlined the skeletal construction arms and legs, and made lines to make the shape less rigid and more organic. I then drew the axe handle (and got my sister to do the axe head because I'm bad). I added the knee pads to the legs and made the straps and the outline of the chain mail.

I drew the face after many tries, originally trying to make the helmet go down on his face and have eye holes, but I couldn't make it work and decided on the stereotypical helmet. After this I went over all the lines with my pen to make them stand out and pop more in a solid black color, scribbled on a beard, hair and chest hair, did all the mail links and then went over the drawing with an eraser to clean up the leftover pencil lines.

Doodle no. 2 [18-07-2017] - Fire elemental

mDl1AVl.jpg

Tools used:

Regular black pen for line work
Cheap color pencils

Time taken: ~ 3 hours

Notes for improvement:

Arms should be bigger when working with a body that huge. The face is, again, something that should be practiced. Learn to draw hands. Should get better color pencils too.

This one was done in a similar manner to the viking, although it turned out WAY better. I started by sketching out faces and construction sketch poses on different pieces of paper to really get a feel of what I wanted to draw. After having settled on a style of face and a pose, I used my pencil to sketch out a construction skeleton. I then added details and started to give my little elemental form, drawing out arms and the chest, as well as the fire. After everything was added, I drew out the lines with my pen and used the eraser to remove the pencil lines. I then added color and shading as best as I could with my shitty little coloring pencils.

Doodle no. 3 [19-07-2017] - Cute geometry

kVHBpyl.jpg

Tools used:
Mechanical pencil
Black pen
Old set of expensive crayons™

Time taken: About half an hour to 40 mins

Didn't really have many creative juices today, so I ended up sitting and doing random scribbles on my paper. I drew a small arrow and gave it a circular head, and then it ended up with this cute little group of geometric shapes. I imagine something like this could be on a kid's TV show.

Doodle no. 4 [20-07-2017] - Long moustache guy

z1DiYWp.jpg

Tools used:

Creation process:

Same shit as before, drew a construction sketch of the head and started slowly adding the framework of hair, eyes, nose etc. with the pencil, then drew up all the lines with the black pen.

Also note that him having a long moustache was not planned, it was just supposed to be a short one above his mouth, but I ended up following the wrong lines when I used my pen and had to improvise something to cover it up.

BONUS DOODLE

Woah hey guys

So because I will be absent tomorrow and probably wont be able to make a drawing, I made a small extra bonus for you guys. Dedicated to @shibe

I1kZQRR.jpg

[22-07-2017] - Old King Guy

55CshYA.jpg

Tools used:

Time taken: ~ 1½ hours

Notes for improvement:

Should work on my neck wrinkles, and improve my positioning: His entire face is fucking crooked LOL

[23-07-2017] Masked wizard guy

cpv4PQ6.jpg

Tools used:

Time taken: 2 hours

Notes for improvement:

I need to communicate the fact that he has a mask on better so it doesn't just look like a blank face.

[24-07-2017] - Pirate guy

BwYrUqx.jpg

Tools used:

Time taken: 1 and a half hours

Notes for improvement:

Proportions are off, notably the arms, lower body and neck.

[25-07-2017] Disabled slug

ahRCxVY.jpg

Tools used:

I hope this is satisfactory @slugman

-------------------

That's all folks

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Doodle no. 2 [18-07-2017] - Fire elemental

mDl1AVl.jpg

Tools used:

Cheap color pencils

Time taken: ~ 3 hours

Notes for improvement:

Arms should be bigger when working with a body that huge. The face is, again, something that should be practiced. Learn to draw hands. Should get better color pencils too.

This one was done in a similar manner to the viking, although it turned out WAY better. I started by sketching out faces and construction sketch poses on different pieces of paper to really get a feel of what I wanted to draw. After having settled on a style of face and a pose, I used my pencil to sketch out a construction skeleton. I then added details and started to give my little elemental form, drawing out arms and the chest, as well as the fire. After everything was added, I drew out the lines with my pen and used the eraser to remove the pencil lines. I then added color and shading as best as I could with my shitty little coloring pencils.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Doodle no. 3 [19-07-2017] - Cute geometry

kVHBpyl.jpg

Tools used:
Mechanical pencil
Black pen
Old set of expensive crayons™

Time taken: About half an hour to 40 mins

Didn't really have many creative juices today, so I ended up sitting and doing random scribbles on my paper. I drew a small arrow and gave it a circular head, and then it ended up with this cute little group of geometric shapes. I imagine something like this could be on a kid's TV show.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

z1DiYWp.jpg

Tools used:

Creation process:

Same shit as before, drew a construction sketch of the head and started slowly adding the framework of hair, eyes, nose etc. with the pencil, then drew up all the lines with the black pen.

Also note that him having a long moustache was not planned, it was just supposed to be a short one above his mouth, but I ended up following the wrong lines when I used my pen and had to improvise something to cover it up.

BONUS DOODLE

Woah hey guys

So because I will be absent tomorrow and probably wont be able to make a drawing, I made a small extra bonus for you guys. Dedicated to @shibe

I1kZQRR.jpg

shibe

Molecule
Nebulae

z1DiYWp.jpg

Tools used:

Creation process:

BONUS DOODLE

Woah hey guys

I1kZQRR.jpg
:(

nah but for real, brilliant as always my :heyzeus:

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
[22-07-2017] - Old King Guy

55CshYA.jpg

Tools used:

Time taken: ~ 1½ hours

Notes for improvement:

Should work on my neck wrinkles, and improve my positioning: His entire face is fucking crooked LOL

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
[23-07-2017] Masked wizard guy

cpv4PQ6.jpg

Tools used:

Time taken: 2 hours

Notes for improvement:

I need to communicate the fact that he has a mask on better so it doesn't just look like a blank face.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
[24-07-2017] - Pirate guy

BwYrUqx.jpg

Tools used:

Notes for improvement:

Proportions are off, notably the arms, lower body and neck.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

[25-07-2017] Disabled slug

ahRCxVY.jpg

Tools used:

I hope this is satisfactory @slugman