Serious Free games thread

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Also for anyone unaware there are currently 4 FREE GAMES AVAILABLE (Some were posted here already)

CURRENTLY THE FOLLOWING ARE AVAILABLE:
Steep (ending very soon) http://bit.ly/2vYibg2
The Sims 4 http://bit.ly/2QebTCg
GRID 2 http://bit.ly/2QhziT7
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition http://bit.ly/2QcSmC5

(I didn't find this on my own, my man Wario64 on twitter did here it is)

(If you wanna save up on some deals follow this guy on twitter he's fucking great)

Reactions: List

Essence

Proton
Nebulae
header.jpg

Overcooked free until July 11th on the Epic Games Store.
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/overcooked/home

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Premium Member
Nebulae
what is with the anti-epic games mood

I personally have nothing against the store itself or its workers, or even the fact games are released there, wish that Valve would set their cuts like the Epic ones.

However, I do have something against the heads of the company for crunching their devs hard as fuck for a shit game like Fortnite. Not that if the game was good I'd be fine with it though, look at Red Dead Redemption 2, what Rockstar did is a next level fucking inhuman trash.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Premium Member
Nebulae
What did rockstar do?

100 hrs shifts for the devs, shit pay, if they refused to do those extra hours they didn't have their contracts renewed.

In the end they were basically forced to do the game through crunching or they'd just get "fired". Additionally, those who did quit even if they did a major part of the game got cut out of the credits.

D

Deleted member 1392

100 hrs shifts for the devs, shit pay, if they refused to do those extra hours they didn't have their contracts renewed.

In the end they were basically forced to do the game through crunching or they'd just get "fired". Additionally, those who did quit even if they did a major part of the game got cut out of the credits.
That's really shitty and odd.

Plankster

Atom
Nebulae

Geez

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
what is with the anti-epic games mood

they keep snatching timed exclusives, even from kickstarted games and say that it's necessary for them to keep doing it to compete with steam, which is not in my opinion

also i don't think the lower cut epic games take will make a difference for the consumers

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Premium Member
Nebulae
That's really shitty and odd.

It's more the view of Epic than Rockstar though, the Rockstar issue was dealt with properly and stuff has been patched neatly since then, plus it wasn't as harsh for their devs.

In the case of Epic, the weekly updates for Fortnite come at a big cost, with some people even breaking down due to stress and as one of the Epic Games employees said, seeing a weekend off as a "major achievement".

I mean I work at the airport at the VIP Lounge and I have way better working conditions than them.

they keep snatching timed exclusives, even from kickstarted games and say that it's necessary for them to keep doing it to compete with steam, which is not in my opinion

They're partly right and partly wrong.

They shouldn't be snatching games and forcing players to a single platform.

But it's their only true way to make a dent on Valve's share cut policies in order to force them to lower the cut they take from games.

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
They're partly right and partly wrong.

They shouldn't be snatching games and forcing players to a single platform.

But it's their only true way to make a dent on Valve's share cut policies in order to force them to lower the cut they take from games.

a lower cut won't change much, most companies are hungry for money and example of that was when during the mega sale, most big companies pulled their games out of the store just cause the consumers would have gotten them cheaper despite Epic covering for the price

and instead of stealing games from kickstarters and steam, they should focus on building a better community with more features rather than throw money at everything as a solution, something that CDPR and GOG are working on, aka GOG Galaxy 2.0 which is aimed to fix all issues people have with multi-platforms right now

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
a lower cut won't change much, most companies are hungry for money and example of that was when during the mega sale, most big companies pulled their games out of the store just cause the consumers would have gotten them cheaper despite Epic covering for the price

and instead of stealing games from kickstarters and steam, they should focus on building a better community with more features rather than throw money at everything as a solution, something that CDPR and GOG are working on, aka GOG Galaxy 2.0 which is aimed to fix all issues people have with multi-platforms right now

"surprise mechanics"

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae
mutant_year_zero_logo-1864x1048.jpg

fdc6ee70ba6aee36a86086a9391fbea1ac146ff15cfef037f19ea42046ffa1ca_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.jpg

EPIC GAMES STORE
As a little headsup for next week

15.08.2019 til 22.08.2019

and I know what I am about to play next week :P