Serious FrundTech Anniversary Approaching

Should FrundTech's revival be given a second chance?

• Yeah, I think it was a cool concept.

• No, bad idea.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
The closest I remember to that was in QZRP, and I just got told to move it.

In Revival the only thing I bitched about was your antics.

It's not flinging shit Powley, it's looking back on what happened, and accepting what went wrong and where. You can't claim that you and your staff did nothing wrong.

@Blackquill ironic rating when

i dont really care to be honest lykos, you were pretty much a cunt to the entire staff team back then when nothing went your way, so when your reports came up they never really bothered me

its all in the past, youre not a half bad guy now

LykosNychi

Nucleus
Nebulae
i dont really care to be honest lykos, you were pretty much a cunt to the entire staff team back then when nothing went your way, so when your reports came up they never really bothered me

its all in the past, youre not a half bad guy now
I appreciate the compliment, but my intention isn't to insult.

Was I a cunt? Fuck yes.

Am I still a cunt? Probably.

Have I learned anything? Less arguing on the server, more on the forums.. ;)

My point is the things that happened in FT:R were very much relevant to the reasons it dies. You can play the 'idc' 'you were a cunt' game all you want, but we all need to face the facts.

I was a cunt, but as many people on this community know, I don't suddenly spring up out of nowhere and start spouting. I start spouting when someone else does something- And sometimes I'm in the wrong, just like everyone else.

The things that happened in FT:R nearly ruined the experience for myself and several of my friends, and a Community Manager had to step in, and tell you, the freaking SD, to tone your actions down, and leave us alone.

Eventually you banned me from the server by my own request, because I refused to go along with a mugging where the attacker metagamed my items (As the rules at the time stated you need to have seen a weapon/armour to mug someone)

In that ban appeal, tons of things such as the metagame, giving items to people's alt chars, spawning items in, etc, all came out into the light.

Shortly afterwards you ended up in a car accident and went inactive, and thus none of it was pursued.

I'm literally not here to attack you Powley, as I get told over and over very often how you're a cool guy. I'm just bringing up the things that happened in FT:R so that we as a group of people, can recognize what happened, and how to make sure it doesn't again.

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
iirc ftrp was the only incident in which a staff abuse report was right

LykosNychi

Nucleus
Nebulae
iirc ftrp was the only incident in which a staff abuse report was right
I was right a couple other times, but i blew people's actions out of proportion and they only ever got a slap on the wrist, whereas I built up a bad rep.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I appreciate the compliment, but my intention isn't to insult.

Was I a cunt? Fuck yes.

Am I still a cunt? Probably.

Have I learned anything? Less arguing on the server, more on the forums.. :wink:

My point is the things that happened in FT:R were very much relevant to the reasons it dies. You can play the 'idc' 'you were a cunt' game all you want, but we all need to face the facts.

I was a cunt, but as many people on this community know, I don't suddenly spring up out of nowhere and start spouting. I start spouting when someone else does something- And sometimes I'm in the wrong, just like everyone else.

The things that happened in FT:R nearly ruined the experience for myself and several of my friends, and a Community Manager had to step in, and tell you, the freaking SD, to tone your actions down, and leave us alone.

Eventually you banned me from the server by my own request, because I refused to go along with a mugging where the attacker metagamed my items (As the rules at the time stated you need to have seen a weapon/armour to mug someone)

In that ban appeal, tons of things such as the metagame, giving items to people's alt chars, spawning items in, etc, all came out into the light.

Shortly afterwards you ended up in a car accident and went inactive, and thus none of it was pursued.

I'm literally not here to attack you Powley, as I get told over and over very often how you're a cool guy. I'm just bringing up the things that happened in FT:R so that we as a group of people, can recognize what happened, and how to make sure it doesn't again.

Oh don't get me wrong, I understand that I needed to calm down, and since then, I've toned myself down a lot.

Did I care about FTRP? Course I did.

Do I care about it now? Not really.

There was a few incidents I regret regarding staff, especially malaal and such, I placed my trust where I shouldn't, and it ended up biting me in my arse for it. I got railed hard for it in the end.

Do I regret doing anything on FTRP? Course, but it's happened and over now. Couldn't really defend myself tho.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
FT:RP was amazing its such a shame not a lot of people liked it, it had that much freedom and exploration you can't get anywhere, mostly because in WW3RP you need to in a group and need to be enlisted to AP.

While in HL2 the bad evil CP's going to kill you and the "GOOD" rebels also kill you, also there isn't a lot of map space in the sense of freedom.

While in FT you had this massive fields, full of danger and scripts to be found, you never knew if you could have made it, but then you did, you created so many cool groups and characters with unique stories and traits, plus you had the off chance of mutants and freaky shit happening.

I mean it was just amazing, I remember the last event that I partook in was one in a secret soviet faciliy as a zombie horde was behind our feet and we had to go inside, a giant mutant was there and my gun could barely do shit (also I only had 24 bullets) we had to blow up the facility with epic music and the giant mutant became on fire as it exploded out of the building and its body ran off... AMAZING. Good times, good times.

LykosNychi

Nucleus
Nebulae
Oh don't get me wrong, I understand that I needed to calm down, and since then, I've toned myself down a lot.

Did I care about FTRP? Course I did.

Do I care about it now? Not really.

There was a few incidents I regret regarding staff, especially malaal and such, I placed my trust where I shouldn't, and it ended up biting me in my arse for it. I got railed hard for it in the end.

Do I regret doing anything on FTRP? Course, but it's happened and over now. Couldn't really defend myself tho.
I like you more now.

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
Here's the thing with FTRP type servers (FTRP I mean servers with no real goal, such as Respite)
They require a high amount of staff attention compared to their counter parts.
Is that to say FTRP staff gave it no attention? No. They gave it more attention and interaction than HL2RP did at the time, far more attention.
However, HL2RP requires less over-all attention, whilst FTRP requires a lot more attention; whilst FTRP staff gave the server a lot of attention, it could have strived for more.

also, mutant shit was sketchy as fuck, not gonna go into it other than saying it was by far sketchy as fuck.

Mito

Quark
Nebulae
Here's the thing with FTRP type servers (FTRP I mean servers with no real goal, such as Respite)
They require a high amount of staff attention compared to their counter parts.
Is that to say FTRP staff gave it no attention? No. They gave it more attention and interaction than HL2RP did at the time, far more attention.
However, HL2RP requires less over-all attention, whilst FTRP requires a lot more attention; whilst FTRP staff gave the server a lot of attention, it could have strived for more.

also, mutant shit was sketchy as fuck, not gonna go into it other than saying it was by far sketchy as fuck.

Again, the problem with mutants imo was that powers were authorised that which made no sense as a biological mutation. I liked the creative ones that at least partially made sense like the frundie contractor that could emit white phosphorus but when people started throwing lightning and igniting things with their mind that was a little questionable. I think mutations should have been kept biological/physical rather than creating some magneto wannabe edgelords.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
imo if respite can work ftrp can work

because they're so similar and with such similar needs when it comes to managing the server

dont kid me the staff of frundtech was unorganised and abuse reports were a weekly thing

this is just one of the main reasons why the server fails every time