FTRP 2

Mister Mann

Quark
Nebulae
Huh, did someone call the bitter fucker that usually protected Sven in QZRP, and FTRP?
[doublepost=1479522147][/doublepost]
just launch a ss13 server:mad:
Please, no. SS13 coding is a fucking nightmare. Not to mention the playerbase, mixed with NC's would make the salt mines of the game even worse. i.e GOON STATION OR HIPPIE. OR /TG/ SYBIL. So, please if you wanna resign that thing to it's fate do it on your own.

Zombine

DevelopersDevelopersDevelop
Nebulae
I think a more roleplay-oriented approach would be best, and not a post-apocalyptic setting.
As in, it's like city roleplay, set in modern-day times, in a modern city, but some people have mutant powers. I guess you could say similar to an x-men setting.

General public is aware mutants exist, but media has portrayed them in a negative light, government insists they're dangerous.
Large greedy corporation as was in FTRP (but has a better name), interested in capturing and experimenting on mutants.
Goal would be that everyone has a distaste for mutants, and mutants try to hide their powers.
Corporation puts out rewards for information on mutants, insisting they'd like to help them.

Basically something more modern - the post apocalyptic setting shifted the focus from roleplay to scripthunting, as resources were scarce.
As well, only a limited number of mutants should be allowed to exist (like the CP whitelist on HL2. Apps close after a while.) If a mutant character dies, you're forced to re-apply.

I feel like then maybe things would be a bit more blended, people would have jobs, like being the police, or firemen, or running a store, etc., and one day you might just happen to run into a mutant.

The main point is that the mode is mostly city roleplay, and meeting a mutant should be a rare occurrence, and should be terrifying for both parties — citizens are scared and call the police, mutants are scared and forced to go into hiding, manhunts ensue, they try to hide in plain sight or are constantly evading police.

Reactions: List

JohnLugo

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
just do 28 days later rp already instead of the killing floor\prototype\walking dead\metro 2033\stalker\resident evil freakshow of a gamemode.

make it based around the first fifteen days of the outbreak and center it around a group trying to survive, none of this forced conflict thing, the infected are strong and terrifying and it'd make sense for people to work together. as days pass the infected would become weaker and with that tensions arise as the common threat is gone, then groups start forming up.