Gameplay Update #19

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
PDM Additions

mwmB5Mr.png
gFkJMo1.png
fP9fxV2.png

Enjoy a broader selection of vehicles at Premium Deluxe Motorsport; find a car that suits you!​

This update is on the smaller side, but after enjoying a nice involuntary break with the recent FiveM downtime (again), we're almost ready to introduce some new content! We just need to do some quick polishing before it's ready to go out - stay tuned.

We encourage you to continue posting your feedback in the bugs and suggestions forum! You can quickly join the server by clicking here!

Other changes
  • Reduced price of vehicle paint and liveries
  • Slightly increased the max fuel of the police helicopter
  • Adjusted difficulty of store safe minigame

Fixes
  • Fixed unbalanced dice rolls when dropping items
  • Fixed some vehicle stats not saving reliably
  • Fixed MDT taking a long time to load

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
mwmB5Mr.png
gFkJMo1.png
fP9fxV2.png

Enjoy a broader selection of vehicles at Premium Deluxe Motorsport; find a car that suits you!​
Are we able to request specific cars to be added? I think many, including myself, are mostly just saving for when a car we actually want to be added, is added. None of the available cars fit my character much.

we're almost ready to introduce some new content! We just need to do some quick polishing before it's ready to go out - stay tuned.
Do we have a timeframe in mind for the next big update? With Negan on vacation and the only business aside from my own active being burgershot, I'm not gonna lie we're a month in now and it's starting to feel a bit samey.

The character cap doesn't help as I'm unable to make a character I can kinda fill the criminal void with. I have Hugh, my EMS and my hunter/fisher and honestly hunting/fishing is mostly playing by myself which isn't what I'm really here for. I even tried to 'double up' by trying to fill that void on one of my characters and it led to probably one of the least fun scenarios I've experienced to date. Something really needs to be done.

Even while trying to do my normal activities, I've kinda begun to run out of things to do and I don't really have the means to make anything. I can't make COPS anymore due to the restriction about civs in cop cars, events would take money or investment which I don't have because there's no businesses for me to make advertisement money from so unless I grind it myself there's not really much I can do.

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
Are we able to request specific cars to be added? I think many, including myself, are mostly just saving for when a car we actually want to be added, is added. None of the available cars fit my character much.
It depends on which ones - we're holding off on the more luxury cars for the moment

Do we have a timeframe in mind for the next big update? With Negan on vacation and the only business aside from my own active being burgershot, I'm not gonna lie we're a month in now and it's starting to feel a bit samey.

The character cap doesn't help as I'm unable to make a character I can kinda fill the criminal void with. I have Hugh, my EMS and my hunter/fisher and honestly hunting/fishing is mostly playing by myself which isn't what I'm really here for. I even tried to 'double up' by trying to fill that void on one of my characters and it led to probably one of the least fun scenarios I've experienced to date. Something really needs to be done.

Even while trying to do my normal activities, I've kinda begun to run out of things to do and I don't really have the means to make anything. I can't make COPS anymore due to the restriction about civs in cop cars, events would take money or investment which I don't have because there's no businesses for me to make advertisement money from so unless I grind it myself there's not really much I can do.
We'll have some new stuff out in a couple days at most

Reactions: List

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
It depends on which ones - we're holding off on the more luxury cars for the moment
I've really got my eyes set on the Vapid Peyote topless variant, or the Declasse Tornado Convertible. Classic cars, with a sub-100mphs max speed, on GTA Online they also cost $38k and $30k respectively. Not really high-end sports cars after all. Just nice looking cars. I'd prefer the Peyote but I'd make do if I had to.

We'll have some new stuff out in a couple days at most
I look forward to it.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I even tried to 'double up' by trying to fill that void on one of my characters and it led to probably one of the least fun scenarios I've experienced to date.
I think this is a poor way to present your dissatisfaction for that scenario, especially with the character claiming to be possessed by a demon or the devil; I'm very uncertain how you expected the PD to respond to such a thing.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I think this is a poor way to present your dissatisfaction for that scenario, especially with the character claiming to be possessed by a demon or the devil; I'm very uncertain how you expected the PD to respond to such a thing.
I needed a reason for a character that should be legal to do illegal things so that there was something to do, especially as otherwise I'd have no characters doing anything illegal due to the cap and as GTA is supposed more loose, kooky and not as hyper-serious as HL2RP I figured it'd be fun and interesting. I don't think that's a poor way to present it at all.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I needed a reason for a character that should be legal to do illegal things so that there was something to do, especially as otherwise I'd have no characters doing anything illegal due to the cap and as GTA is supposed more loose, kooky and not as hyper-serious as HL2RP I figured it'd be fun and interesting. I don't think that's a poor way to present it at all.
I think it was a poor present it because you were unhappy that it resulted in the potential suspension of a weapon license, which I'd argue is a pretty reasonable response to someone claiming to be doing illegal acts whilst possessed by the devil.

I did attempt to convey to you at the time, mental insanity of any kind could lead to a lengthy sentence until evaluation so that you could 'come out of' it even temporarily to avoid the entire issue; you chose to continue so we assumed you were okay with the consequences of that.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

just do illegal shit as hugh chunt tbh

every lawyer is also a full-time career criminal and i imagine if they ever get caught by the police they just go "oh i was getting in the mindset of my client"

with the state of los santos, i doubt doing crime is going to get your license/business revoked, because it's basically a IC thing that everyone who isn't a cop is a criminal

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I think it was a poor present it because you were unhappy that it resulted in the potential suspension of a weapon license, which I'd argue is a pretty reasonable response to someone claiming to be doing illegal acts whilst possessed by the devil.
I wasn't unhappy about the situation because of the potential suspension itself, but moreso how it was carried out - a court order that could not (and still cannot) be fulfilled on my end, which is why I immediately sought to repeal it. It should have never been created in the first place, and honestly it feels like we've become more serious over the past week and a bit and it's becoming increasingly boring as a result. In the first two weeks it was kooky as hell, people doing silly and fun stuff. We literally burgled houses under the pretense that the houses were haunted and the stolen objects were possessed and both cops and EMS literally went "that makes total sense" and continued - no "well clearly you're insane, off to the asylum with you".

I did attempt to convey to you at the time, mental insanity of any kind could lead to a lengthy sentence until evaluation so that you could 'come out of' it even temporarily to avoid the entire issue; you chose to continue so we assumed you were okay with the consequences of that.
Someone else has literally pleaded insanity for trying to bribe a cop and last I checked they were fine and still have their gun and license. In any case, what was I going to do, break roleplay entirely and just throw out something I'd been working on for about three weeks? Again, as I said above, we've done kookier shit and it wasn't beaten with the "no fun allowed" stick.

just do illegal shit as hugh chunt tbh

every lawyer is also a full-time career criminal and i imagine if they ever get caught by the police they just go "oh i was getting in the mindset of my client"

with the state of los santos, i doubt doing crime is going to get your license/business revoked, because it's basically a IC thing that everyone who isn't a cop is a criminal
Getting caught loses me money. I currently have no way to make money without grinding due to the lack of businesses that would fund mine via sponsorships and advertisements. I will eventually fall into debt if I'm not doing easy to get away with shit like grinding cars, and even that is becoming barely worth the time.

As for "every lawyer" we have literally one, the other two haven't been seen in approx 2-3 weeks last I checked.

I'm not expecting my business license to be revoked, I'm trying to save money so eventually I can make cash prizes for TV shows and competitions, or save up so I can eventually rent/buy the arena. I don't want to lose a couple hours of grinding to one reckless evasion and a failure to comply offence.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Getting caught loses me money.

is that a big issue

like i only have 30k but i have 0 interest in the cars in PDM so at this point money's just a non-issue for me

fines only come out of your bank account and i don't think police can raid your apartment unless they have a just reason, and i doubt "we need to nick his money" is something you can put a warrant on

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I wasn't unhappy about the situation because of the potential suspension itself, but moreso how it was carried out - a court order that could not (and still cannot) be fulfilled on my end, which is why I immediately sought to repeal it. It should have never been created in the first place, and honestly it feels like we've become more serious over the past week and a bit and it's becoming increasingly boring as a result.
I'm sorry but this reeks of not wanting to have consequences for actions.

Someone else has literally pleaded insanity for trying to bribe a cop and last I checked they were fine and still have their gun and license. In any case, what was I going to do, break roleplay entirely and just throw out something I'd been working on for about three weeks? Again, as I said above, we've done kookier shit and it wasn't beaten with the "no fun allowed" stick.
It's not a "no fun allowed" stick, it's a 51-50 order because someone is clearly needing an evaluation and may be a danger. If someone is using that as their plea then an officer likely didn't know or failed to follow protocol but yes, I do think the opportunity for you to "snap out of it" was there and you chose not to; are we expected to forgo our procedure because you don't like the outcome you're warned of?

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
is that a big issue

like i only have 30k but i have 0 interest in the cars in PDM so at this point money's just a non-issue for me

fines only come out of your bank account and i don't think police can raid your apartment unless they have a just reason, and i doubt "we need to nick his money" is something you can put a warrant on
You have over triple my money and I also have 0 interest in the cars in PDM currently, but my point is, is that I'm not actively doing other jobs, I'm trying to be in roleplay heavy locations in order to record situations that come out of them. I got one fine which was around 2.3k, it took between a quarter to a fifth of my bank account.

I'm sorry but this reeks of not wanting to have consequences for actions.
I'm sorry you're interpreting it that way. Maybe take a step back and observe the transition that's happened.

It's not a "no fun allowed" stick, it's a 51-50 order because someone is clearly needing an evaluation and may be a danger. If someone is using that as their plea then an officer likely didn't know or failed to follow protocol but yes, I do think the opportunity for you to "snap out of it" was there and you chose not to; are we expected to forgo our procedure because you don't like the outcome you're warned of?
I think considering how much procedure is interfering lately that again, as I've already said, we're sliding towards being more and more serious which is dulling things.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I'm sorry you're interpreting it that way. Maybe take a step back and observe the transition that's happened.
I would advise you also step back and evaluate how Hugh being possessed by the devil may impact things.

I think considering how much procedure is interfering lately that again, as I've already said, we're sliding towards being more and more serious which is dulling things.
Nothing has changed in procedure. Again, I attempted to warn you that mental insanity is likely not the route you wanted to take and could lead to something you didn't want, you stuck with it and so we kept on our course.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
You have over triple my money and I also have 0 interest in the cars in PDM currently, but my point is, is that I'm not actively doing other jobs, I'm trying to be in roleplay heavy locations in order to record situations that come out of them. I got one fine which was around 2.3k, it took between a quarter to a fifth of my bank account.

im ngl i dont exactly get like
the issue with losing money
if you are not in need of money

if you wanna do raffles or lotteries or the likes you can probably ask "state officials" (since we're lacking a mayor atm) for the money

or you can go balls-out and just go "give me $1,000 to enter a lottery, winner takes 80% of the pot" to people

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I would advise you also step back and evaluate how Hugh being possessed by the devil may impact things.
I already have and I've already thrown it away pretty much because there's no point due to how seriously it was handled, but in that same vein I just have even less to do now. I can either sit around and wait for something to happen or grind. I'm back to purely relying on random stuff occurring as I can't film cops and I'm pretty sure if I try another spooky ghost hunters the entire team will get committed so as it stands I'm out of ideas for now.

Nothing has changed in procedure.
Maybe, but how people follow it sure has, and that's an undeniable fact. People now seemingly follow it to the letter, and that's made me realise that parts of it definitely need removing or toning down if you don't want HL2RP style cops.

Again, I attempted to warn you that mental insanity is likely not the route you wanted to take and could lead to something you didn't want, you stuck with it and so we kept on our course.
I'm aware, and as I said:
In any case, what was I going to do, break roleplay entirely and just throw out something I'd been working on for about three weeks? Again, as I said above, we've done kookier shit and it wasn't beaten with the "no fun allowed" stick.

im ngl i dont exactly get like
the issue with losing money
if you are not in need of money

if you wanna do raffles or lotteries or the likes you can probably ask "state officials" (since we're lacking a mayor atm) for the money

or you can go balls-out and just go "give me $1,000 to enter a lottery, winner takes 80% of the pot" to people
I am in need of money. As I literally said,
I'm trying to save money so eventually I can make cash prizes for TV shows and competitions, or save up so I can eventually rent/buy the arena.
I'm not interested in just hosting a raffle or a lottery, that isn't entertaining at all. I want to be able to do full on game shows where people can regularly participate and win prizes, but prizes cost money. And "asking state officials" translates into ask cops and EMS who both respond with they can't afford to just throw money at me unless it's in a contract where they get something out of it too. We don't have a government grant system or a loan system, so it all comes back down to my own money. And again, with zero businesses for advertisements or sponsorships - I've even asked Burgershot repeatedly and the answer has always been no - I have no way of making money via TV Shows organically.

I'm also going to sleep, I'll respond to whatever tomorrow.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I already have and I've already thrown it away pretty much because there's no point due to how seriously it was handled, but in that same vein I just have even less to do now.
I know you're unhappy about the SOP for ride along but even if that weren't the case, I believe the incident itself would've removed the possibility of any in the future anyway; it would be too high of a risk.
I'm pretty sure if I try another spooky ghost hunters the entire team will get committed so as it stands I'm out of ideas for now.
Ghost Hunting is not reason for believing someone is not of sane mind.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
you can be as mentally unstable as you like so long as that instability doesn't manifest as "becoming incredibly violent"

see: flat earthers

Chezburger

american idiot
Nebulae
@Aether what would u have liked 2 happen? I would have liked to see ur stuff flourish (kinda funny) but at the same time I'm not sure what else PD can do for insane criminals. Maybe we can work something out together for future cases

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
the joker only continues to do crime because he busts out of the asylum, not because he's let off lightly

Reactions: List