Gameplay Update #19

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I would have liked to see ur stuff flourish
For clarification, I too would've liked to see where it could go but getting caught obviously stops that in it's tracks.

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I've lost interest lately while waiting for content and for new things to do, I expected the businesses to keep me afloat while waiting for new content to come out, but it hasn't been the case.

It feels like I applied a month ago (close) and it's just sitting in limbo without really any correspondence. Alex said it would need clarification from the government, even though I initially thought it was you that was accepting and denying the apps, I sent a letter to the district attorney judge and I never got a reply, so I guess nobody wants me to run my business but nobody also wanted to tell me, I just don't know where things stand with so little correspondence.

You guys said you wanted active players to run businesses and I thought I was in that bracket, I don't know when businesses will actually come out.

I was wondering if any government/devs could comment if they know anything?

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I know you're unhappy about the SOP for ride along but even if that weren't the case, I believe the incident itself would've removed the possibility of any in the future anyway; it would be too high of a risk.
My point exactly, it's being too serious and you need to relax it, otherwise where is the fun going to be with the cops? You're just going to end up with the same issue HL2RP had.

Ghost Hunting is not reason for believing someone is not of sane mind.
"I believe ghosts are real and these clearly stolen objects are 100% haunted" is somehow not insane? Explain that to me?

you can be as mentally unstable as you like so long as that instability doesn't manifest as "becoming incredibly violent"

see: flat earthers
My crime was running from the cops, nothing more - a non-violent crime.

@Aether what would u have liked 2 happen? I would have liked to see ur stuff flourish (kinda funny) but at the same time I'm not sure what else PD can do for insane criminals. Maybe we can work something out together for future cases
I expected us to be more goofy with it and instead of just slapping it with the "clearly you're insane" it instead be roleplayed with. I've seen more ridiculous stuff on other servers and again, it seemed like we were going to be fun with this kind of thing with prior events. Like y'all could've went "well clearly you need to be exorcised" and you even started doing it with the whole "the power of christ compels you" and throwing holy water on me and I thought it would've continued when I actually went with it but then it just turned into nothing, and I'm still trying to figure out why and atm my only guess is "we've just become too serious with it".

For what I'd like us to do in the future depends on the situation, but I don't think just threatening people with indefinite holds until they can be seen by a psychiatrist is the way to go. "Either stop roleplaying this way or essentially live in jail" is not great for roleplay.

For clarification, I too would've liked to see where it could go but getting caught obviously stops that in it's tracks.
Why? As I said above, there were other avenues available and instead we just decided to take the least roleplay-friendly one.

Even while trying to do my normal activities, I've kinda begun to run out of things to do and I don't really have the means to make anything. I can't make COPS anymore due to the restriction about civs in cop cars, events would take money or investment which I don't have because there's no businesses for me to make advertisement money from so unless I grind it myself there's not really much I can do.
Either way, regardless of if we want to try and focus on one aspect of what I said, this just kinda goes with the rest:
I've lost interest lately while waiting for content and for new things to do, I expected the businesses to keep me afloat while waiting for new content to come out, but it hasn't been the case.

It feels like I applied a month ago (close) and it's just sitting in limbo without really any correspondence. Alex said it would need clarification from the government, even though I initially thought it was you that was accepting and denying the apps, I sent a letter to the district attorney judge and I never got a reply, so I guess nobody wants me to run my business but nobody also wanted to tell me, I just don't know where things stand with so little correspondence.

You guys said you wanted active players to run businesses and I thought I was in that bracket, I don't know when businesses will actually come out.

We've pretty much run out of things to do and there's no other businesses. I know Baldur's Gate 3 has taken a lot of people's interests but either way we're not giving them much reason to play here instead.

Chezburger

american idiot
Nebulae
i have a plan that involves burgers and the fast food feud of the century

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

iirc Alex is working on the businesses, they’re just a pain in the ass to code because fiveM doesn’t come with any of gta or gta online’s features

so for the LS customs business, he’s had to work on implementing a wholly original car customization mechanic

basically: it’s a bitch to get the businesses working mechanically and will probably take a long time (for the first batch at least)

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
"I believe ghosts are real and these clearly stolen objects are 100% haunted" is somehow not insane? Explain that to me?

Tbf there's a very big gap in believing ghosts are real and believing your are possessed by the devil - especially when the latter tends to be used as a thing of outright insanity in all forms of media it shows up in, and even IRL its often laughed at (The DnD/Pokemon panic, the youtube memes from 'possessed' African priests, yada-yada).

Whereas, y'know, people make careers out of ghost hunting and what have you. There's nothing overtly weird about it.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Tbf there's a very big gap in believing ghosts are real and believing your are possessed by the devil - especially when the latter tends to be used as a thing of outright insanity in all forms of media it shows up in, and even IRL its often laughed at (The DnD/Pokemon panic, the youtube memes from 'possessed' African priests, yada-yada).

Whereas, y'know, people make careers out of ghost hunting and what have you. There's nothing overtly weird about it.
Negan repeatedly claimed he was possessed by the ghost of genghis khan as a result of it.

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i'm still enjoying the server a lot :) been on less recently due to some personal issues (wisdom tooth moment) but overall i still enjoy getting on and got something to do. however, I am EMS so obviously I got a job to do. things have slowed down, but I think it's a temporary thing and as content is being pushed down the lane I remain optimistic. my recommendation for those currently a bit bored, I think the best way is to wait for businesses to be introduced and open your own little hub, and for now you can probably hang around the "main" hubs.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Negan repeatedly claimed he was possessed by the ghost of genghis khan as a result of it.

Its also just the context and how its done I think. Negan is known as a funny troublemaker who'd say and do shit, he'd built himself up into that sort of character over time and that gave him a lot of leeway to where people would never really take him "seriously" when he tried out new bits (and even then he still gets his ass slapped with punishments).

But obviously not everyone can come out of the gate and be a Negan character and things aren't always going to fall the way you want when trying to go that same vague route.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Its also just the context and how its done I think. Negan is known as a funny troublemaker who'd say and do shit, he'd built himself up into that sort of character over time and that gave him a lot of leeway to where people would never really take him "seriously" when he tried out new bits (and even then he still gets his ass slapped with punishments).

But obviously not everyone can come out of the gate and be a Negan character and things aren't always going to fall the way you want when trying to go that same vague route.
I agree, it's his character to do stuff like that and mine isn't, which again is why I had to do something like that for it to make sense. I'd much rather do crime on a different character but a month later and I still can't make more than three.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae

I understand the frustration with waiting on an answer for your player business.

We’ve been crunching pretty much since the playtest and there’s an absolute mountain of work to be done, which is why there’s been a delay with processing player business proposals and the development of them.

You definitely are/were in that bracket however, approval of your business right now would not mean much; due to the mechanics it relies on not existing (eg. cannabis growth).

I assure you, it is not the case that nobody wanted you to run your business or that you were kept in the dark about it intentionally.

I know there’s also a question of IC legality of the business too. As far as I’m aware, possession has a legal quantity but the cultivation or distribution is not legal.

Last edited:

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
My point exactly, it's being too serious and you need to relax it, otherwise where is the fun going to be with the cops? You're just going to end up with the same issue HL2RP had.

My crime was running from the cops, nothing more - a non-violent crime.

I expected us to be more goofy with it and instead of just slapping it with the "clearly you're insane" it instead be roleplayed with. I've seen more ridiculous stuff on other servers and again, it seemed like we were going to be fun with this kind of thing with prior events. Like y'all could've went "well clearly you need to be exorcised" and you even started doing it with the whole "the power of christ compels you" and throwing holy water on me and I thought it would've continued when I actually went with it but then it just turned into nothing, and I'm still trying to figure out why and atm my only guess is "we've just become too serious with it".

For what I'd like us to do in the future depends on the situation, but I don't think just threatening people with indefinite holds until they can be seen by a psychiatrist is the way to go. "Either stop roleplaying this way or essentially live in jail" is not great for roleplay.

Why? As I said above, there were other avenues available and instead we just decided to take the least roleplay-friendly one.

Either way, regardless of if we want to try and focus on one aspect of what I said, this just kinda goes with the rest:

We've pretty much run out of things to do and there's no other businesses. I know Baldur's Gate 3 has taken a lot of people's interests but either way we're not giving them much reason to play here instead.
committing crime and saying you were possessed is basically telling the cops youre insane

it'd be like if I shot a guy then said lol just kidding, I shouldn't expect a lighter punishment for that

expecting things like this to hold value for other players right off the bat isn't the approach to take. Hugh has been a perfectly normally guy, then suddenly out of the blue there's a demon possession him only when he's just gotten arrested. if you want people to value what you're doing and not look at it as an easy out or w/e, then you need progressively work it into your character. you can't expect to start with the final payoff and assume people should treat it the same way you are

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
committing crime and saying you were possessed is basically telling the cops youre insane

it'd be like if I shot a guy then said lol just kidding, I shouldn't expect a lighter punishment for that

expecting things like this to hold value for other players right off the bat isn't the approach to take. Hugh has been a perfectly normally guy, then suddenly out of the blue there's a demon possession him only when he's just gotten arrested. if you want people to value what you're doing and not look at it as an easy out or w/e, then you need progressively work it into your character. you can't expect to start with the final payoff and assume people should treat it the same way you are
If I shot a guy and then said it, sure - but that wasn't the case. Also, while I appreciate the attempt to teach me how to roleplay, I'm well aware. This isn't an 'out of the blue' situation, the cops have inadvertently interacted with Hugh like that multiple times in the past, they just never connected the dots before, and other people who I interact with regularly were aware of the situation as well. This wasn't a 'get out of jail free' card, this was something that had been worked on and I assumed the interactions prior meant that it would've been roleplayed with as I've said earlier in the thread, but it wasn't so I canned the idea.

Also, as we're discussing things a week old now,
We'll have some new stuff out in a couple days at most
I'm assuming there's been some delays in the update, do we have any idea when civvies will actually get something new to do?

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae